Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to have the mindset of work work work till i just break down and don't do anything for long periods of time then work work etc. Clearly this wasn't optimal and it led to me dropping out of college and simply now trying to create my career again. After coming to this realization it became clear that if I want to achieve my full potential,I'm not going to do it by just working hard all the time. I'm trying to experiment with my schedule so I can be the most productive. It seems to be the most productive you can be, you need to work less not more. What have you all found to work for you in regards to getting that optimal threshold where you aren't working so much that your work is less productive than if you took a day off here or there and just relaxed and had some fun?

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I used to have the mindset of work work work till i just break down and don't do anything for long periods of time then work work etc. Clearly this wasn't optimal and it led to me dropping out of college and simply now trying to create my career again. After coming to this realization it became clear that if I want to achieve my full potential,I'm not going to do it by just working hard all the time. I'm trying to experiment with my schedule so I can be the most productive. It seems to be the most productive you can be, you need to work less not more. What have you all found to work for you in regards to getting that optimal threshold where you aren't working so much that your work is less productive than if you took a day off here or there and just relaxed and had some fun?
I'm 65 and retired and have also tried to find the right balance between work and pleasure. Part of it is what you WANT to do. You get up in the morning and want to get a lot done. There comes a time in the day, though, when it's time to relax. And part of it is what NEEDS to be done.

You need to feed both sides of you, the side that needs to accomplish things and the side of you that needs some fun (that isn't related to your goals). Find the balance.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 65 and retired and have also tried to find the right balance between work and pleasure. Part of it is what you WANT to do. You get up in the morning and want to get a lot done. There comes a time in the day, though, when it's time to relax. And part of it is what NEEDS to be done.

You need to feed both sides of you, the side that needs to accomplish things and the side of you that needs some fun (that isn't related to your goals). Find the balance.

Yeah I asked this because I worked really hard this week, but I just reached a point of exhaustion where I knew I couldn't keep this pace up. I took today completely off to just unwind, not by choice but because I had worked my body and mind to the point of exhaustion that I really couldn't keep going like I have this past week. What I want to do is make it so I can get in a routine that can allow me not to have these breakdowns so I can continue at a pace where I won't need a break but will be able to just keep going. Instead of just running into exhaustion where I literally just have to stop.

This exhaustion caught me by surprise because I felt so good with all that I was accomplishing but all of a sudden I just physically couldn't do anything because I was just at that breaking point. I'd rather not have this happen again where I take a whole day off and do nothing, I need to find a way to work steadily each day instead of all or nothing.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah I asked this because I worked really hard this week, but I just reached a point of exhaustion where I knew I couldn't keep this pace up. I took today completely off to just unwind, not by choice but because I had worked my body and mind to the point of exhaustion that I really couldn't keep going like I have this past week. What I want to do is make it so I can get in a routine that can allow me not to have these breakdowns so I can continue at a pace where I won't need a break but will be able to just keep going. Instead of just running into exhaustion where I literally just have to stop.

This exhaustion caught me by surprise because I felt so good with all that I was accomplishing but all of a sudden I just physically couldn't do anything because I was just at that breaking point. I'd rather not have this happen again where I take a whole day off and do nothing, I need to find a way to work steadily each day instead of all or nothing.
I have had problems with boredom. That's one reason I like to have time, maybe during the second half of the day, just to do things I like to do.

Upvote 0