• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Use your sensitivity to approach God more.

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,103.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So recently I posted about how I managed to overcome OCD, and I happen to find that I have more, so this is not going to be my last thread but this will help you maintain a stable mindset if you have OCD and maybe also if you don't.

It is about Lifestyle, have you ever heard music and felt an inner resistance towards it? Or have you watched a TV program and felt that you are gradually moving away from God even if you hadn't sinned? Here is the problem, as we carry OCD, we are extremely sensitive to what we interact with, and what you do everyday contributes to the stability of your thoughts. (I also believe that if you don't have OCD you may still acquire that sensitivity as a result of your relationship with the Holy Spirit, I just hope if someone here who doesn't have OCD tells me.)

In the last few years after I accepted Christ, I was normally listening to modern violent music, or watching "mainstream" movies that neglect God's values and carry a lot of rebellious acts, maybe in the beginning I was far from God but I was approaching slowly, by the time I started feeling resistance towards these, even some music that is "only" an instrumental, what sorts of values did an instrumental break anyway? Later I would know that this sort of music was done by groups who preach different/contrary values to God's values, pay attention that you are not opposing arts that is done by someone who is non-Christian, you are JUST opposing arts that are done in a rebellious manner against God/ by non-Christians who preach against God's values.

In Short: When your soul feels pain, stop what you are doing, it will decrease your inner peace slowly, and the less the inner peace, the more you will think negatively, don't read/listen/watch/speak about something if it hurts your soul as it will increase the distance between you and God and hence the negative thoughts.

First Post: Pathway to freedom from OCD!

Last edited: