US Governtment Still Bleeding 9/11 Fear

HBGary

May 18, 2011
✟866.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The government recommends that Americans who travel abroad should signup to the STEP program.

travel.stateDOTgov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_5557.html

They want your contact information.

From now until 9/12, I am going to avoid any direct contact with the open air because it is full of small aircraft.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They were searching all the DC metro buses that went by the Pentagon station, on Friday. I didn't hear why they did that. There weren't any threats released. I imagine it was just to keep the fear going a little bit longer. I know it worked on a few people who were on the bus.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We the people can't be trusted
The more fascist they become the less they will trust us

Well, we've essentially not had fourth amendment rights for going on ten years now- and it has been extended with the President signing to continue the Patriot Act.

We have roving wire taps, people who live in what the ACLU has termed 'Constitution Free Zones' (which is most of the US population) and those types of stories of fourth amendment violations are paramount, people going through the most ridiculous and invasive searches at airports, people in places like LA county have had their rights violated by the government with illegal searches without warrants, etcetera.

What is amazing is- few people seem to care. They claimed to initially care- but when push comes to shove- time has bred apathy. People blamed Bush- but Obama has continued this mess- they're all working for the same interests! We already live in a police state- and it won't be much longer until they're way more in our faces about it.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
10 years? Gimme a break. McCarthism anyone? The US has lived on the propagation of Fear since WWII. This isn't new, it's not even "again". It's "still"

And if we looked closer, the case could probably be made that it goes back much further than that. Leaders have always known that fear is a great tool for leading the sheep.

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And if we looked closer, the case could probably be made that it goes back much further than that. Leaders have always known that fear is a great tool for leading the sheep.

But in the US it is the norm, and it aint just the leaders. Look at a few of the responses above yours. e.g. Seashale76's response, which is basically "No, don't fear what the government wants you to fear, fear what I want you to fear instead"

My fear can beat up your fear. Seriously.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah- and nothing I said was in any way untrue. I find the concept of our government ignoring the fourth amendment and upholding the Patriot Act to be rather terrifying. It was so easy for them to run rough shod over our rights in the name of protecting us from terrorists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah- and nothing I said was in any way untrue. I find the concept of our government ignoring the fourth amendment and upholding the Patriot Act to be rather terrifying. It was so easy for them to run rough shod over our rights in the name of protecting us from terrorists.

QED

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
10 years? Gimme a break. McCarthism anyone? The US has lived on the propagation of Fear since WWII. This isn't new, it's not even "again". It's "still"

I said ten years because 9/11 happened.....ten years ago.

Upvote 0