• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

USMC Force Recon

Discussion in 'Military' started by NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit

NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit Just call me Nie :)

+32
    Non-Denom
    Well, they sound like the best and I am interested. I plan to soo join the Marines and wondered if anyone could give me some insight into Force Recon. Any other info. would be appreciated but I am especially interested in FR.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WarSong

WarSong Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!

+125
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Why not talk to a recruiter or try to find on-line forums? I believe there is a Special Tactics forum on the net.

3. NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit

+32
    Non-Denom
    I have spoken with a recruiter. As for my selection of posting this here, USMCFR is so rare I figured I had as good a chance here as anywhere. Less than 1% of Americans are marines and USMCFR is the Marines SF so, as you can imagine, I don't have a good chance of finding one no matter where I go. Also, as the saying goes, "there are no atheists in fox-holes"

4. fieldsofwind

fieldsofwind Well-Known Member

+11
    Christian
    dude... just worry about joining the Marine Corps first... then concentrate on boot, then concentrate on SOI, then try to get a screening for recon... prepare ahead (now) so that you can demolish the screening... get a slot at the ARS or BRC (whichever it is called now) and then you're on your way.

Talk to your recruiters and do some research in a bookstore.

If you are not already preparing for your goals now... you won't make it later.

My old training buddy recently got out of the Corps. He was in a Recon Batt. He went through ARS out in Coronado... got his scuba bubble in Okinawa. His recon batt also sent him to the S/S course in Lejuine.(sp???) Like I said, he got out of the Corps about 6 months ago and is now in the Navy about to start BUD/S on Sep 12. I leave soon for the Navy to undergo the same pipeline... boot, A school, then BUD/S.

Just remember dude... you have got to know yourself before you enter the arena... it's not the place to "find yourself" or "become a man." You'd better show up as one.

good luck, and have a good'un.

FOW

5. NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit

+32
    Non-Denom
    :D I am preparing. Like I said, I have discussed this with recruiters and naturally I am training physically. Anyway, I figure the best way to do it is show up over-prepared and blow through the **** (like you said) and just get it all done. I figure at the end of boot I will be in the best shape of my life anyway so why not just continue on through. So your buddy was FR? I know they do dive calss and S/S school, but I think there was also demolishions and other stuff (the formentioned two were the ones most interesting to me) And just a side note, what would you say the average highed and weight of a Marine are? I think that would help a bit with figuring all this **** out. Thanks

6. fieldsofwind

fieldsofwind Well-Known Member

+11
    Christian
    If you're preparing correctly now, boot will get you out of shape. You need to be running, swimming, and working out (with a focus on long term muscle endurance) every day. 2-4 hours a day. Try to work your way up to 20-30 miles of running per week, 3000-5000 meters of swimming (*more if you want... but swimming laps gets old*) and thousands of cals each week. Also, you need to be confident in the water... confident while your body is telling you to get oxygen. Get yourself accustomed to hypoxic (look the subject up on the net) activities in the water. Note: do not train for this alone, and do not train for it with some highschool lifeguard on duty. Have someone personally watching you at all times who knows the dangers of hypoxic training and can get you off the bottom of the pool. If you don't have access to that kind of supervision... find a way to do it out of the water.

Note for cals: try doing different sets of push-ups, pull-ups, dips, arm-haulers, abs, and legs with as little rest as possible between them.

hope this helps

FOW

7. NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit

+32
    Non-Denom
    Thanks for the tips. Mostly I was running and lifting weights, no swimming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.