• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Valentines Day

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Do anything? We did not do much as we are getting ready to travel for his aunt’s funeral tomorrow.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sal Robinson

Sal Robinson Member Supporter

+151
    Australia
    Baptist
    Single
    Well it is hard to celebrate the fruits of a relationship during tragedy......things happen in life that do get in the way of things like valentines day,

it's completely up to you and your husband whether you wanted to do something even if was grab a bite to eat on the way for valentines day

praying for you and your husband and his family who are grieving during this time

3. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks Sal.

4. Cimorene

Cimorene Be aware of false prophets Supporter

+5,208
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    That's so sad. I'm sorry his aunt died.

My dog died today. I'm not ready to talk about it. I'm trying to distract myself. He has been with us since I was 2. I'm devastated. So I'm not celebrating Valentine's Day either. My bf understands totally, we're gonna celebrate another time.

5. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Aw! I’m so sorry Cimorene! :( A lot of people do not understand how a pet can become such an integral part of the family. It is so sweet you had dog who watched you grow and help raise you. :) So, so sorry. *Hugs* Prayers for your sweet dog, you, and all that knew and loved him/her.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  6. Fenwick

Fenwick DEUS VULT

+7,386
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    HA! HA-HA!

Do you realize it's me you're talking to?!

[​IMG]

DANG'T.

Sorry, Michie.

7. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I could not help but laugh at you laughing at yourself. ;)

As tomorrow, just hoping for safe travel and no drama. Not looking forward to seeing BIL and his wife tomorrow. :sigh: Thank you for the prayers.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  8. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 A work in progress. Being moulded by the Potter! Supporter

+4,482
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I'm not particularly romantically inclined. Just met up with an old friend at a carvery and spent the evening putting the world to rights. After a bit of culinary overindulgence, I'm afraid that it is my stomach that needs a bit of love! No valentine's cards. Just a box of sodium bicarbonate tablets to get rid of that excess wind!

9. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Hey the culinary indulgence sounds good! I was pretty busy today. I had a frozen pizza! Lol!

10. Anthony2019

+4,482
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Frozen pizza? I hope you cooked it first! ;-)
    The culinary indulgence was fabulous, but my taxi driver didn't seem to think so, as he had to put up with the sound of belching for the entire 20 minute journey home.

11. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I did cook it first. Tasted like cardboard. As far as the taxi driver...lol! Could of been worse, it didn’t come out the other end did it. You could of gifted. Him with a Valentine fart or something. ;)

12. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Forgot to ask... what did you eat?

13. Anthony2019

+4,482
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I think the only gift he would have got from me is the soilage charge.
    Thankfully, nothing went "amiss" and both me and my stomach contents returned home in one piece!

14. Anthony2019

+4,482
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    It's a local pub that does a carvery. Some of the pubs around here do them - usually at the weekend, but many of them all week round. There's a counter with a selection of cooked meats, normally gammon, turkey, beef or pork. The server cuts the meats for you, adds a Yorkshire pudding, some "pigs in blankets" and then you help yourself to roast potatoes, a selection of vegetables and gravy!

15. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Francis of Assisi Supporter

+8,514
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Watched the grandkids today. Craving curry so we’ll probably do Indian tonight.

16. Anthony2019

+4,482
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hoping and praying that all will go smoothly for the funeral tomorrow. May God comfort you during this time.

17. Michie

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you Anthony.

18. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+6,223
    Christian