• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

US Military Eastern Orthodox services?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Bipolargirl, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+134
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    so, I just moved to Germany due to my husbands military service and I am looking to go to Orthodox Church and become a catechumen.
    The only one in my area is military.
    My question is does anyone have experience with going to military Eastern Orthodox services?
    I’m going to go and see but I’m mostly curious what others opinions are or if anyone has any experiences they may like to share.
    Thank you for your comments!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+10,616
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I do. they are the same. the only difference is sometimes things can get cut due to training.

3. MariaJLM

MariaJLM Crazy Cat Lady

+1,386
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    CA-Others
    Where in Germany? I'm assuming you're nowhere near Munich and that's a shame since they have their own saint, one of the New Martyrs. Alexander.

4. Bipolargirl

Bipolargirl Wondering many things

+134
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You are correct. Munich is about 4 and a half hours away which would be a bit of a drive to say the least, lol. But, I’ve only been to one (I believe) military Protestant service but that was when I was younger than 10 so I’m not very certain about military worship services. I know I was very excited to learn they had Eastern Orthodox because when I was growing up there was only Catholic and Protestant to choose from.

5. Silverback

Silverback Active Member

+256
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    I think they are the same, but, the sanctuary could look somewhat generic, because it's probably shared with every other faith community on base. The Priest may also be clean shaven.