Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,774,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't usually do much in the way of gifts to each other. Maybe a card and favorite candy bar (really). Instead, we like to splurge a little at a favorite higher-end restaurant. We dont' eat like kings and queens every day, but Valentine's Day is a great time to treat ourselves to some prime tenderloin:yum:

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
What does your hubby like to do? I might be of some help if I had an idea of his interests.

I bought my wife a pair of black pearl and diamond earrings that she has wanted for quite some time. Only recently has she taken an interest in jewelry, for which I am thankful, because it has opened up a whole new plethora of ideas for gifts. (I know, kinda weird for a husband to be glad his wife likes jewelry....)

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunately, I can't post the joke about the "men's version of Valentine's Day" here.

The most successful V-day gift I ever got my wife was a pocketknife she'd long wanted... stuck in a chocolate heart. But she's a goth, and I don't recommend trying this on most spouses.

Upvote 0

hollygirl

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left scr
Apr 15, 2002
✟831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Harry & Davids people! Got visit Harry & Davids.

I can't tell ya what I got my hubby this year 'cause he'll see.

The best valentine I ever got? Swarovski Crystal Rose. (That was before we got married and he had money. hehe)

Best I've ever gotten him? I made him a card for our first married Valentines day. (Shhhh.....but I splurged this year! hehehe)

Upvote 0

Evening Mist

gentle mother
Feb 7, 2003
Delaware
Visit site
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
There was this one Valentine's Day that we were fighting horribly. Oh -- I didn't even want to be in the same room with him!!! Anyway, I had a gift -- a CD -- for him and I tossed it at the dinner table on his plate. He went over to his brief case and pulled out a heart shaped box of chocolates and threw it at the counter. You could have cut the tension with a knife. Suddenly, we both cracked up laughing. I can't even remember what we were fighting about. We made up nice though!

We don't usually do more than that for each other. It is funny though, our kids really get into the holiday. Paper hearts are stuck everywhere. We'll probably all wear red. I'll get them each a card, a little box of candy, and a stuffed creature of some sort. We'll have homemade heart shaped pizza for dinner. We wouldn't dream of going on a date and abandoning them! As far as they are concerned, it is a FAMILY holiday! Don't try to convince them otherwise!

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife once did a beautiful little painting of a heart tree, with a couple of hearts that had fallen off of it into the grass. Another year she made me a small heart-shaped box with a little key in it with "J+P" (our initials) on it.

I don't have anything planned this year; I got laid off, so we're sorta short on money. Most likely, we'll order a pizza and play D&D.

Upvote 0

karla

Love God, Serve God
Nov 5, 2002
York, Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟2,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Best Gift: Surprise trip to Cancun for that summer (we never had a honeymoon) and I found out I was pregnant with our first child!

We normally don't do gifts for Valentine's Day - now that we have two kids it is harder to go out, so this year I am cooking a romantic dinner for just the two of (we are putting the kids to bed a little early) and my husband is in charge of picking up a movie. Dinner and a movie at home. I am really looking forward to it this year!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

adventwatch

Feb 2, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing... we won't celebrate this pagan holiday.

It comes from the lottery to honor the Roman god Lupercus. Soldiers were not permited to marry. The names of women were placed in a box. the men would draw out a name of the woman they could use for the next year.

Joseph(adventwatch)

Upvote 0