Using weapons to kill in video games. a sin?

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love playing video games and this has been on my mind ever since i started to be with god.
is using any kind of weapon in video games to kill. a sin? i usually play these games to relieve stress / relax after delivering newspapers with my dad. And Yes i may have been asking a lot about video games but i want to make sure i am in good stands with god and not sinning

Last edited:

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All I can say is video game killing is not really killing anything God gave life to. You are a sinner, we all are...playing video games might be sinful but you aren't guilty of murder playing them.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love playing video games and this has been on my mind ever since i started to be with god.
is using any kind of weapon in video games to kill. a sin? i usually play these games to relieve stress / relax after delivering newspapers with my dad. And Yes i may have been asking a lot about video games but i want to make sure i am in good stands with god and not sinning
Unless it's leading to morbid fantasies of killing like you do in the game, I think it's pretty harmless.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends on your attitude brother. If you would like to play the game in real life then it would be a shocking sin to play it. If you just like playing a game and thank God for the opportunity to do so what could be wrong?

Games are not real life and ought not to be understood that way. Even chess would be sinful game then.

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends on what we want to watch. I love the history videos and there are a lot of Christian ministry videos that are great. It is like driving a motor car. It can be used to get us from A to B in style, or it can be used as a weapon to kill someone.

It depends on your attitude brother. If you would like to play the game in real life then it would be a shocking sin to play it. If you just like playing a game and thank God for the opportunity to do so what could be wrong?

Games are not real life and ought not to be understood that way. Even chess would be sinful game then.
so if it doesn't effect my in irl i its not a sin to play these games?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
so if it doesn't effect my in irl i its not a sin to play these games?

Since you are asking these questions it is quite clear it is affecting you irl. Maybe it is time to pick up a better hobby instead of wondering if you are sinning every time you boot up the playstation.

Those kinds of things can lead to mental problems very fast.

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since you are asking these questions it is quite clear it is affecting you irl. Maybe it is time to pick up a better hobby instead of wondering if you are sinning every time you boot up the playstation.

Those kinds of things can lead to mental problems very fast.
Not really effecting me in irl much. i maybe play em for like 1 - 2 hours a day but it never effects me in irl but yeh i understand that it can effect me in irl

Upvote 0