Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't make any difference all those things are crimes making those people criminals.
The assertion made was that homosexuality is a minority. I asked if it was a minority such as what I posted. They are all sins - hence, not a minority

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The assertion made was that homosexuality is a minority. I asked if it was a minority such as what I posted. They are all sins - hence, not a minority
That is funny because they were responding to your posts which originally said .....
Except, homosexuals are not minorities.....they are just plain sinners.

Yeah, they are a minority. Deal with it.

No - just sinners looking to have their sin affirmed. Christians don't affirm sin.

So the posts are about people not sins being minorities.
I understand what you are trying to say but when it comes to the laws of the land, the Constitution, and how those laws effect people doing business under them, if a Christian business owner wants to prove their case in court, or as in the case of the Colorado bakery, for the Supreme Court to rule in their favor, they will have to use these laws to do that. They also have to use the legal definitions of words in the law.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is funny because they were responding to your posts which originally said .....

So the posts are about people not sins being minorities.
I understand what you are trying to say but when it comes to the laws of the land, the Constitution, and how those laws effect people doing business under them, if a Christian business owner wants to prove their case in court, or as in the case of the Colorado bakery, for the Supreme Court to rule in their favor, they will have to use these laws to do that. They also have to use the legal definitions of words in the law.
The choice of sin, does not make one a minority.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The choice of sin, does not make one a minority.
That's true.
I'm not an attorney or an expert of any kind in the law but I would say that a group that is considered to be a minority is a group who has less power, especially politically, than the majority.
Laws have been written to protect these groups from being treated differently than the more powerful majority.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true.
I'm not an attorney or an expert of any kind in the law but I would say that a group that is considered to be a minority is a group who has less power, especially politically, than the majority.
Laws have been written to protect these groups from being treated differently than the more powerful majority.
But nothing has made them a minority. They are just a group of sinners with a God defying behaviour.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But nothing has made them a minority. They are just a group of sinners with a God defying behaviour.

Homosexuals constitute less than 5% of the population, hence they are a minority group. Are they sinners? Some probably are just as some heterosexuals probably are too. Quite a few Christians no longer regard homosexuality as sinful in and of itself. Quite a few homosexuals are Christians as well. Just like with heterosexuals, the vast majority of homosexuals are ordinary, hard working, honest, law abiding citizens. Very, very few are criminals. And yet they are targeted by ignorant people. That is why they are a protected group.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All religious groups are protected by the same laws. What Made all these different religious groups choose the religion that they did? Wasn't it a choice that they made?
You and I would agree that not all religions are of God and yet they are all protected from discrimination by the accommodation laws.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuals constitute less than 5% of the population, hence they are a minority group. Are they sinners? Some probably are just as some heterosexuals probably are too. Quite a few Christians no longer regard homosexuality as sinful in and of itself. Quite a few homosexuals are Christians as well. Just like with heterosexuals, the vast majority of homosexuals are ordinary, hard working, honest, law abiding citizens. Very, very few are criminals. And yet they are targeted by ignorant people. That is why they are a protected group.
Jack, Jesus said that He will forgive and heal us of our sin should we repent.
Christians know that homosexuality is a sin because Christ taught so.
Homosexuals are sinners just like anyone else, and they need to repent of their sin to have a relationship with Jesus, then they will be Christians.
Hebrews 10:26-27New International Version (NIV)
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Christ has taught that homosexuals will not see the Kingdom of Heaven.

They are not a "protected group". They are merely sinners, like thieves and murderers, who need to repent of their sin.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All religious groups are protected by the same laws. What Made all these different religious groups choose the religion that they did? Wasn't it a choice that they made?
You and I would agree that not all religions are of God and yet they are all protected from discrimination by the accommodation laws.[/QUOTE
Christ taught that homosexuals are sinners.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christ has taught that homosexuals will not see the Kingdom of Heaven.

I cannot think of a single instance in scripture where Jesus said anything at all about homosexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot think of a single instance in scripture where Jesus said anything at all about homosexuality.
Are you telling me that you don't know that Jesus is the Christ - God in the flesh? (John 1:5)
Are you telling me that you don't know that scripture is the breathed word of God? (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
The first admonition against homosexuality occurs in Leviticus:
Leviticus 18:22 - 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 – If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

With the warning of Sodom and Gomorrah beforehand.

The last, or close to last would be:
Revelation 22: 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Christ said that He would forgive and heal us of our sin, should we repent.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you telling me that you don't know that Jesus is the Christ - God in the flesh? (John 1:5)

I know that is the belief of some. It is not my belief.

Are you telling me that you don't know that scripture is the breathed word of God? (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Leviticus 18:22 - 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 – If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Such an act was considered as an "abomination" for several reasons. The Hebrew prescientific understanding was that male sperm contained the whole of nascent life. With no knowledge of eggs and ovulation, it was assumed that the woman provided only the incubating space. Hence the spilling of sperm for any non-procreative purpose -- in coitus interruptus (Gen 38:1-11), male homosexual acts or male masturbation -- was considered tantamount to abortion or murder. (Female homosexual acts and masturbation were consequently not so seriously regarded.) One can appreciate how a tribe struggling to populate a country in which its people were outnumbered would value procreation highly, but such values are rendered questionable in a world facing total annihilation through overpopulation.

In addition, when a man acted like a woman sexually, male dignity was compromised. It was a degradation, not only in regard to himself, but for every other male. The patriarchalism of Hebrew culture shows its hand in the very formulation of the commandment, since no similar stricture was formulated to forbid homosexual acts between females. And the repugnance felt toward homosexuality was not just that it was deemed unnatural but also that it was considered unJewish, representing yet one more incursion of pagan civilization into Jewish life. On top of that is the more universal repugnance heterosexuals tend to feel for acts and orientations foreign to them. (Left-handedness has evoked something of the same response in many cultures).

Ezekiel 16:9 -- "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

God bless you.

God bless you too.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Such an act was considered as an "abomination" for several reasons. The Hebrew prescientific understanding was that male sperm contained the whole of nascent life. With no knowledge of eggs and ovulation, it was assumed that the woman provided only the incubating space. Hence the spilling of sperm for any non-procreative purpose -- in coitus interruptus (Gen 38:1-11), male homosexual acts or male masturbation -- was considered tantamount to abortion or murder. (Female homosexual acts and masturbation were consequently not so seriously regarded.) One can appreciate how a tribe struggling to populate a country in which its people were outnumbered would value procreation highly, but such values are rendered questionable in a world facing total annihilation through overpopulation.

In addition, when a man acted like a woman sexually, male dignity was compromised. It was a degradation, not only in regard to himself, but for every other male. The patriarchalism of Hebrew culture shows its hand in the very formulation of the commandment, since no similar stricture was formulated to forbid homosexual acts between females. And the repugnance felt toward homosexuality was not just that it was deemed unnatural but also that it was considered unJewish, representing yet one more incursion of pagan civilization into Jewish life. On top of that is the more universal repugnance heterosexuals tend to feel for acts and orientations foreign to them. (Left-handedness has evoked something of the same response in many cultures).

Ezekiel 16:9 -- "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

God bless you too.
So you reject Christ's Word. I see. Well then, may God bless you. I pray you will one day have a relationship with Him where you will be able to understand His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't agree at all. The silliness of some humans giving their pets human qualities, behaviors, characters, etc. has nothing to do with Serious Human Relationships.

I don't remember the DOG Marriage issue coming up with either bakery in any serious discussions about the law. Please provide support for this silliness.
I'm sure you don't want to agree, or even consider, but it remains the elephant in the living room.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
There are more than 70 abominations listed in the bible, most of which I am sure you are happy to ignore.
Christmas trees, easter eggs, poly-cotton blend shirts, roses, wedding rings, the banking industry, tattoos are all abominations.

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.' Ezekiel 16:49

The last, or close to last would be:
Revelation 22: 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
It's always amazing to me how the unchanging word of God changes so regularly

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
poly-cotton blend shirts
Are NOT an "abomination."

The prohibition is mixing plant (flax) and animal (wool). Polyester is from petroleum which is also plant based.

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are more than 70 abominations listed in the bible, most of which I am sure you are happy to ignore.
Christmas trees, easter eggs, poly-cotton blend shirts, roses, wedding rings, the banking industry, tattoos are all abominations.

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.' Ezekiel 16:49

It's always amazing to me how the unchanging word of God changes so regularly
Actually, it doesn't. If there were 4000 examples of abominations in the Bible, it would not lessen the filthiness of sin. You forgot about verse 50 also.

Christ taught that homosexuals will not see the Kingdom of Heaven. He did say that He would forgive and heal us of our sin, should we repent.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, it doesn't. If there were 4000 examples of abominations in the Bible, it would not lessen the filthiness of sin. You forgot about verse 50 also.
so you are ignoring 3999 abominations.

Christ taught that homosexuals will not see the Kingdom of Heaven.
Where?

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you reject Christ. I see. Well then, may God bless you. I pray you will one day have a relationship with Him.

(Ambassador hat on)
FYI (because I see you don't have a lot of posts and haven't been a member long): It is the against the rules of this website to state or imply that a Christian member is not a Christian as it considered flaming. Please edit your post, thank you!
(Ambassador hat off)

Upvote 0