• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Uterine Polyps

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone here have or had uterine polyps? When I went to see a gynecologist a few weeks ago for an exam, he said my uterus walls (uterine wall) was thick and that maybe I could had polyps. When I have my period, I usually bleed heavy for a couple of days. That could be a sign there (according to the doctor) but then again, it was always that way for years. And I was never told anything about that from my past gynecologists. I'm going to a different gynecologist on Wednesday for a second opinion. I'm honestly getting a little worried now b/c I read that polyps could be linked to cancer time after time. I have so much on my mind now that I didn't need to hear this from the doctor =(

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone here have or had uterine polyps? When I went to see a gynecologist a few weeks ago for an exam, he said my uterus walls (uterine wall) was thick and that maybe I could had polyps. When I have my period, I usually bleed heavy for a couple of days. That could be a sign there (according to the doctor) but then again, it was always that way for years. And I was never told anything about that from my past gynecologists. I'm going to a different gynecologist on Wednesday for a second opinion. I'm honestly getting a little worried now b/c I read that polyps could be linked to cancer time after time. I have so much on my mind now that I didn't need to hear this from the doctor =(

Most of the time they aren't anything to worry about. People can go for years and not know they have them because they have no symptoms. Any symptoms should be treated though and there are various methods for making them go away. It is only in rare cases that they are cancerous, so it's still a good idea to get checked. You may not even have them if heavy flow during your period is normal for you, and a heavy menstrual flow *is* normal for many women. Getting a second opinion is a good thing if you have concerns, but you're very likely getting anxious for nothing.

Reactions: Aquatic Waves
Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most of the time they aren't anything to worry about. People can go for years and not know they have them because they have no symptoms. Any symptoms should be treated though and there are various methods for making them go away. It is only in rare cases that they are cancerous, so it's still a good idea to get checked. You may not even have them if heavy flow during your period is normal for you, and a heavy menstrual flow *is* normal for many women. Getting a second opinion is a good thing if you have concerns, but you're very likely getting anxious for nothing.

Do you have them or ever had them yourself? This was the first time a gynecologist ask me if I bleed heavy on my period. The previous ones just asked is your period regular or irregular. I wish I was told sooner about my uterus walls being thick. Idk why suddenly now I'm being told

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Do you have them or ever had them yourself? This was the first time a gynecologist ask me if I bleed heavy on my period. The previous ones just asked is your period regular or irregular. I wish I was told sooner about my uterus walls being thick. Idk why suddenly now I'm being told

I've never had them to my knowledge, but my mom has. I believe they treated hers by freezing them off. When I was still menstruating, it was always very heavy as a norm and none of my doctors ever thought it was abnormal, but I never got any comments about thick uterine walls. It may be the combination of the two that inspires them to want to give it a closer look. Even if you do end up having polyps though, it's usually just a matter of getting them treated.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aquatic Waves
Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I totally forgot about this thread. So sorry for the delay. Update : I did see this other obgyn a couple of weeks ago. However, he didn't have an ultrasound in the office to check my uterus. He told me I would have to go to his other office to do all that testing. Unfortunately his other office is too far away from me and I don't drive or have anyone to drive me all the way there. Then last week, my sister had found a walk in gyn close to her home. She offered to go with me for support but since she works during the week, she can only take me on the weekends. I was suppose to go with her last weekend but we had an argument about something so I decided not to go b/c I was too upset. Now I'm torn of either just going alone to this place or go with my sister but fearing she will argue with me about the incident that happened. I do need emotional support about this issue about my uterus being thick but I just don't need drama from my sister. Can anyone help me out here please?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking you will end up worrying more and more by waiting, so if there is a way for you to just go on in by yourself, then it would help to ease your mind about both the uterus and your sister's mood.

Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm thinking you will end up worrying more and more by waiting, so if there is a way for you to just go on in by yourself, then it would help to ease your mind about both the uterus and your sister's mood.

Yeah I know but I'm also afraid of going alone

Upvote 0