USA 2-2 Slovenia - Best US game ever... Worst officiated game ever!

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow... anyone else watching that game?? US down 2-0 at half-time, but come back in the 2nd to score two points, and a third point that would have made it a USA win if it wasn't for the WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Slovenia, I salute you... you guys played like lions. Still, USA should have won that one.

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't get see the game but I was paying attention to the score at work. Sad we got robbed by bad officiating.

Oh well if England takes care of business against Slovenia and we can beat Algeria, we can still advance.

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't get see the game but I was paying attention to the score at work. Sad we got robbed by bad officiating.

Oh well if England takes care of business against Slovenia and we can beat Algeria, we can still advance.

Thanks for adding this. I was curious about the scenarios after this match. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha, no.

The worst officiating game was Ireland-France in the qualifying round....I'm not even an Irish person and there were so many bad calls it cost them the game.

As I said, worst officiating game I have ever seen - I didn't see that game, but then both calls were goal-robbers... but what makes the call against the US so bad was not only the off-sides call, but the ref missing two---TWO---penalties against Slovenia that would have also given us a free kick.

You think this is bad only because it's you this time.

Uh, no.... because it WAS bad period. Even the English thought it was the worst officiating in the World Cup thus far.... what the hell does it have to do with just being "me"?

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Compared to the German game before hand, the ref for the USA one was fine, the call before the last goal wasn't great, but at least he kept the cards down.

Then buddy, I think you're blind or bias or maybe even both. ;) Even your own BBC agrees with me... and they certainly are no fan of the US. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
not blind just got my new glasses at the weekend, and as to bias, I've not picked a team to back yet. I was mainly watching to avoid doing the mowing >_>

LOL, I can certainly understand that. ;) Speaking of which, I really need to mow too...hey, since the game is over, and you're not doing anything at the moment.... ;)

Cheers!

P.S. That German call was pretty wicked.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Uh, no.... because it WAS bad period. Even the English thought it was the worst officiating in the World Cup thus far.... what the hell does it have to do with just being "me"?
Two words: Armando Galarraga.

Since you're not a Tigers fan, you probably didn't care that much. But if you were, you'd feel exactly the same as you do now.

Bad calls are a part of football.....you just get used to it.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm just depressed that the ref robbed the US of 3 points.

I know. :sigh: It was such a great goal too... and then to have two holds against our players also go uncalled there just added insult to injury.

Still, it was a GREAT game... sorry you missed it at work!

Upvote 0

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way...

Ireland - France game... I agree, that was BAD. I had a good laugh when they were drawing the teams and Charlize Theron, after France being pulled, said, "Sometimes no comment speaks louder than words." She's a fan of the Irish like myself. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jameseb

Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed, it was completely ridiculous.
That ref needed a ref. Some kind of accountability would be fantastic. The U.S. should have won that game.

I know... that's something I don't like about soccer - like football, they should have coach challenges, or at least someone in the "box" that can override really bad calls like that.

Upvote 0

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea is that you have to beat the other team as well as the bad officiating. Where bad officiating gets mind numbing is either on a stage like this or when it can impact a defining moment in an athlete's career (in baseball, see Armando Galarraga's "perfect game" ruined by an incorrect call). Officiating is the major reason I can longer watch the NBA since stars are protected so much that it's not even funny.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know... that's something I don't like about soccer - like football, they should have coach challenges, or at least someone in the "box" that can override really bad calls like that.

It would upset the flow of the game. In football the ref can stop the clock and review it.

Soccer the clock never stops.

Officiating is the major reason I can longer watch the NBA since stars are protected so much that it's not even funny.

I always felt like when Jordan was with the Bulls he got away with a lot.

Upvote 0