• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

US now has most COVID-19 deaths, surpassing Italy (ETA: more than Italy per capita)

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,819
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Let's see if you can guys can make 200k. I believe in you!

2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Californians are also younger and healthier than most, including the seniors.

3. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,819
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I've heard they have the youngest 80 year olds in the western hemisphere.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,338
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Shouldn't be a problem. We can bank about another 15k now. For every 30,000 we confirm, we lose about 2,250 over the next 2-3 weeks. Most of our confirmed are symptomatic at the moment. So, we get to 2.7 mil of those and we should be able to bank 200k US dead.

We have roughly 1/3 of the total worldwide confirmed cases, 2.7 mil and the worldwide cases are roughly 200k deaths (or will be shortly). So I feel that this is a very achievable goal for the end of the year with a lot of people working towards it.

5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,239
    Atheist
    Private
    Is there any data showing that this matters? I mean, they also have a higher number of minority residents as well. And also more baseball teams named the Giants. Not sure if there's reason to think any of those facts are relevant.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    If "70 is the new 50", 80 would be the new...57! :clap:

7. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,533
    Christian
    I am seeing that it helps people get discharged without being intubated. People in their 70s who leave the hospital and drive themselves home. Our head infectious disease doctor is very involved in many of the studies for the various drug studies. Where are you getting your information?

8. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+9,711
    Atheist
    Single
    Studies such as this one:

Hydroxychloroquine study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking drug for Covid-19 - CNN

"In the study of 368 patients, 97 patients who took hydroxychloroquine had a 27.8% death rate. The 158 patients who did not take the drug had an 11.4% death rate.
    "An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs," wrote the authors, who work at the Columbia VA Health Care System in South Carolina, the University of South Carolina and the University of Virginia."

I do believe that is the largest study to date. It is still not large enough to be definitive. It is not perfect, but it is more than those that are touting the drug have:

"In this study, we found no evidence that use of hydroxychloroquine, either with or without azithromycin, reduced the risk of mechanical ventilation in patients hospitalized with Covid-19," the authors wrote.

9. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Michigan's per capita death rate is now higher than Italy's.

The US as a whole has a lower per capita death rate than Italy.

But the per capita case rate in the US (~8,000 per M) is now double that of Italy (~4,000 per M).

10. essentialsaltes

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    A month later, the US has reached ~150,000 deaths, approaching 5 times the toll in Italy. The US has had 4.5 million cases, about 20 times the number Italy had. Per Worldometer, the US death rate per capita has just surpassed that of France. The US is now #8 in deaths per capita among countries with more than a million people. It has 'slipped' lower in the ranking due to Peru and Chile leaping up, but Sweden, Italy, Spain, the UK and Belgium are all relatively stalled, so it's an open question how many of those the US will surpass as it slowly catches them up. I'm guessing the US will never reach #1, if for no other reason, Brazil is making a break for it and will pass the US long before the US passes Belgium.

11. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,732
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes , They do. But I don't believe it's as good as the right wants it to be.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. essentialsaltes

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    The US has now surpassed Italy's death toll per capita.

13. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,338
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Estimation of Excess Deaths From COVID-19 in the United States, March to May 2020

There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122 300 (95% prediction interval, 116 800-127 000) more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year. There were 95 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30, 2020. The number of excess all-cause deaths was 28% higher than the official tally of COVID-19–reported deaths during that period. In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records. There was substantial variability between states in the difference between official COVID-19 deaths and the estimated burden of excess deaths.

14. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+604
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Belarus president unwilling to accept additional terms to get foreign loans

This is how they try to get the other nations to participate in the CONoraviru$$$ plandemic scam. They use the world bank and IMF to pressure them with free money and loans.

Tanzania president did his own INDEPENDENT RESEARCH:

Papayas, goats, used motor oil all tested for coronavirus using different types of testing kits.

15. essentialsaltes

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Supporting the president of Tanzania is not a good look. But please stay on topic. This thread is about the high US COVID-19 death toll in both absolute (#1) and relative terms.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. essentialsaltes

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    The US has now surpassed the UK's death toll per capita.

Spain is probably the next one we'll surpass, though it will be a few weeks. (ETA: no, Spain's also looking bad. Andorra may be the next European country we catch up to.) There are a few Latin American countries between the US and Spain, but sadly deaths there are rising even more rapidly.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020