Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am re-examining a lot of traditionally used theological concepts. I believe in the power of God's Word and believe if the concept is not "of man", it will be found clearly expressed in Scripture. I am looking for a Scriptural validation of the concept, if anyone has one.

One of the claims people make is that God loves unconditionally. In examining Scripture, I don't see that concept. His love is greater than any love we can imagine; but it isn't unconditional. I do see that God must preveniently love us (loving us first both collectively and individually) before we can come to really love Him.

My bigger concern is that we actually work against God when claiming something about Him that isn't true. And, in this case, we open the door for shackian universalists and others who call Jesus a liar, because they can't fathom an unconditionally loving God sending anyone to hell.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am re-examining a lot of traditionally used theological concepts. I believe in the power of God's Word and believe if the concept is not "of man", it will be found clearly expressed in Scripture. I am looking for a Scriptural validation of the concept, if anyone has one.

One of the claims people make is that God loves unconditionally. In examining Scripture, I don't see that concept. His love is greater than any love we can imagine; but it isn't unconditional. I do see that God must preveniently love us (loving us first both collectively and individually) before we can come to really love Him.

My bigger concern is that we actually work against God when claiming something about Him that isn't true. And, in this case, we open the door for shackian universalists and others who call Jesus a liar, because they can't fathom an unconditionally loving God sending anyone to hell.
One passage is all I need to prove that God's love is unconditional...Romans 5:8

the problem is that many people confuse God's favor with His Love. The Love is extended to all men throughout the ages and is evidenced through His offer of salvation. We receive His favor and the full benefits of that Love when we accept Him as Lord and Savior. See the difference is not in whether or not God Loves but in whether or not we accept and live in that Love.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I first thought of Rom. 5:8, too, but there there is this gem:

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Rom 8:38-39)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I first thought of Rom. 5:8, too, but there there is this gem:

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Rom 8:38-39)
what separates the unsaved from God's unfailing Love? Sin? Hell? Satan? His Love reaches even into the depths of hell...where people get confused is that Love does not have to be received or reciprocated in order to be given.

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One passage is all I need to prove that God's love is unconditional...Romans 5:8

the problem is that many people confuse God's favor with His Love. The Love is extended to all men throughout the ages and is evidenced through His offer of salvation. We receive His favor and the full benefits of that Love when we accept Him as Lord and Savior. See the difference is not in whether or not God Loves but in whether or not we accept and live in that Love.

"But God commends His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). I agree that God's love is necessarily prevenient. But, what makes this unconditional?

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God's love is perfect. God is love. His justice is also perfect for God hates sin and loves the sinner.

God's
Love and Justice
meet at the Cross...

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through the Son. It is a free gift, the greatest miracle of all, of salvation through grace and mercy. Man is free to accept or reject the gift. (John 3:16)

250777_19f763d72bbc616382d90c9a559b899f.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But God commends His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). I agree that God's love is necessarily prevenient. But, what makes this unconditional?
what condition do you see in that verse?

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what separates the unsaved from God's unfailing Love? Sin? Hell? Satan? His Love reaches even into the depths of hell...where people get confused is that Love does not have to be received or reciprocated in order to be given.

(1) KJV's use of "Hell" to represent numerous different words, creates confusion. But, I would argue that God's love isn't in hell--that's the big reason that it is "everlasting torment". When David's Psalm talked about making his bed in sheol, he was talking about Hades, not Gehenna (lake of fire, 2nd death).

Does making a decision to give something to everyone regardless of whether they want it or not demonstrate love or benevolence?

Unconditional statement (though false): "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that" ALL would be saved regardless of whether they believed in His Son or not.

Another false, but unconditional, statement: "Since Jesus paid the price, it doesn't matter whether you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh, you have eternal life."

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(1) KJV's use of "Hell" to represent numerous different words, creates confusion. But, I would argue that God's love isn't in hell--that's the big reason that it is "everlasting torment". When David's Psalm talked about making his bed in sheol, he was talking about Hades, not Gehenna (lake of fire, 2nd death).
That is where word study is imperative but since I see no passage presented so far that talks about hell what passage do you want us to do a word study on? Psalms 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

According to Thayer's lexicon from the Strong's website the word here means...
sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit

1. the underworld sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit

2. Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead
    1. place of no return

2. without praise of God

3. wicked sent there for punishment

4. righteous not abandoned to it

5. of the place of exile (fig)

6. of extreme degradation in sin
which would seem to me to include hell since it says so right there in the definition meaning...further consider the same word is used here
Psa 49:15

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: H7585 for he shall receive me. Selah.
Pro 15:11

Hell H7585 and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?

Eze 31:15

Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when he went down to the grave H7585 I caused a mourning: I covered the deep for him, and I restrained the floods thereof, and the great waters were stayed: and I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted for him.

Amo 9:2

Though they dig into hell, H7585 thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

Jon 2:2

And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell H7585 cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Seems to me that you will have a hard time making that claim...if we consider word study.[/quote]

Does making a decision to give something to everyone regardless of whether they want it or not demonstrate love or benevolence? [/quote] If the gift is Love/Life, I would have to say yes.
Unconditional statement (though false): "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that" ALL would be saved regardless of whether they believed in His Son or not.
no, that would only be if the verse said that Love is given to all whether or not they accept it.

Here is a real life, today example of what I am saying. We have a son who has decided to be difficult. I told him he would always be welcomed, invited, part of our lives and heart. We would always love him no matter what and that we respected him enough to let him make his own choices. His response was "If that is love I don't want anything to do with it because it makes me feel bad about myself." Seriously, accepting him as family, as a beloved child makes him not want to be loved because it makes him feel bad. He hasn't spoken to me for 2 years now because of that Love but you know what? I still love him and anxiously wait for him to realize that Love was never removed from the table. If he doesn't return I still won't retract my Love because my Love is unconditional.
Another false, but unconditional, statement: "Since Jesus paid the price, it doesn't matter whether you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh, you have eternal life."
lol Accepting Jesus gift of salvation is about walking in the Spirit...iow's this comment is false from the get go on...but I don't know how false statements about what scripture says equals conditional love? and just for the record I am anxious for someone to tell me what conditions they see on God's Love.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) —Ephesians 2:4-5

262177_f4691cd1aa3b250c6153ac30860b7ad9.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's easier to show that Yahweh doesn't love everyone:

Romans 9:
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.​

Hebrews 12:
16 ..Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.​

17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Malachi 1:
2 I have loved you, saith Yahweh. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith Yahweh: yet I loved Jacob,​

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.​

4 Whereas Edom [which is another name for Esau] saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith Yahweh of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom Yahweh hath indignation for ever.

Wow.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the claims people make is that God loves unconditionally.
For me, to love unconditionally, means you love someone, no matter what. Your loving that person does not depend on if he or she loves you back and does things you want. I think we see a variety of scriptures which fit with God being unconditionally loving, like this.

For one example >

"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

Jesus loved us and suffered and died for us, even though we were not loving Him. This is included in what I mean by "unconditional" loving.

Also . . . we are expected to follow this example, by becoming unconditional in how we love > Ephesians 5:1-2. This means we do not give up on anyone. And we keep having hope for any person, at all > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7). So, there is no condition which can keep us from having hope for people, if our love is unconditional.

All along, this is how "unconditional" has been explained to me.

And we can see, in certain Bible translations, how Paul is understood to have been unconditional in his love >

"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved." (2 Corinthians 12:15)

So, not only did he love them in spite of if they loved him less, but he became even more and more abundant in how he loved them . . . according to this translation.

So, God being unconditional in love for us is in scripture, in the meaning of various scriptures, plus we are expected to grow in this love making us likewise unconditional, so we also do not give up on anyone and we keep having hope for any person to be fully benefitted by God.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe Strong's is wrong... at any rate, God's perfect LOVE and JUSTICE meet at the cross. His perfect JUDGEMENT will come at a time of His choosing. Amen?

STRONG'S: 3404
miséō – properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

Not a few interpreters have attributed to μισεῖν in Genesis 29:31 (cf. Genesis 29:30); Deuteronomy 21:15; Matthew 6:24; Luke 14:26; Luke 16:13; (John 12:25); Romans 9:13, the signification to love less, to postpone in love or esteem, to slight...

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe Strong's is wrong... at any rate, God's perfect LOVE and JUSTICE meet at the cross. His perfect JUDGEMENT will come at a time of His choosing. Amen?

miséō – properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

Not a few interpreters have attributed to μισεῖν in Genesis 29:31 (cf. Genesis 29:30); Deuteronomy 21:15; Matthew 6:24; Luke 14:26; Luke 16:13; (John 12:25); Romans 9:13, the signification to love less, to postpone in love or esteem, to slight...

So in Romans 9, Paul actually defines what "love" and "hatred" mean in this context:

Romans 9:
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?​

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:​

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,​

The Potter (Creator) made two kinds of pots (creations): "vessels of wrath fitted to destruction" and "vessels of mercy...prepared unto glory."

Does not Yahweh feel merciful love for Jacob but the opposite for Esau?

Esau "found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears." (Hebrews 12:16-17)

"against whom Yahweh hath indignation for ever." (Malachi 1:4)

"Esau have I hated." (Romans 9:13)

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's kind of unconditional love in 1 Cor 13
13:4
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
13:5
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
13:6
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
13:7
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
13:8
Charity never faileth.

No conditions here.

• Agree
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are commands to Man to Love:

LOVE COMMANDED!!

a. #1 = Love God + #2 = Love Neighbor AS SELF...the BIG TWO IN ORDER!...Luke 10: 25-29: Matthew 22: 37-40; Mark 12:30
b. Love "ONE ANOTHER" (believers) as I have loved you...John 13:34-35; John 15; 1 John 4
c. Love Enemies..Sermon on the Mount...the HARD ONE...Matthew 5: 43-48
d. ABIDE in God's Love..1 John; John 15
e. If you Love me, FOLLOW/ (serve) me...Matthew 16: 24-27; Luke 14:25-33; John 12:26
f. If you Love me, KEEP PRECEPTS, OBEY, TRUST etc...and ...Get the "good news" out!..Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15

The GOLDEN RULE "to treat others as I want to be treated" (Matt. 7:12)...good MAN-to-MAN ADVICE...not a COMMAND!

Matthew 7:12 (all NASB)
“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you,
for this IS (summarizes?) the Law and the Prophets

#1: LOVE GOD

Matthew 22:37-40
And He (Jesus) said to him (lawyer) ,
A. “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
This is the great and foremost commandment.
B The second is like it,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
On these two commandments DEPEND (derive?) the whole (Mosiac) Law and the (OT) Prophets.”

Jesus the God-Man FULFILLED the MOSAIC "Law" and the Prophets.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Luke 24:44
Now He said to them,
“These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

#2: LOVE NEIGHBOR as SELF

Luke 10:25-37...extracts: Parable of the Good Samaritan
And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying,
“Teacher, what shall I (me, MYSELF) DO to INHERIT eternal life?”...
29 But wishing to justify himself, he (lawyer( said to Jesus, “And who is my NEIGHBOR?”
30 Jesus replied and said..."Parable of the The Good Samaritan"
36 Which of these three do you think PROVED to be a NEIGHBOR to the man who fell into the robbers’ hands?”
37 And he said, “The one who showed MERCY toward him.”
Then Jesus said to him, (YOU) “Go and do the same.”

Where are the words "love" or "works"?
It is a LESSON on how Man should treat Man...even a stranger.The lawyer wrongly thought he had to DO something to INHERIT God's Grace.

Matthew 19: 16-26...Jesus encounters The Rich Young Ruler's heart (SEE ALSO: Mark 10:17 etc; Luke 18:18 )
16 And someone (The Rich Young Ruler) came to Him (Jesus) and said,
“Teacher, what GOOD THING (works) shall I (myself) DO that I may OBTAIN "eternal (spiritual life"?”
17And He said to him,
“Why are you asking Me about WHAT is good? There is only One WHO is good;
but if YOU wish to enter into (eternal SPIRITUAL) life", keep the (10?) commandments.”
Then he said to Him, “Which ones?”
And Jesus said, (#1 is LOVE GOD...SEE: Deuteronomy 6:5 ; Luke 10:27)
“You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness;
Honor your father and mother; and You shall LOVE your NEIGHBOR as yourself.”
The young man said to Him, “All these things I have KEPT; (the Mosaic Law) what am I still lacking?”
21 Jesus said to him,
“If you wish to be COMPLETE (in works), (YOU) go and sell your possessions and give to the poor,
and YOU will have treasure in heaven;
and COME, FOLLOW Me.”
But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

And Jesus said to His DISCIPLES,
“Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel (rope?) to go through the eye of a needle,
than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (Choose WHICH to serve: God or wealth...Matthew 6:24)
When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said,
“Then who can be SAVED?” (from death unto "eternal SPIRITUAL life")
And looking at them Jesus said to them,
With people (man's works) this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible.”
(God draws/calls and offers Grace through the gift of Spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF)

#2b: SELF

Genesis 1:26
Then God (plural=elohim) said,
“Let Us make man in Our (SPIRITUAL) image,
according to Our (CHARACTER) likeness

Genesis 5:2
He created them male and female, and
He blessed them and
named them Man (MANKIND) in the day when they were created.

Psalm 139:14...I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.

Psalm 139:13...For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.

Ephesians 4:16
from whom the whole body,
being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

#3: Love "ONE ANOTHER" (believers) as I have loved you

John 13:34-35.."one another" (Greek = allelon) = mutual,reciprocal,beneficial love among believers
A new commandment I give to you, that
you love "one another", even as I have loved you,
that you also love "one another".
By this all men will know that you are My disciples,(followers,pupils)
if you have love for "one another".”

John 15:12,17 [Disciples’ Relation to Each Other]
“This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you....
This I command you, that you love one another.

Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love;
give preference to one another in honor;

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love "one another";
for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brethren;
only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve "one another".

Ephesians 4:2
with all humility and gentleness, with patience,
showing tolerance for "one another" in love,

#4: LOVE ENEMIES

Matthew 5:43-48...Jesus' Sermon on the Mount to crowds
43 “You have heard that it was said,
‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I say to you,
love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven;(believers)
for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48 Therefore you are to be (TRY to be!) perfect (mature),
as your (EXAMPLE: your) heavenly Father is perfect.(holy and omnibenevolent)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God unconditionally OFFERS His Love / Grace / Mercy to ALL Men who are CALLED / DRAWN to a spiritual "free will" DECISION: ACCEPT or REJECT Me.

Man SPIRITUALLY CHOOSES whether he want to be a "child of God" (saved believer)...or...NOT.

God spiritually calls/draws/knocks to ALL.
EACH Man's spirit must accept or reject.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.
So CHOOSE LIFE in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

1 Chronicles 28:9...KING David to wise son Solomon
“As for you, my son Solomon,
know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;BUT
IF you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

John 3:36...John the Baptizer on Jesus: CHOOSE
1. He who believes in the Son has eternal life; (BELIEVER)
but
2.he who does not obey (TO BELIEVE IN!) the Son will not see life,
but the wrath of God abides on him.” (UN-BELIEVER)

John 1
11 He came to that which was His own, but His own did NOT receive Him.
12 Yet to all who DID receive him,
to those who BELIEVED in his name, he gave the right to become "children of God"
— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but "born of God"

Revelation 3:20...CHOOSE!
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's easier to show that Yahweh doesn't love everyone:

Romans 9:
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.​

Hebrews 12:
16 ..Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.​

17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Malachi 1:
2 I have loved you, saith Yahweh. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith Yahweh: yet I loved Jacob,​

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.​

4 Whereas Edom [which is another name for Esau] saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith Yahweh of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom Yahweh hath indignation for ever.

Wow.
this is to assume that the opposite of Love is hate which it is NOT. The opposite of Biblical/God Love is pride not hate. In fact, Love and hate reside side by side.

Now that being said, from the standpoint of worldly love we could say that love and hate are opposites but we are talking about agape/God/Biblical Love here so it's a whole different ball game.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

less love and conditional love are not the same thing.

Just to give you an idea of where I am coming from on this matter and that is the only reason I say this so please do not read into it what is not there. About 11 or so years ago I might have agreed with some of the things being brought into question in this thread. But...God called me into full time study of Biblical Love and confirmed that calling. So I began study of Biblical Love about 40+ hours a week for 11 ish years. Recently I cut back to 20-30 hours a week study so that I could pursue another project. Point being I don't say these things lightly nor do I say them without cause. I have been forced to change my own previously held opinions of what Love (capitalized to distinguish between Biblical Love and worldly love) really is. I can talk to you about Love for days and not even come close to what I have learned about it. I have 4 working on 5 long, long. study books about Love which is nothing more that guidance through scripture after scripture. I am currently working on a study of how Love transforms us. Providing one of two scriptures is a problem simply because narrowing it down is hard. Above you talk about more Love or less Love but you do not show no Love

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God does not "hate" people, His creation. He forsakes those who reject Him and His attributes / commands.

Esau rejected the inheritance given to him by God through selfish greed.

God only hates SIN!...the gap following short of His perfection.

Malachi 2:16
For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong,” says the Lord of hosts. “So take heed to your SPIRIT, that you do not deal treacherously.”

1 Chronicles 28:9...KING David to wise son Solomon
“As for you, my son Solomon,
know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

God is perfectly JUST and renders perfect JUDGMENTS in relation to Mankind.

God is perfectly JUST..

DEFINITION of God's JUSTICE: ...a perfectly Good God of pure and holy Spirit dealing perfectly fairly with His Creation...

“Justice and judgment are the habitation of Thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before Thy face” (Psalm 89:14).

Isaiah 30:18....[ God Is Gracious and Just ]
Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of JUSTICE;
How blessed are all those who long for Him.

Deuteronomy 32:4...The Song of Moses-God: all His ways are JUST
3 “For I proclaim the name of the LORD;
Ascribe greatness to our God!
4 “The Rock!
His work is perfect,
For all His ways are JUST;
A God of faithfulness and without injustice,
Righteous and upright is He.

Micah 6 (NASB)...What God Requires of Man
8 He has told you, O man, what is GOOD;
And what does the LORD require of you...But...
to do JUSTICE,
to LOVE kindness, And
to WALK humbly with your God?

His JUDGMENTS of all SPIRITS are fair and righteous.

Hebrews 9:27 (NASB)
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die (Body/Soul combo) once
and after this comes judgment,(of all SPIRITS)

BELIEVERS spiritual POSITION in Christ is NOT JUDGED.

John 3 (NASB)
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world,
but that the world might be saved THROUGH Him.
18 He who BELIEVES in Him is NOT judged;
he who does NOT BELIEVE has been judged already,
because he has not BELIEVED in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24...“Truly, truly, I say to you,
he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal (spiritual) life,
and does not come into judgment, (in the future)
but has passed out of death into life. (PAST TENSE (aorist))

1. Jesus judges the NATIONS (ethnos)...Matthew 25: 31-46

2. Jesus judges ONLY the WORKS of believers...2 Corinthians 5: 1-15 (NIV) + 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NIV)

The JUST "wrath of God" remains on those who REJECT Him through UN-belief in God the Son..

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

Jeremiah 17:10 ...PRINCIPLE: You reap what you sow
“I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds.

Matthew 16:27 ...God harvests and JUDGES!
For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and
will then repay every man according to his deeds.

John 3:36...John the Baptizer on Jesus: CHOOSE
1. He who believes in the Son has eternal life; (BELIEVER)
but
2.he who does not obey (TO BELIEVE IN!) the Son will not see life,
but the "wrath of God" abides on him.” (UN-BELIEVER)

• Friendly
Upvote 0