Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have seen a common trend where some Christians rely on natural remedies, which is not even a bad thing. It's very good, sometimes when I get sick I drink hot lemon flavored tea to stop me from coughing.

But, there's something that bothers me.

Some Christians are against vaccines and other medicines, and I can kinda see why and that's how their conscience is.

But why exactly do they think this?

Why are vaccines and medicines deemed as sinful? Is it just a conscious thing or is it a universal sin?

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: WDSobieski
Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Appears we are all gonna have to do a mass inoculation of the covid. This flu has not behaved like any other infection. It transfers so easy & has proved to be gruesome for most people. I'm confident there will be several vaccines. What we don't know if it will have to be a yearly vaccine or one timer.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen a common trend where some Christians rely on natural remedies, which is not even a bad thing. It's very good, sometimes when I get sick I drink hot lemon flavored tea to stop me from coughing.

Some Christians are against vaccines and other medicines, and I can kinda see why and that's how their conscience is.

Why are vaccines and medicines deemed as sinful? Is it just a conscious thing or is it a universal sin?

When some medicines and vaccines does more harm than good and when they have serious side effects then it becomes a bad thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There are a lot of people who don't like the idea of vaccines, Christian or not. It's normal not to like getting fluids injected into your body.

Have you heard of the vaccine called Gardasil? It's supposed to prevent various strains of HPV. Some people have died after receiving an injection from it. The best way not to get HPV isn't to put a dangerous fluid in your body that can kill you; it's to follow God's commandment for chastity and monogamy.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Would not vaccines be God's way of sending cures. Vaccines consist of attenuated virion or bacterial particles to cause the blood to build up antibodies. Civilization cannot live without them. There are 7 vacs in the mix now on the pandemic. And we need more than one.

Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Jesus is sweeter than macarons.
Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Would not vaccines be God's way of sending cures.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. But I actually misread that as "sending curses" and I got scared. That's why it's important read replies carefully.

Upvote 0