Vaccinated for Covid? (continued)

Have you been vaccinated with at least one dose of the Covid vaccines?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been vaccinated with at least one dose of the Covid vaccines? If yes, indicate your age group, when you were vaccinated and your general experience (process, symptoms, etc.)

Note: Please no off topic post. The first thread was closed due to off topic posts.

Results from the 1st thread as of 14 April 2021 (when it was closed)
Vaccinated for Covid?
upload_2021-4-14_13-17-28.png

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you been vaccinated with at least one dose of the Covid vaccines? If yes, indicate your age group, when you were vaccinated and your general experience (process, symptoms, etc.)

Note: Please no off topic post. The first thread was closed due to off topic posts.

Results from the 1st thread as of 14 April 2021 (when it was closed)
Vaccinated for Covid?
View attachment 297743

I am 77 and have received both shots of the Moderna vaccine. The first shot was in February, the second in March. Aside from some easily-tolerable arm and back pain there were no other side effects.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm late 60s, received my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine on February 26.

The shot itself was painless--barely noticed the needle going in because the gauge was so small.

Had slight soreness the same evening at the site of the injections. It was gone by the next day, and I suffered no other symptoms from either shot.

My wife, in the same age category, took the same shots at the same time. We were slightly concerned because she does suffer severe shellfish allergy--contact with shellfish causes her immediate anaphylactic shock. But she had no symptoms either beyond soreness the same evening at the site of the injections. Less soreness, in fact, than from her recent scales shot a few days ago.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
33, got first dose yesterday, site is still a bit sore, but almost not noticeable (like the shot, which the person giving it seemed pretty experienced, even if technically it's just a shot in a muscle, iirc, not as precise as drawing blood or such).

I'll be fortunate if that's most of what I get for the second one, but I feel like it'll be at least a headache, had one when I got a flu shot a month or so ago, but I'm happy that the accessibility has improved from the initial idea that would've had people in my age category getting it in the summer or so.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm 43, and have been vaccinated with my 1st dose of Pfizer, and will be receiving my second dose on Friday April 23.

I experienced very mild symptoms, which I can only describe as mental cloudiness. This lasted about 2 to 3 hours.

...The next day, I felt smarter and better, and I thought I was able to smell and taste like better than ever - not sure if anyone else experienced these extrasensory benefits, or if it's just me.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
33, got first dose yesterday, site is still a bit sore, but almost not noticeable (like the shot, which the person giving it seemed pretty experienced, even if technically it's just a shot in a muscle, iirc, not as precise as drawing blood or such).

I'll be fortunate if that's most of what I get for the second one, but I feel like it'll be at least a headache, had one when I got a flu shot a month or so ago, but I'm happy that the accessibility has improved from the initial idea that would've had people in my age category getting it in the summer or so.

Do you feel any extras-ensory benefits? Like a state of calmness, greater ability to concentrate, or the ability to smell better?

I ask, because one other person I know suggested this, when I had never revealed to anyone that I had noticed it myself beforehand.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Do you feel any extras-ensory benefits? Like a state of calmness, greater ability to concentrate, or the ability to smell better?

I ask, because one other person I know suggested this, when I had never revealed to anyone that I had noticed it myself beforehand.
Not really, but I've only been considering I've been dealing with on and off depression as a possibility for my executive dysfunction, which might also be ADHD. And if both of those are true, oh boy, the "fun" to be had with that diagnosis lingering for any job applications as regards accommodations

• Friendly
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I received the 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday, 8 am. Yesterday I was fine. I woke up this morning 3:30 with a chill and some body aches, but not bad. I took some acetaminophen before bed, which probably helped.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One point that we can either be happy about or sad about: If people have a stronger reaction to the vaccine, it's because they have a more vigorous immune system.

After my wife's 2nd Moderna dose, she only had a headache. After my 2nd Pfizer dose on Thursday, I developed a mild fever the day after that lasted about 12 hours and a headache this morning. Now she's concerned her immune system isn't where it should be.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One point that we can either be happy about or sad about: If people have a stronger reaction to the vaccine, it's because they have a more vigorous immune system.

Thats...not how any of it works.

Had my first az shot 7 days ago, no symptoms except a sore arm for a few days. Followup in 11 weeks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats...not how any of it works.

Seems to be.

The cells that cause inflammation in your arm after the vaccine also send signals that tell your body to create antibodies against the spike protein. This process can cause inflammation in other parts of the body, leading to headache, fatigue, and fever after the first vaccine shot for some people.

When it comes time for the second shot, your body already has some antibodies and some cells that “remember” the spike protein from the first dose. When those cells see it again, they recognize it and launch a stronger response very quickly. This response causes widespread inflammation that can lead to flu-like symptoms. The good news is that this process also creates many more antibodies, which help protect you in the future.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seems to be.

It isn't. The "vigrourousness" of your immune response could just as easily be an overreaction causing disease and damage. The level of your side effects has no bearing on your response to the vaccine.

As for the article you posted, the key word is "can". Not "will" not "is a clear sign of efficacy", just "can".

The last sentence is separated from the one before.
"This response causes widespread inflammation that can lead to flu-like symptoms."

The good news is that this process [the triggering of the memory B cells] also creates many more antibodies, which help protect you in the future.

It doesn't correlate with how sick you feel. The second shot boosts Ab production regardless of side effect.

• Informative
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It isn't. The "vigrourousness" of your immune response could just as easily be an overreaction causing disease and damage. The level of your side effects has no bearing on your response to the vaccine.

As for the article you posted, the key word is "can". Not "will" not "is a clear sign of efficacy", just "can".

The last sentence is separated from the one before.
"This response causes widespread inflammation that can lead to flu-like symptoms."

The good news is that this process [the triggering of the memory B cells] also creates many more antibodies, which help protect you in the future.

It doesn't correlate with how sick you feel. The second shot boosts Ab production regardless of side effect.

Well, I hope so, because I suffered no side effects beyond a shoulder that was mildly sore a few hours after the injection.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I hope so, because I suffered no side effects beyond a shoulder that was mildly sore a few hours after the injection.

Me too. However as an anecdote, I (accidentally) injected my self with concentrated flavivirus a few decades ago. I suffered no effects whatsoever, but I was so seropositive (high Ab level) for the virus they used my blood as the positive control in experiments.

Upvote 0