✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say weather plays a bigger factor

i.e. Colorado weather allows people to get outside almost year round to hike, bike, ski, etc
sun quickly melts snow with so many sunny days

Colorado Is Magical

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not CUT & DRIED or 100% ACCURATE, but I think it's pretty clear if you look closely at the MAPS, you will see that the HEALTHIEST STATES are for the most part DEMOCRAT States. Yellow & Green are the LEAST OBESE States & Orange & Red are the MOST OBESE States.

Obesity in AmericaView attachment 299561

POLITICAL MAP of the US

View attachment 299563
To me, this is especially sad, because I believe that Christians should fall into the Republican side of the equation (if for no other reason than just the PRO-LIFE issue alone.) Sadly, I think that this is an accurate representation on Christianity as a whole, today. Most Christians are not very interested in Health. Most Christians don't believe they have a real responsibility to take care of their bodies. Most Christians eat and drink whatever they desire and as much of it as they desire. Self-control and being temperate is hardly thought about in mainline Christianity. How sad it must make God to see that those who don't even claim to be His children take better care of their health than those who do claim to be His children.
I think the map shows where the better food is at.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was looking at what the CDC says:
  • Non-Hispanic Black adults (49.6%) had the highest age-adjusted prevalence of obesity, followed by Hispanic adults (44.8%), non-Hispanic White adults (42.2%) and non-Hispanic Asian adults (17.4%).
Do you still think the problem is conservatism? Because the way you explain obesity in the USA, kind of leaves out the highest risk demographics who certainty don't vote Republican.

Does your criticism of conservative Christians apply to black democrats?

So, even though they are not "Conservative" in their Politics, Blacks do tend very much to consider themselves Christian, and they have fallen for the teaching that it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you pray over it. They ARE who makes up a LARGE % of the BIBLE BELT in the South....where the most OBESITY is.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Over indulgence is a sin and the overwhelming majority of obesity is a result of over indulgence, so it’s really not that surprising looking at those maps.

I’ve always been reminded of the irony of a morbidly obese person criticising homosexuals for living in open rebellion against God despite their own outward appearance being an indictment of their own rebellion. See it all the time.

The sin of over indulgence has been normalised.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Over indulgence is a sin and the overwhelming majority of obesity is a result of over indulgence, so it’s really not that surprising looking at those maps.

I’ve always been reminded of the irony of a morbidly obese person criticising homosexuals for living in open rebellion against God despite their own outward appearance being an indictment of their own rebellion. See it all the time.

The sin of over indulgence has been normalised.
Couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for posting TRUTH :)

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We have a health video--"Forks Over Knives."

In it, a black leader (I think he was a mayor somewhere), says, "Poor people make poor decisions." (He said that applied to their food choices also.)

I think poor people in general don't eat as healthfully as more affluent people. (Poor people don't exercise as much as affluent people either.) Of course, as always, there are exceptions to that.

Part of this is due to the cost of healthy food and Ill pick on fast food restaurants. Wendy's has some really healthy salads, low carbs depending on the dressing you get, at $8. But you can get a burger, fries and a soft drink for $5.

Even at the grocery store, comfort food is far less expensive than healthier options.

Living here in the south, the buffets are the worst. $15 for all you can eat of some of the heaviest and worst food money can buy. I'm looking at you Golden Corral.

HR%20plate%20full.jpeg

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But isn't it true that if you do really well in one area, the devil will come find you somewhere else? For instance, I see a lot of what one might consider health "fanatics" who denigrate non-healthy people for their choices, or even denigrate a lot of different types of people for various perceived failures... One might consider that the sin of pride - feeling superior over others.

My guess is that there's really no escaping evil, because it always finds our weakest spot, and begins attacking there, wherever that might be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Other outwardly upstanding people I know, such as preachers and pastors, have been known to have affairs, and then those with perfect credit scores seem to almost worship money as a kind of idol. The highly intelligent denigrate the fool, and the rich man denigrates the poor, etc., and so on.

...IMO, we all end up with one vice or another. We can attempt to pick and choose, but perfection seems perpetually out of reach, in the grand scheme, because of Satan's fluidity and ability to adapt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I worked as a meat cutter at a supermarket on the edge of a large black neighborhood. In an effort to attract black consumers we sold "soul food" in the form of these pig parts:

Ears, cheeks, snouts, tails, feet, stomachs, intestines (chitterlings), displayed in the fresh and frozen meat counter.

I never saw a single black person buy these items during my shift, however we had to restock the counter several times per week. I asked the store manager who was buying this stuff. He said the black people came in at night just before closing and virtually cleaned out the display.

It would be interesting to know how these foods were prepared, but I don't think there is much nutrition in the skin and grizzle of these pig parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I worked as a meat cutter at a supermarket on the edge of a large black neighborhood. In an effort to attract black consumers we sold "soul food" in the form of these pig parts:

Ears, cheeks, snouts, tails, feet, stomachs, intestines (chitterlings), displayed in the fresh and frozen meat counter.

I never saw a single black person buy these items during my shift, however we had to restock the counter several times per week. I asked the store manager who was buying this stuff. He said the black people came in at night just before closing and virtually cleaned out the display.

It would be interesting to know how these foods were prepared, but I don't think there is much nutrition in the skin and grizzle of these pig parts.
Haven't NEVER even tasted a bite of animal flesh, I cannot comprehend eating such things... I believe that our food has a MENTAL effect on us, as well as a physical effect. MEAT makes people more AGGRESSIVE & CARNAL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Chitterlings are cleaned, cleaned again, and cleaned before boiled with a heavy load of spices. Same with pepper pot soup which uses stomach linings of a cow. I'll have tripe in pho soup.

Pig skin can be fried up and used for a snack.

Greeks pretty much use all the meat from the Easter lambs. Organs are diced up for a soup. The whole lamb is then roasted over an open pit fire and we'll get down to the bone on that.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One issue I have not seen discussed is how manufacturing hides sugars and fats under different names so when one reads ingredients there are multiple sources listed under names we cannot recognize. Then they marking this garbage as "healthy food" when its not.

Further, children learn how to eat from their parents. If parents have bad habits and poor cooking techniques so will the kids.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chitterlings are cleaned, cleaned again, and cleaned before boiled with a heavy load of spices. Same with pepper pot soup which uses stomach linings of a cow. I'll have tripe in pho soup.

Pig skin can be fried up and used for a snack.

Greeks pretty much use all the meat from the Easter lambs. Organs are diced up for a soup. The whole lamb is then roasted over an open pit fire and we'll get down to the bone on that.

Then there's "haggis". :yum:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One issue I have not seen discussed is how manufacturing hides sugars and fats under different names so when one reads ingredients there are multiple sources listed under names we cannot recognize. Then they marking this garbage as "healthy food" when its not.

Further, children learn how to eat from their parents. If parents have bad habits and poor cooking techniques so will the kids.

True. When I was a kid I played with other 'slender' kids whose parents were overweight, only to see them also become overweight as they grew older.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haven't NEVER even tasted a bite of animal flesh, I cannot comprehend eating such things... I believe that our food has a MENTAL effect on us, as well as a physical effect. MEAT makes people more AGGRESSIVE & CARNAL.

That only affects Latins. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then there's "hagus". :yum:

If you're gonna be makin fun of me Scot heritage, get the spellin rite! HAGGIS! The closing of "Address to a Haggis"

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if Ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis!

You Pow'rs, that make mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill of fare,
Old Scotland wants no watery ware
That slops in bowls:
But, if You wish her grateful prayer,
Give her a Haggis!

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you're gonna be makin fun of me Scot heritage, get the spellin rite! HAGGIS! The closing of "Address to a Haggis"

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if Ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis!

You Pow'rs, that make mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill of fare,
Old Scotland wants no watery ware
That slops in bowls:
But, if You wish her grateful prayer,
Give her a Haggis!

Changed it. Thanks.

Reactions: GreekOrthodox
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

WADDYAMEAN AGGRESSIVE AND CARNAL...WHY I OUGHT POUND YOU! :mad: (Soon as I finish this here steak.) :yum:

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to see the study that demonstrates this. How do you feel about fish?

Upvote 0