Vaccinated are 13 times more likely to get covid than those with naturally acquired immunity

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As I’m sure you know, there are lots of questions about distribution of cases among vaccinated people. One of our experts suggested that there are a couple of different possible modeIs. I suspect one that says vaccination lowers the chance of infection for each exposure. But with enough exposure, you still get it. College campuses seem like pretty much a worst case for spread of Covid, without precautions. (Well, prisons are probably worse.)

For the general population of NJ, where most people are wearing masks snd being careful, you see the real effectiveness. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks, as our colleges start.

Duke also seems to have tested most of their population. So comparison with general US or State numbers is a bit hard to make, since asymptotic people probably don’t get tested. But i doubt that’s the whole explanation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They don't want truth, they want fantasy of falsehoods. If anti vaxxers really cared they would stop spreading lies and get vaccinated
It’s like this:
Voice of reason: “We’d really like it and like you if you could do all of the rest of us a really, big, favor! We need each citizen to get themselves vaccinated (if you can, and if you have a medical condition that means that it would be unsafe for you to get a vaccination, we’re hoping that enough of us, 75%(?) or so can provide you, fellow citizen who is unable to benefit from this ‘wonder-science’, with ‘herd-immunity’.)”

Yeah I gotta thing, I can’t get vaccinated.

VOR: “Oh, that’s too bad, what do you suffer from?”

HIPAA VIOLATION! My body, my choice!

VOR: “No this isn’t about your ‘rights’, this is about…”

Don’t you tell me what to think!

Only like six months in.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,632.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It’s like this:
Voice of reason: “We’d really like it and like you if you could do all of the rest of us a really, big, favor! We need each citizen to get themselves vaccinated (if you can, and if you have a medical condition that means that it would be unsafe for you to get a vaccination, we’re hoping that enough of us, 75%(?) or so can provide you, fellow citizen who is unable to benefit from this ‘wonder-science’, with ‘herd-immunity’.)”

Yeah I gotta thing, I can’t get vaccinated.

VOR: “Oh, that’s too bad, what do you suffer from?”

HIPAA VIOLATION! My body, my choice!

VOR: “No this isn’t about your ‘rights’, this is about…”

Don’t you tell me what to think!

Only like six months in.
We'd like you to take this experimental treatment that has not been fully tested on humans and gave really horrible results when tested on animals. We have no idea what the long term effects of this experimental treatment will have on people are, and the fact that it cripples some people and even causes death in others isn't a surprise since it is, as we already told you, experimental. We'd like women to take it even though studies have shown that the m-RNA has accumulated in the ovaries even though we said it would stay local to the injection site. Oh, and it can also accumulate in heart tissue and nerves which can lead to permanent disability or death. However we would like you to completely ignore this so you can make an informed decision based only on what we tell you through the main stream media, to voluntarily take this experimental treatment and waive the rights afforded you by the Nuremberg Code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they don't hate gay people as much as you want them to? Really...
Who said anything about hating gay people? Certainly not me.

The CDC is supposed to be about the prevention and control of disease. Not rental mandates, gun control, educating people on language and how to speak....

But ok, you want something from the CDC in regards to the topic of this thread and naturally aquired immunity? Even they still admit that reinfection from Covid remains rare in their most recent update this month. The website states that though there are reports of reinfection it's still rare from people that have recovered from Covid. They stated it from the beginning and still admit reinfection is rare well over a year and half later. They don't push that much in the media but it's still on the website and updated this month. Of course they go on about more studies, delta, etc. But the simple fact is that for those that have recovered, reinfection remains rare.

COVID-19 and Your Health

Cases of reinfection with COVID-19 have been reported, but remain rare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Who said anything about hating gay people? Certainly not me.

That would be GOD Shines Forth!, in post #393.

The CDC is supposed to be about the prevention and control of disease. Not rental mandates, gun control, educating people on language and how to speak....

But ok, you want something from the CDC in regards to the topic of this thread and naturally aquired immunity? Even they still admit that reinfection from Covid remains rare in their most recent update this month. The website states that though there are reports of reinfection it's still rare from people that have recovered from Covid. They stated it from the beginning and still admit reinfection is rare well over a year and half later. They don't push that much in the media but it's still on the website and updated this month. Of course they go on about more studies, delta, etc. But the simple fact is that for those that have recovered, reinfection remains rare.

COVID-19 and Your Health

Cases of reinfection with COVID-19 have been reported, but remain rare.

And your point is? I'd rather not get the virus in the first place and risk death or permanent damage.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We'd like you to take this experimental treatment that has not been fully tested on humans
This thread is about an FDA approved vaccine. If you want to talk about experimental medical treatments, it might be good to start a different thread.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t coddle. Neither do gay people, once you are on their turf.

Do what you will, but suspecting the CDC of some sinister ulterior motive because they address LGBT people the way they ask to be addressed is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
However, if the so-called vaccine is blocking or inhibiting people's natural immunity in some way, and there is a big push to force everyone (regardless of health status) to get the supposed one-size-fits-all jab, then herd immunity becomes less and less likely and increases the opportunity for more vaccine-resistant versions of COVID, such as the current Delta.
It’s not. The study quoted in the OP, and several others, say that the best immunity is from those who have both had the disease and been vaccinated. That’s one reason that it makes no sense to say that if you’ve had it you don’t need vaccination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,632.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This thread is about an FDA approved vaccine. If you want to talk about experimental medical treatments, it might be good to start a different thread.
No one has been offered an FDA approved vaccine yet

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟107,732.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How coy. I could handle the straight up version but, alas, the forum is too tender.

My answer to the other poster:

"Memory T cells and B cells. Lots of literature on this."

My reply, if this was true, how come people who've caught Covid can get it again?

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My reply, if this was true, how come people who've caught Covid can get it again?

And not only can get it again, but already have gotten it again, as many have.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Nothing is 100%. However, the CDC says reinfections of the Covid-recovered (see definition) are "rare":

upload_2021-8-31_10-25-52.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And? So how does this equate to once per decade?

I've already had covid twice. I would agree it's rare, but to be fair, the pandemic has only been underway for a bit over a year.

Getting COVID-19 twice: Alabama health officials seeing more re-infections

"The Alabama Department of Public Health estimates more than 4,800 residents have had the virus more than once."

Rare is a subjective word. To suggest that immunity will last people decades is highly unlikely. At best you might be looking at a year, maybe 2 If you're lucky.

Maybe after getting it a few times, then perhaps your body might get used to it, but I'd imagine our country is still aways off from such a day. Still likely many fatalities on the way unfortunately. Natural immunity is great, but it has its limitations against deadly viruses, as the 650k American fatalities have demonstrated

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So the word RARE gets respected when it fits a narrative but not when considering the side effects of the vaccine?

I use this because it defines the rarity of someone with NATURAL IMMUNITY being "reinfected". "Rare" as a word has proven to be quite elastic in discussions of Covid, you are correct.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You know if BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated people were encouraged to practice good hygiene and wear masks rather than giving the vaccinated people the message that they were "safe" and couldn't get or spread COVID (which is a false message), then it seems to me that the cases of people getting infected or re-infected would be even rarer regardless of vaccination status. :)

Upvote 0