Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am starting this thread because after this election, when Trump is whining about tampering, we can all remember the steps his partner in crime took to disenfranchise American voters. You shouldn't pretend this is happenning. Republicans AND Democrats SHOULD be up in arms over this stuff.

It's a shame that GOOD news papers have paywalls up on their site. The news sites that have newsrooms that investigate and interview and do FOI requests. Now we're stuck with the right wing riffraff and second or third tier left leaning sites.

BUT, most of these stories can get multiple sources....
USPS told its postal police officers to stand down, igniting concerns about mail-in ballot security and sparking another lawsuit against the agency | Markets Insider
1) Stopping postal police officers 2 weeks before the election.
No good reason to do this right before an election.

2) A month ago, restrictions were put in place but I guess that wasn't enough for Dejoy so (see 1)
Postal Police Sue USPS, DeJoy Over Restrictions They Claim Put Postal Workers In ‘Danger’

3) Not surprisingly, after dejoy got rid of high capacity sorting machines....
Revealed: evidence shows huge mail slowdowns after Trump ally took over

At what point will Trump supporters recognize this as a threat to democracy? These are TANGIBLE events that are meant to limit votes and discredit your election. This is not "a laptop with a plan to disenfranchise"; this is not "accusations of attempts to disenfranchise".

These are FULL ON, happenning in reality, lending themselves in to chaos, events that CANNOT be denied.

Why aren't you talking about this?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is one of the crimes Trump could be indicted for according to the WAPO article "A rap sheet on the former president."
I doubt a Democratic Administration will act, trying to promote unity and will let New York State bring him to justice, hopefully for many years.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am starting this thread because after this election, when Trump is whining about tampering, we can all remember the steps his partner in crime took to disenfranchise American voters. You shouldn't pretend this is happenning. Republicans AND Democrats SHOULD be up in arms over this stuff.

It's a shame that GOOD news papers have paywalls up on their site. The news sites that have newsrooms that investigate and interview and do FOI requests. Now we're stuck with the right wing riffraff and second or third tier left leaning sites.

USPS told its postal police officers to stand down, igniting concerns about mail-in ballot security and sparking another lawsuit against the agency | Markets Insider

2) A month ago, restrictions were put in place but I guess that wasn't enough for Dejoy so (see 1)
Postal Police Sue USPS, DeJoy Over Restrictions They Claim Put Postal Workers In ‘Danger’

At what point will Trump supporters recognize this as a threat to democracy? These are TANGIBLE events that are meant to limit votes and discredit your election. This is not "a laptop with a plan to disenfranchise"; this is not "accusations of attempts to disenfranchise".

These are FULL ON, happenning in reality, lending themselves in to chaos, events that CANNOT be denied.

I like Forbes, pretty good magazine.

At any rate, from your second link the writer says:

"Partenheimer said the agency “does not comment on matters involving pending litigation.” “However, we would like to point out that the underlying factual and legal issues raised in this complaint arose well before Louis DeJoy began his service as the Postmaster General,” Partenheimer added. The lawsuit notes that Deputy Chief Inspector of the Postal Service Craig Goldberg testified in February, before DeJoy took office in June, “that he did not know” whether Postal Police had jurisdiction off USPS premises and may be “exposing themselves to civil liability” if they performed off-premises law enforcement duties

So, we have a question that's been up in the air and untried, known for a good while, even to Congress.

This postal inspector has had since he took office in June 5 months to look into the issue, which I'm sure he's done.

Going into a presidential election where voting will be under different circumstances than this country has ever held; in which the results promise to be one of the most heavily litigated in U.S. history, and yeah he's covering his rear.

I don't see how anyone could fault him really, for trying to protect the post office from unnecessary suits that could damage the postal service irreparably.

Is it a bad time? Yes... they should have made certain long ago that they were operating within the law, but you can't actually blame the guy whose inherited a problem he's now trying to protect the post office from.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Way I look at it for one thing is if I would not trust money in the mail I will certainly not trust my vote. I would not mail $500 so why would I mail my vote?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Way I look at it for one thing is if I would not trust money in the mail I will certainly not trust my vote. I would not mail $500 so why would I mail my vote?
Here's a TOTALLY shocking set of questions:

What if it's not about you and your specific circumstance?
What if people have very legitimate reasons to vote by mail?
What if, it's been a process that has been a part of the American democracy for, literally (?) centuries?
What if, if you don't trust the mail service to mail $500 dollars through the mail, that MAYBE getting rid of postal police is ACTUALLY a bad thing?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People mail checks, money orders and gift cards all the time. I buy things over the internet. And always get what I ordered. In the mail.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I like Forbes, pretty good magazine.

At any rate, from your second link the writer says:

"Partenheimer said the agency “does not comment on matters involving pending litigation.” “However, we would like to point out that the underlying factual and legal issues raised in this complaint arose well before Louis DeJoy began his service as the Postmaster General,” Partenheimer added. The lawsuit notes that Deputy Chief Inspector of the Postal Service Craig Goldberg testified in February, before DeJoy took office in June, “that he did not know” whether Postal Police had jurisdiction off USPS premises and may be “exposing themselves to civil liability” if they performed off-premises law enforcement duties

So, we have a question that's been up in the air and untried, known for a good while, even to Congress.

This postal inspector has had since he took office in June 5 months to look into the issue, which I'm sure he's done.

Going into a presidential election where voting will be under different circumstances than this country has ever held; in which the results promise to be one of the most heavily litigated in U.S. history, and yeah he's covering his rear.
He's CATAGORICALLY not covering his rear. He is compromising the integrity of ballot boxes and the safety of postal delivery workers. He does not have a FOLLOW UP plan in place.
If he was covering his rear and had an interest in maintaining integrity of the election infrastructure involved involving the UPS he would NOT take a step like htis without having a SIGNIFICANT back up plan to maintain that integrity.
You can cover your rear and still maintain integrity. He is actively avoiding the latter.

I don't see how anyone could fault him really, for trying to protect the post office from unnecessary suits that could damage the postal service irreparably.
The post office has existed for 50 years and now, 2 weeks before an election, this actions HAS to be taken....couldn't wait til AFTER the election?
Balderdash. Utter balderdash.

Is it a bad time? Yes... they should have made certain long ago that they were operating within the law, but you can't actually blame the guy whose inherited a problem he's now trying to protect the post office from.
What? They were operating within the law beforehand! I mean, considering the UTTER sham city and other jurisdictional police service trials are, why are they worried about this now?

I would posit it is SUCH a bad time that they should wait til after the election. In the meantime, given the USPS police are responsible for monitoring postal infrastructure, who is doing it now? Is that being taken over by local police bodies? And if so, why?

Thank you for your reply. I can see there is a response that could support it. But I fundamentally disagree with your reasoning and premise and think it is a dangerous reasoning. Lastly, I would suggest that when Trump questions mail in balloting, I will expect his supporters to be VERY aware of the steps Dejoy (ie. Trump) took to sabotage the results. I can only hope Republicans see this behaviour as conspiratorial and wait until the last minute to vote. They can TRUST their president and his subordinates are doing the right thing to preserve their democratic right to vote.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I mailed my ballot on Tuesday.
Yesterday, Wednesday, I got an email from my county election board saying that they’ve received it and accepted it.
The system works!

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I mailed my ballot on Tuesday.
Yesterday, Wednesday, I got an email from my county election board saying that they’ve received it and accepted it.
The system works!
The system workED...for you.
There are problems in the system. Curious if you happen to live in a red/blue state/county?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
you'll have to excuse my ignorance (Canadian)....is that a red/blue area?
Blue-purple (dark purple)
James Carville said:
Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The news sites that have newsrooms that investigate and interview and do FOI requests.

Speaking of FOIA requests...

<link to the calendar docs>

USPS Finally Releases Louis DeJoy’s Calendar — And Everything’s Redacted
The agency pretended to release the postmaster general’s calendar in a lawsuit looking to get to the bottom of mail slowdowns ahead of the election.

The calendar, disclosed in an ongoing lawsuit brought by liberal legal group American Oversight, does not specify on the document why the appointments were redacted. Though redactions to documents released through FOIA are common, the agency must cite specific exemptions detailed in the law.

An accompanying letter says that the withheld portions concerned trade secrets, privileged interagency communications, and personnel records that would raise privacy concerns.

“Shrouding his calendar in secrecy likely violates the letter of the law, and certainly violates its spirit,” Austin Evers, the executive director of American Oversight, wrote in an email to HuffPost. “DeJoy works for the public, but you wouldn’t know it from his calendar. Even in the Trump era, this is an extraordinary level of obfuscation.”

5fd926ea240000c00d40bcb5.png

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At what point will Trump supporters recognize this as a threat to democracy?
For years now, they have been claiming that "the USA is not a democracy, but a republic", so presumably they're fine with our democracy going down the drain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums