Vaccine mandates for indoor dining and theater are coming to New York City - Vox

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If our Nation saw fit to ramp up production on these mRNA vaccines and bought up hundreds of millions of doses why does it surprise anybody that the Government would be “pushing” the vaccines?

They moved Heaven and earth to get us these vaccines but are only supposed to say, “The vaccines are here, but only if you really want them?”
Yes and it was at least part Trump that made this happen, so why the dichotomy on acceptance?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul wrote "I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;"
Well, don't we all? But Paul wrote much more than that. From you I have yet to see much more than that, though.

Would you also criticize Paul for speaking in this way? Why is it so wrong to look forward to Heaven? Or why are you upset that I say the Earth has bad in it?
Why would I criticize Paul? As I said, he says much more than that. You selectively quote that phrase out of context. Paul started out by explaining that "to live is Christ but to die is gain". Your posts clearly indicate that you believe that "to die is gain" and that you "look forward" to heaven for that reason. What I don't see from your posts (but I did see from Paul) is that "to live is Christ" and that he is "torn between the two" and that he ultimately decides that "Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me." - in other words he will remain on earth, in the body, and serve the Lord.

Can I not say I dislike the vaccine or the way those who refuse to get it are treated?
Of course you can! Who said you can't? Can I not disagree with your opinion? Isn't that what a discussion board is about - discussing things? You seem to feel "forced" by things in life which are not forcing you to do anything. Here it sounds like you feel like someone is trying to force you to not dislike what you dislike... Why would you even ask such a thing?

Whether you choose to see it or not my frustration lies specifically around the topic of the vaccine (which is what this post is about) and not at all saying because I dislike it or the evil in this world that I hate my life on Earth or am constantly thinking negatively. To say so based on a thread in a Christian forum would be a huge assumption that is not true.
You expressed your frustration and followed that by saying how you are eager for the rapture. The rapture is a departure from this earthly life. What did I misunderstand or misrepresent there?

I expressed my frustration with the vaccine and you are expressing your frustration with me. Why is that? Are you the vaccine that you should be offended?
I didn't express my frustration with you - I simply stated what I observed in your posts. I guess my question is why are you frustrated with the vaccines? Vaccines that you apparently trust enough to have chosen of your own free will to receive??? My only frustration is that you seem to avoid answering that while denying what you've already made clear about wanting to depart from this life just because of the vaccines.

Aren't you grateful to the Lord that He has generously provided a vaccine that is capable of ending a worldwide pandemic that has hurt and killed millions? Is that not a good thing in our lives? Don't you want to see your fellow man helped by this?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You're right, I do have a choice, the choice is simple keep your job and feed yourself which requires vaccination
First of all, I would bet that your company is offering the option of a covid test weekly in lieu of a vaccination. But, even if they require vaccination, you can choose another job. Do you believe your company should be mandated on who they can hire and what health standards they maintain?

or find another job (if any are hiring).
Oh, haven't you heard? They are unable to find people to work! Apparently lazy people are collecting unemployment and Wendy's and McDonald's can't find people to work and they're offering triple salaries! Everyplace is desperate to hire and is offering huge increases in pay!

Just based on your quote about how people SHOULD be forced I can already tell you're 100% backing the OP.
What else gave away that I'm backing the OP... the fact that I actually wrote the OP and expressed my view that I support mandated vaccines? Maybe that kinda gave it away too, huh?

I'll just leave this picture here for you to see:
Why do you want me to see that? It's nothing I don't already know. I just wish more of it were true.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You expressed your frustration and followed that by saying how you are eager for the rapture. The rapture is a departure from this earthly life. What did I misunderstand or misrepresent there?
You mistook my wanting to be raptured for not wanting to be alive.

Anyways I'm sorry for the sarcastic comment about how your kind words are serving your commission, it was in response to your sarcastic undertones when you said
...I guess if I didn't care about that and if I was weary from being blessed in this earthly life I would probably spend much more time looking for the rapture... But, I have gratitude each day and see the opportunities to serve each day and don't see a point in looking for a rapture...

But good luck with your rapture-watch..."
Not sure if you meant it to be sarcastic but I took it that way.

Once again my frustrations in my original post were directed towards the vaccine and the way your post reminded me of how much the government is pushing them on the public, treating as "other" those that don't get it.

I won't go into detail about how I felt forced to get it but let's just say I might not have been allowed to live at my house with my wife if I didn't get it, and for my job it actually has been heavily pushed on their employees to get it, you can accept or ignore but these are facts in my life that have affected me.

Once again I apologize if you felt offended by my response it was nothing personal and if it seemed so I ask for your forgiveness.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't subscribe to the idea that God gave us the Covid vaccine lol
Why not?

So you are not grateful to the Lord for the vaccine, since He did not provide it to you in your opinoin, right? Yet you're upset with me for thinking you are not grateful?

I'm sorry you think I'm ungrateful for the life I have on Earth, that's simply wrong and untrue, and the last thing I'll say is if someone promised something as awesome as Heaven why is it wrong to look forward to that?
I don't think or know whether you are ungrateful or not. I just know what you have posted. There's nothing wrong with looking forward to heaven but there is, in my opinion and based on what I know from God's Word, something wrong with ONLY looking forward to heaven and looking upon life on earth as something that is only bad.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
...but there is, in my opinion and based on what I know from God's Word, something wrong with ONLY looking forward to heaven and looking upon life on earth as something that is only bad.
Fortunately I don't ONLY look forward to Heaven and look upon life on Earth as something that is only bad. A lot of our disagreements could've been avoided if you knew that.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
... Yet you're upset with me for thinking you are not grateful?

I don't think or know whether you are ungrateful or not.
Seems to contradict itself

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You mistook my wanting to be raptured for not wanting to be alive.
No, I did not. Being raptured is being alive. I understood your wanting to be raptured as wanting to depart from this earth. Isn't that what being raptured is? Or am I incorrect about that?

Anyways I'm sorry for the sarcastic comment about how your kind words are serving your commission,
I don't mind the sarcasm itself - sarcasm is a good and acceptable tool to use in discussions and this is a discussion forum. As for the judgment within that comment, I had let it go, but if you are going to chastise me for judging then you should be aware of the mote in your own eye.

it was in response to your sarcastic undertones when you said
Not sure if you meant it to be sarcastic but I took it that way.
I don't see how my comment that you quoted was sarcastic in any way and I don't understand how you took it tht way. Even so, a sarcastic response would have been fine with me - I appreciate sarcasm if it's accurate and especially if it teaches me something. But your remark was judgmental - it made clear to me that you judged me as unkind (for what? disagreeing with you??) and your conclusion that I am not serving the Lord because of that.

Once again my frustrations in my original post were directed towards the vaccine and the way your post reminded me of how much the government is pushing them on the public, treating as "other" those that don't get it.
I still don't understand your frustrations about "the government pushing them on the public". I get that you're upset about it but I have yet to understand why. You claim to have been "forced" into things (by your job, not the government) but you have yet to give me a reason to understand why you're frustrated with the government or the vaccines or whatever is frustrating you.

I won't go into detail about how I felt forced to get it but let's just say I might not have been allowed to live at my house with my wife if I didn't get it, and for my job it actually has been heavily pushed on their employees to get it, you can accept or ignore but these are facts in my life that have affected me.
Again, all choices you are making, regardless of pressure. I honestly don't understand how you feel literally forced. Even here you're saying your employer has "heavily pushed" it but that's different frmo forced. And whatever pressure from your wife - you're blaming the government for her making you feel forced? Seriously??? Not rational... very emotional but not at all rational.

Once again I apologize if you felt offended by my response it was nothing personal and if it seemed so I ask for your forgiveness.
If it was nothing personal and if you don't think it was offensive (but rather that I might have "felt" it was) then why are you apologizing? What do you want my forgiveness for?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
@ArmenianJohn I never said I was forced by my wife, I live with her parents and grandparents, why am I even explaining this to you? It's like it's not enough that I say I felt forced you have to point out that it was family and not the government that forced me to get the vaccine, when in fact it is the government that required lockdowns and is promoting the vaccine through media etc.

And the "mote in my eye" comment come on man really?

I've already apologized dude and I'm gonna leave it at that this is going nowhere. You're clearly not seeing how one sided and biased the promotion of the vaccine is, and your stating that I still had a choice.

My choice was between not having a place to live plus a job to feed myself OR getting the vaccine. Plain and simple. If you can't see that then I'm sorry.

I honestly don't know what you want me to say? Do you want me to just agree with you and glorify the distribution of this vaccine and the fact that as you said in the OP that indoor businesses are requiring proof of vaccine in order to enter?

Because here's a thought not everyone agrees with that statement or news report dude. And I'm one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's not Revelation, you're referring to one of verses in one of the epistles by Paul, and it doesn't refer to what is commonly called "the Rapture".

It's in Revelation, chapter 7 verse 9:
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all the tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands".

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh really? What are the numbers of people dying from the vaccine???

Yes, you are free to not get the vaccine. You are free to have your face completely tattooed. You are free to show up to interviews in a bathing suit. You are free to post videos of yourself rioting and destroying the capitol during the insurrection. You are free to drive drunk. But you also bear the consequences of these behaviors.

That sounds just like what white people were saying about the blacks during Jim Crow. They were free to do what they wanted and go where they wanted, but faced being arrested or worse.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to lurk on the RaptureReady forums. A common theme was that the end of the world was coming "aaaaany day now".

That was a couple decades ago. Don't put any stock in those predictions.

I don't listen to predictions about it. I just see what God's Word says about it. I've even noticed how Satanic religions affirm it by having their own version of it.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@ArmenianJohn I never said I was forced by my wife, I live with her parents and grandparents, why am I even explaining this to you? It's like it's not enough that I say I felt forced you have to point out that it was family and not the government that forced me to get the vaccine, when in fact it is the government that required lockdowns and is promoting the vaccine through media etc.
You don't have to explain anything to me or anyone else. Nobody is forcing you to.

I think it's important to note that there's a difference between 'feeling' forced and actually being forced. It's a matter of blaming - when someone "feels" something and blames another person or thing for their feeling then they are taking away their own control and giving it over to something or someone else in order to then blame it.

Even still you are reverting to the government claiming that their requirement of lockdowns and promoting the vaccine is the cause of your feeling forced.

I don't know why you're upset with me just for breaking it down. What have I said that is wrong?

And the "mote in my eye" comment come on man really?
Oh, was I wrong?

I've already apologized dude and I'm gonna leave it at that this is going nowhere. You're clearly not seeing how one sided and biased the promotion of the vaccine is, and your stating that I still had a choice.
I know the difference between an empty and real apology. I apologize if you are unable to understand and feel differently, please forgive me for your shortcomings in that.

My choice was between not having a place to live plus a job to feed myself OR getting the vaccine.
Plain and simple. If you can't see that then I'm sorry.
Sorry, I can't see that. I especially can't see how the government is doing the forcing in that and I don't even see how your family can force you if you're the head of the family.

I honestly don't know what you want me to say? Do you want me to just agree with you and glorify the distribution of this vaccine and the fact that as you said in the OP that indoor businesses are requiring proof of vaccine in order to enter?
I don't want you to say anything in particular. But if you are going to complain about being "forced" then back it up with facts, OR admit that you're not being "forced" but rather are making choices in order to appease others because it's the easier option.

If you're going to tell me you have no faith in the vaccines but that you got one anyway then don't expect me (or others) to just accept that. I'm not the only one who noticed you said that and I'm not the only one who called you out on it. It rings hollow when you say you have no faith in something which your actions demonstrate a faith in.

Because here's a thought not everyone agrees with that statement or news report dude. And I'm one of them.
Great! Fantastic! Don't agree with me!

But if you're going to LOL at me every other post and give me doubletalk then I'll question it and point it out. If you're going to claim that the vaccine is "forced" and then provide examples that don't back that up, I'll point it out. If you're going to claim you have no faith in vaccine but that you got it then I'll point out that your actions make the statement that you DO have faith enough in the vaccine to get it.

What do you want from me? You want me to just say "Oh, OK, well if you feel forced then the government is obviously tyrannical and way out of line" or "wow, poor you, I can't believe your job is forcing you" or "wow, poor you, sorry your family is making you get a vaccine you have no faith in"? Or "oh, you're right, the vaccine is not good and is killing people and the only reason anyone gets it or even should get it is if FORCED by others to do so, otherwise everything positive you read about it is a lie dude, cuz I don't buy that media reporting stuff dude, and you should all think like mE! Lol!"

Say what you want, don't say what you want.... This is a discussion forum, and if you say something then someone may respond and may disagree and may point out what they think is inaccurate in what you said. If you don't like that, that's fine, but don't get mad at the person for discussin with you even if it's in disagreement.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That sounds just like what white people were saying about the blacks during Jim Crow. They were free to do what they wanted and go where they wanted, but faced being arrested or worse.
Yeah, it actually sounds nothing like what people said during Jim Crow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We all dislike the bad on Earth. But your posts focus on those. I focus on the good. The vaccines are not perfect, but they are very good. Why focus on the small negative part about vaccines when they are vastly more good than bad?

Which of your posts in this thread demonstrates your love for your life on earth in spite of how sin-filled the world is? All I have seen from you is that you can't wait to move from this world to heaven and you want the rapture ASAP and not a single mention of being grateful to live another day on earth to carry out the Lord's work and serve Him. If I'm wrong, feel free to point it out to me, where I missed any of that.

Rev 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can determine what you are focused on in your posts, I never said I can determine what you focus on in life simply from that. In your posts you are clearly focused on hoping for the rapture and not being grateful for the vaccines...again, if I missed where you were grateful to the Lord for the vaccines please show me.

The Rapture is something to be far more thankful for than a vaccine is. It just depends on whether a person is worldly-minded or earthly-minded which of these a person is more thankful for.

I'm extremely grateful to Him for providing these vaccines and for allowing me to get mine early on. How about you? Do you praise and thank the Lord for giving you the vaccine?

The pharmaceutical companies have CEOs and president and directors. It's possible some of them are referred to by their employees as "lord", but I'm not aware of any examples of that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You don't have to explain anything to me or anyone else. Nobody is forcing you to... I don't even see how your family can force you if you're the head of the family.
Lol there you go again saying I don't have to explain my situation and then assuming you know my situation. I am NOT in charge of the house my wife's parents are. I pay rent and have some say but they can just as easily kick me out and they said they want everyone in the house to be vaccinated months ago.

I'm done arguing I've made my point, I hope we can forgive each other for any wrongs we might have caused and move forward. I look forward to Heaven where everything will be revealed and there wont be any more debates or questions everything will be answered :)

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Where do you see that NYC did any of those things?

Another example of conservative outrage over things that never happened.

Literally the same response progressives have to mass child sex abuse, 'we saw nothing.'

Upvote 0