Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We have a family in our church who are affected by this. When they joined a few years ago, they joked that they could fill a whole pew with their family. We thought it was truly wonderful!!! And we welcomed them with open arms.
Today both parents hold church offices, the mother sponsored me for RCIA, the daughters work in the nursery, the son is an alter boy and serves often, and they are totally integrated into our parish.
We could not do without them.

Bu now just a few years later, that whole expanded family could only worship if they came early enough to get seats under the "Virus Seating Plan".

Now fast forward to Christmas! If your parish is anything like mine, you are used to being packed to the gills. But with the new "Virus Seating Plan", half of those members won't be able to get a seat for Christmas. Can you imagine spending Christmas Eve watching the remote service at home? away from your Parish family?

Unless things change, this is what we have to expect.:crossrc:

It grieves me, it really, truly does. To penalize a family for following church directions in their marriage is terrible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0