Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
In Mark 9:23, “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.”

Indeed, within each one of us, there is a powerful force called faith. And this force can be used to accomplish all of our goals. So why is it that many of us lead broken and weak lives. The answer is that many of us do not know how to activate our faith.

I had recently stumbled upon a book that may show us how. This book is entitled "It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!" This book lays out an action plan to activate one's faith in accomplishing goals. Here goes:

Three Positive Rules Of Accomplishment
1. Read the list of what you want three times each day: morning, noon, and night.
2. Think of what you want as often as possible.
3. Do not talk to any one about your plan except to the Great Power within you which will unfold to your Objective Mind the method of accomplishment.

In my opinion, this action plan is simple, concise, and commonsensical. I believe that even if a complete loser followed this plan, he would succeed with mathematical certainty.

What do you think?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
within each one of us, there is a powerful force called faith. And this force can be used to accomplish all of our goals.

Clearly you have never read, said or understood what is called the Lord's Prayer.
I am thinking of the line that contradicts everything you have written or read namely.

". Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven "

If one is praying that then one cannot also be using faith in a pagan manipulation of events to benefit oneself.

The Christians purpose is to server Jesus, not self.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In Mark 9:23, “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.”

I know a lot of people can roll in a lot of doubt and unbelief and denial of how one can apply this verse which is going into a ditch....but....there is a ditch on the other side of the road too. Will God honor me seeking to believe about ANYTHING? I think not. If I said to the Lord I'm believing to walk on the Moon tonight that doesn't mean I'm going to walk on the Moon. I think the Lord would say we're to understand context.

Indeed, within each one of us, there is a powerful force called faith. And this force can be used to accomplish all of our goals. So why is it that many of us lead broken and weak lives. The answer is that many of us do not know how to activate our faith.

This forum is Word of Faith and I'd say that's pretty much what I am.....about salvation, healing, deliverence etc. Alll people need to keep balanced on some things though.

I had recently stumbled upon a book that may show us how. This book is entitled "It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!" This book lays out an action plan to activate one's faith in accomplishing goals. Here goes:

Some little booklet can be beneficial. Keep in mind they're dealing with basic principles of things. One may know what propels and activates a car......ignition, and engine etc. Keep in mind though one better make sure they have tires on the rims. Booklets can give one basic understandings of things to get one on the right track BUT other knowledge of Biblical things needs to support the system.

1. Read the list of what you want three times each day: morning, noon, and night.

I wouldn't make that a legalism thing that., "Oh NO! I forgot to think about whatever in the afternoon." I get the basic idea though......try to keep the vision of your requests and desires before you.

3. Do not talk to any one about your plan except to the Great Power within you which will unfold to your Objective Mind the method of accomplishment.

Sorry but I think this goes into the ditch of New Age mantra.Why would you refer to Jesus or the Holy Spirit as merely the Great Power within you. If you're talking about we human beings have great power within us, meaning of ourselves in who we are....well doing so we'd be going down a non-Christian road.

In my opinion, this action plan is simple, concise, and commonsensical. I believe that even if a complete loser followed this plan, he would succeed with mathematical certainty.

So why would you say that. I read the three steps. I don't see anything in them about asking the Father In Jesus Name what God said to us about prayer. So how does just thinking about your goals translate into seeing them fulfilled?

What do you think?

You lost me when you referred to the Great Power within one. I think you need to define what you mean.

• Informative
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

I think faith is not about accomplishing my goals or your goals. Faith in Christ is about the diminishing of self, growth of Christ in our life and yielding our goals and aspirations to His and trusting Him to provide the means, the path and the victory. Not I but Christ in me. God is not all that interested in what my goals are or yours. He is interested in whether or not we will align our life to His will in order for His goals to be accomplished. Jesus said I only do the will of Him who sent me, His father our God. Christ subjected Himself to the Father when He laid aside His own glory to become a man. Oh that we would amplify that aspect of Christ in our lives. I include myself in that.

• Agree
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

Hi Al Gammate,

Faith is not a force nor has any power. God is all-powerful - not faith. Also, the verse you quoted to "prove" that anything can be done or achieved if one has enough faith has been taken out of context and contradicts other verses of Scripture.

The role of believers is to yield ourselves and lives to Jesus and submit to His will for us, not vice-versa. Furthermore, we are not God's puppeteer nor is He at our mercy. That is completely backward from what the Scriptures teach. Spiritual maturity begins once you understand that basic tenant of the faith and learn your role in your relationship with Jesus vs. His.

It is interesting to note that in response to Jesus' words to this desperate father in Mark 9, Jesus moved and delivered this man's possessed son in spite of his lack of faith. His words to Jesus immediately following His statement were, "I believe! Help my unbelief!"

Please take some classes on proper Bible interpretation (Hermeneutics). It will serve you and those you minister to well.

Blessings!

Upvote 0