• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

US now has most COVID-19 deaths, surpassing Italy (ETA: more than Italy per capita)

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Need answers

Need answers Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The poster i quoted said this:

2. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Once community spread occurred, it no longer really mattered. They could have set up screening as they did for the US citizens coming back from China -- although that was a disaster in itself.

3. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,091
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Not if you have to take the subway to work, or work in a crowded warehouse.

4. Skewpoint

Skewpoint Well-Known Member

+785
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    I did put within reason. I should have probably stressed that I mean the people who are going on with life like nothing is wrong at all. Attending parties, going to church, that kind of thing. Cashiers at the grocers can't do it but that's within reason. Getting to work in the only way you can is within reason.
    Sorry my point wasn't clear enough there.

5. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,091
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Got it now.

6. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,533
    Christian
    There will not be an autopsy for most hospital covid death because the "cause of death" is known prior to the death. However, there will likely be a few people who have donated their bodies for medical research and can be studied when this disease calms down.

Truthfully, from where I sit, Trump has been listening to good advisors. The hydroxychlororquine with a z-pack or another antibiotics seems to be working very well at my hospital to keep patients from needing a ventilator. Easter just past and this weekend, the patients on my unit have changed from people who were very sick with Covid to people who had medical conditions that needed treatment AND they also had Covid. Most wouldn't have been admitted only for a Covid positive test. The stats show a downtrend in new cases...and even deaths are starting to go down (faster than expected in my area). We are starting to go back to "normal"...very gradually. The ICUs will take a bit longer because they still are taking care of a lot of very sick people...many who will die yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,239
    Atheist
    Private
    I can tell I've made a solid point when the response is a blatant attempt at a diversion.

8. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,239
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not sure this timeline lines up with reality. Any references for it?

9. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Either the Europeans eat bats, or the disease came from China, through Europe.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  10. Skewpoint

+785
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    If it came from China, through Europe, can you tell me what good the China travel ban did? Regarding a disease, you have to ban all travel or none at all. Ya know, because of how diseases work.

11. OldWiseGuy

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    It slowed the attack on our western flank (a little military jargon there).

12. Skewpoint

+785
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Clearly it did not. (a little common sense jargon there.)

13. OldWiseGuy

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The west coast has done remarkably well all things considered.

14. Skewpoint

+785
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Cool. Irrelevant, but cool.

15. OldWiseGuy

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    It's easier to deal with a brushfire than a forest fire. That's the relevance. ;)

16. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+18,955
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    The US has reached 50,000 deaths, almost twice the toll in Italy.

17. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+11,389
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    There are likely multiple reasons for that. The initial travel ban from China probably helped, since the West coast is more likely to see such visitors.

California also enacted strong shelter-in-place measures sooner than most other parts of the U.S.

18. OldWiseGuy

+9,616
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    And that Californians are younger and healthier than most Americans.

19. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,338
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I believe 50,000 deaths would be an intense but still 'normal' level of flu deaths for a 12 month period in the US. Pretty good achievement for about 2 1/2 months, with the last month slowed by nationwide lockdown and social distancing.

Everything else from now till the end of next January is Bonus Round.

20. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,819
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Hey, so.. are you guys still using hydroxycloroquine after it has been shown multiple times to increase chance of death?