• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Using weapons to kill in video games. a sin?

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by Jags, May 26, 2019.

1. Jags

Jags Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I love playing video games and this has been on my mind ever since i started to be with god.
    is using any kind of weapon in video games to kill. a sin? i usually play these games to relieve stress / relax after delivering newspapers with my dad. And Yes i may have been asking a lot about video games but i want to make sure i am in good stands with god and not sinning

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Supporter

+3,891
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    All I can say is video game killing is not really killing anything God gave life to. You are a sinner, we all are...playing video games might be sinful but you aren't guilty of murder playing them.

3. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+7,096
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Unless it's leading to morbid fantasies of killing like you do in the game, I think it's pretty harmless.

4. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,782
    Christian
    Married
    It depends on your attitude brother. If you would like to play the game in real life then it would be a shocking sin to play it. If you just like playing a game and thank God for the opportunity to do so what could be wrong?

Games are not real life and ought not to be understood that way. Even chess would be sinful game then.

5. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+2,886
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Since the characters aren't actually alive, how can it count as killing?

6. Jags

Jags Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    so if it doesn't effect my in irl i its not a sin to play these games?

7. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Active Member

+277
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Since you are asking these questions it is quite clear it is affecting you irl. Maybe it is time to pick up a better hobby instead of wondering if you are sinning every time you boot up the playstation.

Those kinds of things can lead to mental problems very fast.

8. Jags

Jags Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Not really effecting me in irl much. i maybe play em for like 1 - 2 hours a day but it never effects me in irl but yeh i understand that it can effect me in irl

9. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+4,788
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Why would it be more sinful than killing a character with unarmed attacks?