Vaccine mandates for indoor dining and theater are coming to New York City - Vox

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we could probably do it by private message, but I'm pretty far past my bedtime. I normally go to bed about 2 hours ago. I'll be here sometime tomorrow though.
Alright then I'll let you go to bed for sure, I might start a thread or do pm we'll see. Night man good talk have a good night and may Jesus give you good refreshing sleep to tackle the day tomorrow

• Friendly
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
That's not Revelation, you're referring to one of verses in one of the epistles by Paul, and it doesn't refer to what is commonly called "the Rapture".

Premillenialism is a doctrine that came out of Northern Ireland in the 19th century and became part of British fundamentalism, and then American fundamentalism. Most Protestants were historically amilleialists.
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

I don't know man seems so simple a verse how could you misinterpret this to mean anything other than what is described as the rapture?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A little late, considering that the Delta variant is transmissible in the vaccinated... but only time will tell for sure.
Agree, But sadly people lack braincells to get this.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Too late, no need to hold your breath His Kingdom is already in Heaven. Can't do anything to stop what's already happened. As far as coming to Earth there's no stopping time, it keeps marching on, each second minute hour day week month year and so on. Eventually it will happen.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
But…what if it isn’t the end times and just a run-of-the-mill pandemic?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
But…what if it isn’t the end times and just a run-of-the-mill pandemic?
Every time is the end times if it's the end of time

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,438.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, that was interesting.

We've had people who don't trust the vaccination but got it anyway (that's like believing that the used car dealer is a lying, two faced no-good piece of dirt but 'Yeah, I'll take the Toyota for whatever price you think it's worth).

At some point there will be a 'new world leader' (what happened to the old one?) and vaccines will then contain his mark to show allegiance. The good news is that those who get vaccinated will survive the next panemic - but the bad news is that they will go to hell. And then this new government will hunt down Christians who are living in the woods.

Oh, and New Yorkers are facists who love mid 20th century European dictators (do you know how many Jewish people live in New York?) Not forgetting that nursing homes have been turned into extermination camps when no-one was looking. There's one across the road from me. I was wondering about the funny smell. I thought it was the drains.

This world leader business confuses me no end. Americans politics are split so far down the middle that some of them won't even accept genuine election results when the other guy gets elected, so what chance is there that they'll all accept one person? Especially if he/she is not American. Hands up anyone who knows a country more naiive about world politics.

I can't wait for tommorow's installment!

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure you are free not to get vaccinated but good luck obtaining a job or ever going anywhere.

But if you do take the vaccine and something terrible happens to you for doing so or even dying, good luck finding anyone who cares.
Oh really? What are the numbers of people dying from the vaccine???

Yes, you are free to not get the vaccine. You are free to have your face completely tattooed. You are free to show up to interviews in a bathing suit. You are free to post videos of yourself rioting and destroying the capitol during the insurrection. You are free to drive drunk. But you also bear the consequences of these behaviors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Well, that was interesting.

We've had people who don't trust the vaccination but got it anyway (that's like believing that the used car dealer is a lying, two faced no-good piece of dirt but 'Yeah, I'll take the Toyota for whatever price you think it's worth).

At some point there will be a 'new world leader' (what happened to the old one?) and vaccines will then contain his mark to show allegiance. The good news is that those who get vaccinated will survive the next panemic - but the bad news is that they will go to hell. And then this new government will hunt down Christians who are living in the woods.

Oh, and New Yorkers are facists who love mid 20th century European dictators (do you know how many Jewish people live in New York?) Not forgetting that nursing homes have been turned into extermination camps when no-one was looking. There's one across the road from me. I was wondering about the funny smell. I thought it was the drains.

This world leader business confuses me no end. Americans politics are split so far down the middle that some of them won't even accept genuine election results when the other guy gets elected, so what chance is there that they'll all accept one person? Especially if he/she is not American. Hands up anyone who knows a country more naiive about world politics.

I can't wait for tommorow's installment!
Wow the passive aggressiveness knows no ends, nor does the ability to take out of context what people are posting and quickly condemn people who have been vaccinated either.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah the strong opinion that somehow being vaccinated will solve problems
Well, it will and it does. Unless you can show me otherwise, why wouldn't I (and most people) believe that?

and that those who do not get vaccinated are conspiracy theorizing conservatives that don't know what they're talking about and voted for trump.
And again - unless you can show me otherwise, why wouldn't I (and most people) believe that?

"Ah vaccines are here, we must ALL HAVE THEM and think the way I do. WE NEED MORE FORCEFUL LAWS SUCH AS THIS ONE: *insert link here
...Said nobody ever

I'll be honest, I'm vaccinated, but I do not trust something the government feels the need to force others to have in order to live.
Well, obviously you trust it. You trust it enough to have gotten it. Why do you say something that is disproven by what you have done? It's like saying, "I don't trust public water to be safe but I use it to drink, cook, clean, and bathe every day." Obviously you trust it.

It reaks too much of the mark of the beast, while not actually being the mark
So the optional vaccine which is not a mark "reaks [sic] too much of the mark of the beast"??? How about Driver's Licenses? How about the papers and paperwork that are required of immigrants so that they're not "illegal"?? Do you object to those also? Passports??? Voter ID??? Which of those things do you also object to? Or is it selectively the vaccine due to political bias?

it looks like a path where eventually the government will force people to have a mark or chip in order to function and live and those that don't have one will not be allowed to buy or sell. It's all in Revelation give it a read if you want.
I'm well aware of what the mark of the beast is. I don't understand your point. Do you believe that you will be around for it? Do you believe that it is hard to figure out what it is? Do you believe that credit cards (smartphone apps that replace credit cards) aren't much more of a "mark of the beast" precursor than vaccines?

We have a pandemic that is deadly and we are lucky God has blessed us with a vaccine that has proven to be able to stop the pandemic.

But anyway, you know what I'm saying - you trust the vaccine so much that you got it yourself.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whatever the government can do to try and cause pent-up people to start snapping so then they can introduce a new world leader that everyone will be drooling over that doesn't know Christ
And you believe that you can stop this from happening by resisting the vaccine??? Not sure what your connection is here to the anti-Christ.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow the passive aggressiveness knows no ends, nor does the ability to take out of context what people are posting and quickly condemn people who have been vaccinated either.
Indeed!!!! (as evidenced by your posts)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank God man appreciate the scripture I was honestly taking months to even get the vaccine.
What took so long? No faith in it and then you developed faith in it?

I really hope the rapture is before hand cause I really don't want to be around for things to get worse than they are now. To be honest I randomly think about having to survive in the wild while the government hunts Christians down. If the rapture happens first I pray Jesus has Mercy and I and you and all our brothers and sisters in Christ are not left behind.
So you worry and fret over being cared for by the Lord even though He has promised this in His Word? I'm sorry to hear that.

I have faith in the Lord when He tells me in hundreds of verses in His Word to not have anxiety about that. For example...
Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. ...

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Matthew 6:27
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

If you want more, just let me know, I can provide them - God's Word has hundreds of verses about this because it's that important.

I'm sorry to hear you're worried about what will happen to you, having to "live in the wild", being hunted, etc. because God has promised to take that anxiety from you yet you're holding onto it for yourself. Not sure what you gain from that but I hope you'll heed His Word about it.

But what would I know? I'm just some crazy vaccine-worshiping fool who can't recognize all the marks of the beast and I have no concept of the anti-Christ, Beast (note - two separate entities), mark of the beast, rapture, tribulation, etc. since I am advocating that people get the vaccine to stop the Covid pandemic. what would I know?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen brother (or sister, either way) I could go on a completely different tangent of all the things i look forward to in Heaven. Want to meet in a different thread and talk about it? (only if you can not sure what your time looks like but i got like an hour before bed)
I guess it's easy to want to look forward to heaven when you are tired of being on Earth where wwe live lives of serving the Lord. Or, at least that's what we're supposed to be doing, anyway...

As for me, I look forward to an eternity in paradise with the Lord, but I also am grateful to Him for putting me in a world with so much beauty and so much that is good - life is good. I also am burdened to serve Him by doing what I can to spread the Gospel as there are people who need to know the Gospel before there is a rapture and tribulation. I guess if I didn't care about that and if I was weary from being blessed in this earthly life I would probably spend much more time looking for the rapture and hoping for Christ's return to come soon even before more could be saved. But, I have gratitude each day and see the opportunities to serve each day and don't see a point in looking for a rapture of which no man knows the time anyway while I have the Lord's Work to do in the meantime.

But good luck with your rapture-watch, I hope you'll find less anxiety about the things that are scaring you until the rapture happens (if it even happens within your natural lifetime). I prefer to focus on those things that are good and carrying out the commission.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean shoving old people into nursing homes turned extermination camps? Yeah, talk about good policy -so good that clearly it shouldn't be investigated.

It's amusing how folks on your side only care about covid deaths when they come at the hands of policies from misguided Democrats. Otherwise, it's "99% survival rate!!!!" and "mah rights!!!".

lol... The least you guys could do is be a bit less transparent.

Nobody in a liberal democracy is going to be hunting Christians down. Frankly, it's not worth the bother.

Between the mask resistance and the affinity for Sunday afternoon all-you-can-eat buffets, we seem to be doing a good job of thinning out the herd on our own.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, thank you NYC for being the first to openly declare itself a fascist, Hitler-loving hellhole.
Where do you see that NYC did any of those things?

Another example of conservative outrage over things that never happened.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Looking at the direction things are going (and getting there at an accelerated rate), the time will come sooner than many would like.

I used to lurk on the RaptureReady forums. A common theme was that the end of the world was coming "aaaaany day now".

That was a couple decades ago. Don't put any stock in those predictions.

Upvote 0