Vaccine mandates for indoor dining and theater are coming to New York City - Vox

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Too late, no need to hold your breath His Kingdom is already in Heaven. Can't do anything to stop what's already happened. As far as coming to Earth there's no stopping time, it keeps marching on, each second minute hour day week month year and so on. Eventually it will happen.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Been there, heard that, don't care.

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I used to lurk on the RaptureReady forums. A common theme was that the end of the world was coming "aaaaany day now".

That was a couple decades ago. Don't put any stock in those predictions.
Oh man rapture ready was a trip thier theology all boiled down to fire insurance

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it will and it does. Unless you can show me otherwise, why wouldn't I (and most people) believe that?

And again - unless you can show me otherwise, why wouldn't I (and most people) believe that?

...Said nobody ever

Well, obviously you trust it. You trust it enough to have gotten it. Why do you say something that is disproven by what you have done? It's like saying, "I don't trust public water to be safe but I use it to drink, cook, clean, and bathe every day." Obviously you trust it.

So the optional vaccine which is not a mark "reaks [sic] too much of the mark of the beast"??? How about Driver's Licenses? How about the papers and paperwork that are required of immigrants so that they're not "illegal"?? Do you object to those also? Passports??? Voter ID??? Which of those things do you also object to? Or is it selectively the vaccine due to political bias?

I'm well aware of what the mark of the beast is. I don't understand your point. Do you believe that you will be around for it? Do you believe that it is hard to figure out what it is? Do you believe that credit cards (smartphone apps that replace credit cards) aren't much more of a "mark of the beast" precursor than vaccines?

We have a pandemic that is deadly and we are lucky God has blessed us with a vaccine that has proven to be able to stop the pandemic.

But anyway, you know what I'm saying - you trust the vaccine so much that you got it yourself.
You sound like the people that say those in low income areas with bad water must be fine with it because they're obviously using it to bath and drink from, when in reality they are forced to as their only option. Did it ever occur to you that because of my job and living situation I was forced to get the vaccine? No obviously not.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I guess it's easy to want to look forward to heaven when you are tired of being on Earth where wwe live lives of serving the Lord. Or, at least that's what we're supposed to be doing, anyway...

As for me, I look forward to an eternity in paradise with the Lord, but I also am grateful to Him for putting me in a world with so much beauty and so much that is good - life is good. I also am burdened to serve Him by doing what I can to spread the Gospel as there are people who need to know the Gospel before there is a rapture and tribulation. I guess if I didn't care about that and if I was weary from being blessed in this earthly life I would probably spend much more time looking for the rapture and hoping for Christ's return to come soon even before more could be saved. But, I have gratitude each day and see the opportunities to serve each day and don't see a point in looking for a rapture of which no man knows the time anyway while I have the Lord's Work to do in the meantime.

But good luck with your rapture-watch, I hope you'll find less anxiety about the things that are scaring you until the rapture happens (if it even happens within your natural lifetime). I prefer to focus on those things that are good and carrying out the commission.
Your kind words do so well in carrying out your commission. As if hope in Heaven means I hate life on Earth. I actually just dislike the bad on Earth.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You sound like the people that say those in low income areas with bad water must be fine with it because they're obviously using it to bath and drink from, when in reality they are forced to as their only option.
Where is there such a place? Do you have an example? Flint, MI comes to mind but even there people are not forced to use the water - they have the option of buying their water elsewhere and these days they are or were being given bottled water. If they truly had no faith in the safety of their drinking water they wouldn't drink it - there are other options, nobody is forcing them to drink or use their tap water.

Did it ever occur to you that because of my job and living situation I was forced to get the vaccine? No obviously not.
No, it didn't occur to me because those things are choices you have made. No job can force you to do anything - you choose to agree tot he terms of the job or you find another job with more amenable terms. And you choose your living situation, plus I don't see how your living situation can "force" you to get a vaccine.

I have yet to hear of a single company that is forcing anyone to get the vaccine - even in NY where they are mandating vaccines they are allowing an option to existing employees to get tested every week in lieu of getting vaccinated. They SHOULD force them, but they're not.

You sound like the people who say "oh, this made me [happy/mad/sad/scared/etc.], I have no control over things, I am forced to do everything" when in fact such people have the freedom to make their own choices and aren't forced to do anything.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your kind words do so well in carrying out your commission. As if hope in Heaven means I hate life on Earth. I actually just dislike the bad on Earth.
We all dislike the bad on Earth. But your posts focus on those. I focus on the good. The vaccines are not perfect, but they are very good. Why focus on the small negative part about vaccines when they are vastly more good than bad?

Which of your posts in this thread demonstrates your love for your life on earth in spite of how sin-filled the world is? All I have seen from you is that you can't wait to move from this world to heaven and you want the rapture ASAP and not a single mention of being grateful to live another day on earth to carry out the Lord's work and serve Him. If I'm wrong, feel free to point it out to me, where I missed any of that.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
We all dislike the bad on Earth. But your posts focus on those. I focus on the good. The vaccines are not perfect, but they are very good. Why focus on the small negative part about vaccines when they are vastly more good than bad?

Which of your posts in this thread demonstrates your love for your life on earth in spite of how sin-filled the world is? All I have seen from you is that you can't wait to move from this world to heaven and you want the rapture ASAP and not a single mention of being grateful to live another day on earth to carry out the Lord's work and serve Him. If I'm wrong, feel free to point it out to me, where I missed any of that.
Please don't claim I am somehow ungrateful to live on Earth. Also this post is specifically about the vaccine being forced on people, so that's what I spoke about.

I hope I don't have to remind you of when Jesus said "do not judge or you too will be judged."

I actually do focus on the positive it's how I get through life. You think based on a few posts of mine you can determine what I focus on in life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
All I have seen from you is that you can't wait to move from this world to heaven and you want the rapture
Paul wrote "I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;"

Would you also criticize Paul for speaking in this way? Why is it so wrong to look forward to Heaven? Or why are you upset that I say the Earth has bad in it? Can I not say I dislike the vaccine or the way those who refuse to get it are treated? Whether you choose to see it or not my frustration lies specifically around the topic of the vaccine (which is what this post is about) and not at all saying because I dislike it or the evil in this world that I hate my life on Earth or am constantly thinking negatively. To say so based on a thread in a Christian forum would be a huge assumption that is not true. I expressed my frustration with the vaccine and you are expressing your frustration with me. Why is that? Are you the vaccine that you should be offended?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
No, it didn't occur to me because those things are choices you have made. No job can force you to do anything - you choose to agree tot he terms of the job or you find another job...

They SHOULD force them, but they're not.
You're right, I do have a choice, the choice is simple keep your job and feed yourself which requires vaccination or find another job (if any are hiring).

Just based on your quote about how people SHOULD be forced I can already tell you're 100% backing the OP.

I'll just leave this picture here for you to see:
D43F8E43-A2CF-479F-8FD0-B9C730188DA4.jpeg

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
FYI, it's lot easier and more forum friendly to just link to articles rather than posting giant screengrabs.
lol so the method I used to post a picture is unfriendly?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
lol so the method I used to post a picture is unfriendly?

Posting pictures of headlines is not, no.

It's much easier to just link to the article in question. This way if anyone wants to actually read it for context (especially in this modern age of clickbait headlines), they can more easily do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please don't claim I am somehow ungrateful to live on Earth. Also this post is specifically about the vaccine being forced on people, so that's what I spoke about.
That's not my claim, I'm just pointing out what you yourself have said. I'm not seeing anything positive in your posts - that's just a statement of fact.

From what I saw, you wanted to start an entire thread dedicated entirely to what you look forward to in heaven, so it tells me a lot about where your mind is regarding matters of God's Kingdom on earth. Where did I miss your post that praised and thanked God? Sorry I missed it if I did.

I hope I don't have to remind you of when Jesus said "do not judge or you too will be judged."
Like telling someone "Your kind words do so well in carrying out your commission." Thanks for the "reminder".

I actually do focus on the positive it's how I get through life. You think based on a few posts of mine you can determine what I focus on in life?
I can determine what you are focused on in your posts, I never said I can determine what you focus on in life simply from that. In your posts you are clearly focused on hoping for the rapture and not being grateful for the vaccines...again, if I missed where you were grateful to the Lord for the vaccines please show me.

I'm extremely grateful to Him for providing these vaccines and for allowing me to get mine early on. How about you? Do you praise and thank the Lord for giving you the vaccine?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟392,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I'm extremely grateful to Him for providing these vaccines and for allowing me to get mine early on. How about you? Do you praise and thank the Lord for giving you the vaccine?
I don't subscribe to the idea that God gave us the Covid vaccine lol

And I see that you wrote the OP, missed your name sorry.

I'm sorry you think I'm ungrateful for the life I have on Earth, that's simply wrong and untrue, and the last thing I'll say is if someone promised something as awesome as Heaven why is it wrong to look forward to that?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If our Nation saw fit to ramp up production on these mRNA vaccines and bought up hundreds of millions of doses why does it surprise anybody that the Government would be “pushing” the vaccines?

They moved Heaven and earth to get us these vaccines but are only supposed to say, “The vaccines are here, but only if you really want them?”
Yes.

Upvote 0