Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I have found more than a few posters right here on CF that would whole heartedly agree with this professor. I don't think he should lose his job over it and I don't think he did. He might need a little break just to think about things for a couple days.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure.... Maybe to someone completely ignorant of both history AND current events, I could see why they would draw that comparison.

Let me know when BLM starts burning crosses on white people's lawns in an effort to scare them out of the area.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
yeah. I gotta say; what is to stop a professor from just getting in front of his class and straight up lying about everything in the subject area he is trying to teach. If a university professor is not providing his charges with correct information, what recourse does a university have (assuming they have tenure)?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You all seemed to have missed the point. Some deliberately, I know, but still. The issue here isn't how accurately one can compare BLM to the KKK, the issue is an American citizen being singled out and punished for exercising his First Amendment right, and only being so punished because he said something the liberal/progressive PC police do not want said.

This story serves as proof for a position which I and others have articulated here many times before. The liberal/progressive left does not want free speech, does not support free speech, and will not tolerate free speech. They will only tolerate speech with which they agree.

[Staff edit]

I gotta say; what is to stop a professor from just getting in front of his class and straight up lying about everything in the subject area he is trying to teach.

Which serves again to illustrate my point. Colleges and Universities are at this moment overrun with liberal hacks teaching or inserting whatever they feel like they believe their students should know about how evil and illegitimate America is, and that is all fine. But let one professor get out of line, let one professor stray from the accepted path, and he must be destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You all seemed to have missed the point. Some deliberately, I know, but still. The issue here isn't how accurately one can compare BLM to the KKK, the issue is an American citizen being singled out and punished for exercising his First Amendment right, and only being so punished because he said something the liberal/progressive PC police do not want said.

This story serves as proof for a position which I and others have articulated here many times before. The liberal/progressive left does not want free speech, does not support free speech, and will not tolerate free speech. They will only tolerate speech with which they agree.

This is an issue between an employer and an employee, not the government and a regular citizen.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an issue between an employer and an employee, not the government and a regular citizen.

Yeah, I am sure all of those posting on Facebook in response to this and all of those who promoted this story in social media drawing attention to it worked in administration for the college.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I am sure all of those posting on Facebook in response to this and all of those who promoted this story in social media drawing attention to it worked in administration for the college.

What are you talking about? You were complaining about free speech - "free speech" refers to the government's policy towards speech, not the reaction to speech by employers, the media, or the public at large. Is anyone calling for this guy to be fined or jailed for saying this? Or are they merely criticizing him for it? If they're calling for him to be fined or jailed, then I see your point, but if not, then your complaints about "free speech" are misplaced.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All those police being killed isn't like a lynching? What about the chants of BLM? Didn't the lynch mobs have similar chants.
1.) Police are not a race. That's probably the most significant difference right there. The Klan targets people because of their race and ethnicity... things they cannot change about themselves... A police officer could, in fact, quit his job. A black man cannot quit being black.

2.) Police have always, as long as they've existed been targeted by violent criminals. That just comes with the job of stopping violent criminals. Not that I wish it upon them but the threat of violent retribution against them has always been there. It's not really surprising that some crazy nut decided to shoot back this time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread is closed for review

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? You were complaining about free speech - "free speech" refers to the government's policy towards speech, not the reaction to speech by employers, the media, or the public at large. Is anyone calling for this guy to be fined or jailed for saying this? Or are they merely criticizing him for it? If they're calling for him to be fined or jailed, then I see your point, but if not, then your complaints about "free speech" are misplaced.
No no! Because "Free Speech" means "neo-cons and sundry reactionaries can say what they like without fear of negative consequences"! Imean, that's what the constitution says, right? Just after the part about being a Christian nation and before the part about equality being limited to white Christian men.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0