Earth
✟166,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
so, I just moved to Germany due to my husbands military service and I am looking to go to Orthodox Church and become a catechumen.
The only one in my area is military.
My question is does anyone have experience with going to military Eastern Orthodox services?
I’m going to go and see but I’m mostly curious what others opinions are or if anyone has any experiences they may like to share.
Thank you for your comments!

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where in Germany? I'm assuming you're nowhere near Munich and that's a shame since they have their own saint, one of the New Martyrs. Alexander.
You are correct. Munich is about 4 and a half hours away which would be a bit of a drive to say the least, lol. But, I’ve only been to one (I believe) military Protestant service but that was when I was younger than 10 so I’m not very certain about military worship services. I know I was very excited to learn they had Eastern Orthodox because when I was growing up there was only Catholic and Protestant to choose from.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
so, I just moved to Germany due to my husbands military service and I am looking to go to Orthodox Church and become a catechumen.
The only one in my area is military.
My question is does anyone have experience with going to military Eastern Orthodox services?
I’m going to go and see but I’m mostly curious what others opinions are or if anyone has any experiences they may like to share.
Thank you for your comments!

I think they are the same, but, the sanctuary could look somewhat generic, because it's probably shared with every other faith community on base. The Priest may also be clean shaven.

Upvote 0