Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟18,723.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
:wave:
Read the post on the marriage which got me thinking about baptism and what is considered valid.

If a non Catholic single parent has their baby baptised in a Protestant Church and the God Parents are Catholic is the baby's baptism still valid?

What if a couple which consists of one Catholic and one Protestant have their children baptised in the Church that the Protestant belongs to and again has a Catholic God Parent(s)?

Just curious :)

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hey united4Peace
water Baptism done in the name of Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost is a valid baptism
does not matter if a child Catholic is a Godparent or not

the Catholic Church accepts allmost every Protestant denominations baptisms

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think the Catholic Church accepts most normal protestant baptisms. The RCIA director told me they do not accept weird ones they've heard of perfume baptisms and rose baptisms (being baptised in a bunch of falling roses?) or Jehovah's Witness baptisms since its not a trinitarian baptism.

But basically most baptisms are valid from what I know. My Protestant Pastor baptized me I didn't get re-baptized.

Oh...and also I guess the Church accepts any marriages between two baptized people they just convalidate (?) it and one is done on a case by case basis. Mine didn't need convalidated or whatever its called.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟18,723.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Not bad....busy in school, work and family! On here though reading through posts...procrastinating studying and essays :angel:

Hmmm maybe some one needs to contact a mod and have me booted (until next June) :eek: ;)

No more questions about baptism...was reading through and was just curious :)
Hope all is well with you :)

Upvote 0