Vaccine mandates for indoor dining and theater are coming to New York City - Vox

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
wait @Aldebaran, I have the vaccine, so are you saying I have the mark and it's too late for me??

No, not at all. Things like this are more like "setting the stage" for the mark, or creating things that could be used in that way. The Mark will be something you'd know when you were getting it, since it would be required at that time for buying and selling, and would also include some way of showing allegiance for the world leader.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
No, not at all. Things like this are more like "setting the stage" for the mark, or creating things that could be used in that way. The Mark will be something you'd know when you were getting it, since it would be required at that time for buying and selling, and would also include some way of showing allegiance for the world leader.
I was really hesitant to get the vaccine and I prayed a lot about it. Do you think Jesus would allow people to get the mark unknowingly? Like would that be fair if a child thought he was getting a shot but really was getting the mark of the beast? dooming him and all who get it to hell?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was really hesitant to get the vaccine and I prayed a lot about it. Do you think Jesus would allow people to get the mark unknowingly? Like would that be fair if a child thought he was getting a shot but really was getting the mark of the beast? dooming him and all who get it to hell?

Not a chance. What we're told in Revelation about the mark is that it's something people would get by choice. Here's what is said in Revelation about it:

"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

That's from Revelation 13:16-18.

Many people believe that there will be a rapture that will remove all believers from the earth before this point, which is why it says ALL people would be forced to get it. So you and me might not even be here to make the choice.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Not a chance. What we're told in Revelation about the mark is that it's something people would get by choice. Here's what is said in Revelation about it:

"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

That's from Revelation 13:16-18.

Many people believe that there will be a rapture that will remove all believers from the earth before this point, which is why it says ALL people would be forced to get it. So you and me might not even be here to make the choice.
Thank God man appreciate the scripture I was honestly taking months to even get the vaccine. I really hope the rapture is before hand cause I really don't want to be around for things to get worse than they are now. To be honest I randomly think about having to survive in the wild while the government hunts Christians down. If the rapture happens first I pray Jesus has Mercy and I and you and all our brothers and sisters in Christ are not left behind.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank God man appreciate the scripture I was honestly taking months to even get the vaccine. I really hope the rapture is before hand cause I really don't want to be around for things to get worse than they are now. To be honest I randomly think about having to survive in the wild while the government hunts Christians down.

Nobody in a liberal democracy is going to be hunting Christians down. Frankly, it's not worth the bother.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank God man appreciate the scripture I was honestly taking months to even get the vaccine. I really hope the rapture is before hand cause I really don't want to be around for things to get worse than they are now. To be honest I randomly think about having to survive in the wild while the government hunts Christians down. If the rapture happens first I pray Jesus has Mercy and I and you and all our brothers and sisters in Christ are not left behind.

I've had those same kind of fears too. Whenever I hear about how cash would be eliminated in favor of digital currency, it reminds me of how they're setting the stage for the mark too. There are still quite a few people who aren't even believers who aren't comfortable with the idea. It eliminates financial privacy.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I've had those same kind of fears too. Whenever I hear about how cash would be eliminated in favor of digital currency, it reminds me of how they're setting the stage for the mark too. There are still quite a few people who aren't even believers who aren't comfortable with the idea. It eliminates financial privacy.
Well I have two hopes, but I'm not God, but my hopes are these: That things settle out, people stop believing the news, grow tired of the constant lockdowns etc and that covid after the vaccines is a thing of the past. Then things are good until I grow old and meet Jesus in Heaven before the end. The second is that if things get worse that I get raptured along with my family before the mark and things get really bad.

The reality is I don't know the future all I know is that I need to stay close to Jesus and be alert without worrying. I know that Jesus is with His children always so because of this I am not worried.

Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I have two hopes, but I'm not God, but my hopes are these: That things settle out, people stop believing the news, grow tired of the constant lockdowns etc and that covid after the vaccines is a thing of the past. Then things are good until I grow old and meet Jesus in Heaven before the end. The second is that if things get worse that I get raptured along with my family before the mark and things get really bad.

The reality is I don't know the future all I know is that I need to stay close to Jesus and be alert without worrying. I know that Jesus is with His children always so because of this I am not worried.

It sounds like you're in a good place! I hope I didn't put any worry into you by talking about this "Mark" stuff. Frankly, I worried about that since I was a teenager, which was decades ago. I drove my bible study teacher crazy with all the questions I had about it. He was a computer expert and knew a lot about how technology was progressing to where things in the bible (end times events) could easily happen, especially in the age of the internet and satellites. I'm amazed that it all still hasn't happened yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Nobody in a liberal democracy is going to be hunting Christians down. Frankly, it's not worth the bother.
I mean don't you believe that the world will be hunting Christians that aren't obedient to the government?

My first question should have been are you a Christian and believe that Revelation will take place?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I mean don't you believe that the world will be hunting Christians that aren't obedient to the government?

No

My first question should have been are you a Christian and believe that Revelation will take place?

I was raised to be a Christian (Methodist). We weren't millenialists and didn't believe in the Rapture.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like you're in a good place! I hope I didn't put any worry into you by talking about this "Mark" stuff. Frankly, I worried about that since I was a teenager, which was decades ago. I drove my bible study teacher crazy with all the questions I had about it. He was a computer expert and knew a lot about how technology was progressing to where things in the bible (end times events) could easily happen, especially in the age of the internet and satellites. I'm amazed that it all still hasn't happened yet.
Honestly you haven't driven me crazy. Back in college I started to hear things and see things and believed it was the end of the world. Fast forward 10 years later I have a steady job take meds and have discerned what is from The Holy Spirit and what is from the enemy and what is my own thoughts. I have already been through my panic stages thinking it was the end now I just have my go bag and am prepared if need be. But with everything unfolding in the past two years I feel like I'm watching a movie of the end times.

Don't feel bad man I only had a brief moment where I thought it was too late for me, but I believe Jesus handles every individual case by case and I feel safe in Jesus's mercy. Im not preaching anything against scripture but I believe like you do that the mark will be something people know they are getting.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
No

I was raised to be a Christian (Methodist). We weren't millenialists and didn't believe in the Rapture.
What about when Jesus says "two will be in the field, one will be taken and the other will be left behind"?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
What about when Jesus says "two will be in the field, one will be taken and the other will be left behind"?

That's a common misunderstanding. It's not referring to the Rapture, but the removal of evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Honestly you haven't driven me crazy. Back in college I started to hear things and see things and believed it was the end of the world. Fast forward 10 years later I have a steady job take meds and have discerned what is from The Holy Spirit and what is from the enemy and what is my own thoughts. I have already been through my panic stages thinking it was the end now I just have my go bag and am prepared if need be. But with everything unfolding in the past two years I feel like I'm watching a movie of the end times.

Don't feel bad man I only had a brief moment where I thought it was too late for me, but I believe Jesus handles every individual case by case and I feel safe in Jesus's mercy. Im not preaching anything against scripture but I believe like you do that the mark will be something people know they are getting.

I think that people will not only know what they're getting, but will even be celebrating it. There's a New Age belief that the earth is going to enter a "new age" of enlightenment (or whatever they call it), and those who aren't ready or qualified to pass into the next age will be removed from the earth. Sound familiar? It shows that even those who don't believe in God and Jesus Christ believe in the rapture, but a distorted version of it. After all of us "unenlightened" people are taken from the earth, they'll be celebrating their next stage of existence in their new world order by gleefully getting their Mark that will identify them with their "savior" (the world leader who would be the antichrist).

You and me will have something far better to celebrate. :)

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
That's a common misunderstanding. It's not referring to the Rapture, but the removal of evil.
So you believe in some sort of reverse rapture? But what about revelation talking about people meeting of every nationality in the sky to meet Christ?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I think that people will not only know what they're getting, but will even be celebrating it. There's a New Age belief that the earth is going to enter a "new age" of enlightenment (or whatever they call it), and those who aren't ready or qualified to pass into the next age will be removed from the earth. Sound familiar? It shows that even those who don't believe in God and Jesus Christ believe in the rapture, but a distorted version of it. After all of us "unenlightened" people are taken from the earth, they'll be celebrating their next stage of existence in their new world order by gleefully getting their Mark that will identify them with their "savior" (the world leader who would be the antichrist).

You and me will have something far better to celebrate. :)
Amen brother (or sister, either way) I could go on a completely different tangent of all the things i look forward to in Heaven. Want to meet in a different thread and talk about it? (only if you can not sure what your time looks like but i got like an hour before bed)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Amen brother (or sister, either way) I could go on a completely different tangent of all the things i look forward to in Heaven. Want to meet in a different thread and talk about it? (only if you can not sure what your time looks like but i got like an hour before bed)

Well, we could probably do it by private message, but I'm pretty far past my bedtime. I normally go to bed about 2 hours ago. I'll be here sometime tomorrow though.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
So you believe in some sort of reverse rapture? But what about revelation talking about people meeting of every nationality in the sky to meet Christ?

That's not Revelation, you're referring to one of verses in one of the epistles by Paul, and it doesn't refer to what is commonly called "the Rapture".

Premillenialism is a doctrine that came out of Northern Ireland in the 19th century and became part of British fundamentalism, and then American fundamentalism. Most Protestants were historically amilleialists.

Upvote 0