Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am posting this in the controversial forum to allow for controversial answers to the question.

There is some banter on television right now over the State of New York passing, or contemplating passing, a law banning unvaccinated children from public places. This raises the spectre of childhood vaccinations and a "religious exemption" for parents whose religion prohibits them from vaccinating their children.

This leads me to ask "what on earth religious exemption does a person have for refusing to vaccinate their children"?

Do you have one? Do you claim one? Do you know of one? Is there one?

Reactions: JustRachel

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am posting this in the controversial forum to allow for controversial answers to the question.

There is some banter on television right now over the State of New York passing, or contemplating passing, a law banning unvaccinated children from public places. This raises the spectre of childhood vaccinations and a "religious exemption" for parents whose religion prohibits them from vaccinating their children.

This leads me to ask "what on earth religious exemption does a person have for refusing to vaccinate their children"?

The Religious Groups who follow Christ do not require vaccinations and actually forbid them knowledgeably and purposefully in the Wisdom God Gives.

This is not popular, obviously
but remember it is written : WOE (judgment) to those who are popular... (paraphrased)
and
as written : God Calls what men hold in esteem an abomination - what men think is good, God calls horrible.
and
as written: God Calls the WISDOM OF MEN folly (because it leads souls away from Christ, "instead of Christ" - away from truth and from seeking truth)...
and
as written: "My people PERISH for lack of (true) knowledge" -

no one who seeks God's Kingdom and who reads the true story/ history/ results of 'giving in' to man's ways
gets most of the shots, and usually not any of them, as they are not needed for health.

God's Way of health , simple and natural and proven for 6000 years, is best.

This should be obvious, and is to those enlightened, but because
the
Lie is published as the truth, and because
the truth is called a lie,

most people never find out. (i.e. cannot go by voting nor by popular opinion which is against God's Way).

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We believe it would be unethical to harm our children by vaccinating them. It would at least violate our conscience if the state compelled us to do so.

Well I have to ask what the greater harm is. The insignificant risk of a reaction to the vaccination or the vastly greater risk of dying or being permanently harmed by a preventable disease?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well I have to ask what the greater harm is. The insignificant risk of a reaction to the vaccination or the vastly greater risk of dying or being permanently harmed by a preventable disease?
So there is the 'reasoning' of the world? As stated by those promoting what is harmful , as if it was helpful ?

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

These risks should be weighed by the families and not by the state.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

It probably is the right of parents to refuse to vaccinate their children, but it is not their right to infect other people as a result.

Just as we restrict speeds on highways for safety reasons and prohibit the adulteration of food that is served in restaurants, it is entirely appropriate to require that, for example, unvaccinated children be home schooled.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Religious Groups who follow Christ do not require vaccinations and actually forbid them knowledgeably and purposefully in the Wisdom God Gives.

This is not popular, obviously
but remember it is written : WOE (judgment) to those who are popular... (paraphrased)
and
as written : God Calls what men hold in esteem an abomination - what men think is good, God calls horrible.
and
as written: God Calls the WISDOM OF MEN folly (because it leads souls away from Christ, "instead of Christ" - away from truth and from seeking truth)...
and
as written: "My people PERISH for lack of (true) knowledge" -

no one who seeks God's Kingdom and who reads the true story/ history/ results of 'giving in' to man's ways
gets most of the shots, and usually not any of them, as they are not needed for health.

God's Way of health , simple and natural and proven for 6000 years, is best.

This should be obvious, and is to those enlightened, but because
the
Lie is published as the truth, and because
the truth is called a lie,

most people never find out. (i.e. cannot go by voting nor by popular opinion which is against God's Way).

Forgive me for being blunt, but your application of scripture to this particular issue borders on ludicrous. It is as much to say that Christians should not wear seat belts or that we should not allow our sons to wear pads and helmets when they play football.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It probably is the right of parents to refuse to vaccinate their children, but it is not their right to infect other people as a result.

Just as we restrict speeds on highways for safety reasons and prohibit the adulteration of food that is served in restaurants, it is entirely appropriate to require that, for example, unvaccinated children be home schooled.

Yeah I'm fine with that. We homeschool anyway, as I would imagine that most people who don't vaccinate do.

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...a law banning unvaccinated children from public places.

There aren't many ways to identify the vaccinated from the un-vaccinated. I shudder to think how they expect to enforce this one.

I'm in favor of vaccinations, generally, but I don't think anyone should feel obligated by secular government to do any such thing to their bodies. Each person has a choice to make.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is enough information available since around 1902 if people are to seek for it,
showing
the most important information is usually hidden today, and a lot is falsified (and was admitted by those in power, sometimes).

The great amount of false information published as truth creates a dangerous situation for everyone.

The truth about preventing disease and such is findable for those seeking it in some countries, maybe not all countries.

The truth that medicine is rising fast as the main cause of disease is published in the untied states BY THE AMA AND FDA !!!!!!!!!!!

(look up cause of death in the AMA and FDA sites!!!!!!!)

btw, the fortune 500 companies REJECT LAWS MAKING MANDATORY shots - for good reason. They have access to much more information and resources than anyone here can even dream of.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Forgive me for being blunt, but your application of scripture to this particular issue borders on ludicrous. It is as much to say that Christians should not wear seat belts or that we should not allow our sons to wear pads and helmets when they play football.

Seatbelts and helmets aren't injecting foreign genetic code and adjuvants into your body on the hope of promoting an immune response, and ultimately, resistance to the foreign code itself.

It takes a lot of faith to trust a human to inject you with some foreign genetic code, and believe that it will help (as opposed to the "placebo" of healthy living.)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Consider what kind of a society we would have if every optional act that endangered the health or safety of other people were permitted so long as the perpetrators took the position that "It seems okay to me!"

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

That's looking to me like the way to hold to and seem to defend the party line (herd thinking).

The truth will not change, none-the-less. It is still findable by God's Promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Consider what kind of a society we would have if every optional act that endangered the health or safety of other people were permitted so long as the perpetrators took the position that "It seems okay to me!"

I don't think that's what non-vaxers are arguing. "Scientific consensus" has a way of getting imposed on the public. A majority of scientists accept full blown darwinian evolution. A majority of scientists may accept the benefits of vaccination. But then these conclusions are imposed upon the public. Darwinian evolution is the only thing taught in public school biology classes. And now we must accept the dictates of the government when it tells us to vaccinate our children.

But there are scientists in the minority who challenge these conclusions on scientific grounds. Why don't we have the freedom to do our own research and make our own educated decisions?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Seatbelts and helmets aren't injecting foreign genetic code and adjuvants into your body on the hope of promoting an immune response, and ultimately, resistance to the foreign code itself.

It takes a lot of faith to trust a human to inject you with some foreign genetic code, and believe that it will help (as opposed to the "placebo" of healthy living.)

THe sellers / profiteers/ pharmakeia(see in Bible - Revelation 18)
tells
people daily that their products are safe.

The fortune 500, enlightened, and even the ama and fda disagrees !!!!

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then why the complaining by parents who do not want to vaccinate their children? Just keep them at home.

I couldn't speak for them. I'm not complaining about anything because I don't have any governing body telling me to vaccinate my children.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seatbelts and helmets aren't injecting foreign genetic code and adjudavents into your body on the hope of promoting an immune response, and ultimately, resistance to the foreign code itself.

I've been vaccinated "full boat" about a half dozen times and have never been harmed by the vaccinations. My son was born not long after 9/11 and along with the standard vaccinations I asked for him to have a smallpox vaccine as well. The doctor said the smallpox vaccine was no longer available.

He has never suffered from any disease he was vaccinated against. Though I do worry about another terrorist attack using smallpox as a weapon.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.