Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are waiting on Christmas deliveries from the USPS, you may be out of luck. During the month of December, four of my USPS inbound shipments took an average of 2+ weeks to arrive (Priority, First Class mail).

Competing crises are slamming the U.S. Postal Service just days before Christmas, imperiling the delivery of millions of packages, as the agency contends with spiking coronavirus cases in its workforce, unprecedented volumes of e-commerce orders and the continuing fallout from a hobbled cost-cutting program launched by the postmaster general.

Nearly 19,000 of the agency’s 644,000 workers have called in sick or are isolating because of the virus, according to the American Postal Workers Union. Meanwhile, packages have stacked up inside some postal facilities, leading employees to push them aside to create narrow walkways on shop floors.

And it doesn't help when private delivery firms shut down shipping from major retailers (USPS doesn't have that option):

The agency is receiving as many as 6 million packages a day since FedEx and UPS enacted restrictions on large-volume retail shippers in early December, according to industry tracking firm ShipMatrix.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/21/usps-delays-christmas/

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is true, i sent in my insurance (motor vehicles) payment Nov 22 and received a letter form the insurance company Dec 19 stating they had not received my payment.

I called the bank yesterday (21st) and they said the check cleared friday the 18th.

So almost a month to get the payment to the insurance comapny

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I really hope DeJoy is booted from the Biden administration. If it wasn't for his "efforts" to help Trump suppress mail-in votes and obstruct democracy, we very likely wouldn't be having these issues to the severe extent we're having them now.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I really hope DeJoy is booted from the Biden administration. If it wasn't for his "efforts" to help Trump suppress mail-in votes and obstruct democracy, we very likely wouldn't be having these issues to the severe extent we're having them now.

Technically, the Postmaster General is not part of the administration. (At least not since 1971 when the Department of the Post Office became the USPS.) The PMG is hired and fired by the USPS Board of Governors. They *are* appointed by the President. (I assume to fixed terms.) I don't know if there are vacancies on the board. I see a reasonable likelihood that postal reform could be on the agenda in the next congress.

• Informative
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0