US ambassador resigns, saying he can no longer work with Trump

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Do you expect me to believe this, when any one of us can go to any search engine and find numerous examples -- as I did myself a few minutes ago -- of that which you say didn't happen?

Feel free to show us links and provide examples of politicians and the mainstream media upset about only the language Trump used, and not the context in which that language was used. You've provided absolutely zero evidence to support your assertion.

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Yet did not link an example.

I'm still waiting for him to provide the "obvious" evidence that Obama's personal life is fraught with more problems than Trump, as he had claimed, repeated, and failed to support with a shred of evidence.

I'm guessing this will be more of the same.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, please. Every news outlet was screaming the word at the public and doing so with impunity. All they needed to do was add a couple of asterisks in place of letters, and they were golden. But in fact, CNN simply used the word without any camouflage--over 30 times--and they still are on the air, last I looked.
It's true nonetheless. In the end, they decided that if the president said it, they should report it - but it was an editorial quandary to break the taboo.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
  1. whatbogsends said:
    Feel free to show us links and provide examples of politicians and the mainstream media upset about only the language Trump used, and not the context in which that language was used. You've provided absolutely zero evidence to support your assertion....Yet did not link an example...I'm still waiting for him to provide the "obvious" evidence that Obama's personal life is fraught with more problems than Trump, as he had claimed, repeated, and failed to support with a shred of evidence.
Keep trying to change the subject if you must.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Keep trying to change the subject if you must.

You make unsupported claims.

We ask you to substantiate your claims.

Somehow, asking for evidence of your claims is now "changing the subject".

If you're not going to provide evidence of your claims, will you just tell us now?

FYI, your quote is messed up in that post, as you have some things in it attributed to me which I didn't say (I simply quoted from someone else).

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It sure seems like some folks think that if they despise or hate Trump they occupy the moral high ground, utterly amazing. :doh:

When the temperature is near absolute zero it's not hard to get warmer.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, this just doesn't wash or pass the smell test. Do you realize how powerful an ambassador is? In essence, an ambassador is like a miniature President for that region. They aren't just gophers to the White House administration. They actually play a vital and active role with relations between the US and their assigned country.

When you appoint someone to that position and then said someone basically says, "I can't in good faith work for you because I feel your policies are bad for America" ... that is a big deal. THere is no way in which Trump comes out looking good here.

Trump comes on TV and says, "I have the best team, I'm surrounded by the best people"

But then, every time one of these people quit Trump and Trumpers say, "Oh, that person didn't matter, they were meaningless, nothing to see here move along move along..."

Every single time someone quits or resigns or is fired *cough Bannon cough* the spin out of the White House is "no big deal, they weren't important anyways..."

How is this supposed to fill me with confidence that my government is in good hands?

It is one thing to quit a job because you have a better offer or have personal issues or family issues. It is a whole other thing entirely for an Administration to be in such turmoil that the so-called "best people" you have surrounded yourself with, that you hand picked yourself, turn on you or quit your team over and over again blaming the Oval Office in one fashion or another...

Let's not forget the campaign promises of an all-star team of this nation's best and brightest...he literally had Fox and friends jumping for joy at the possibilities of who could be on his cabinet/a part of his administration.

The reality is that he has placed brown-nosing sycophants into positions they're completely incompetent to fill...he's allowed industry insiders into positions where they can benefit themselves the most...he's filled positions with his own incompetent family...

Basically, anyone capable of doing the jobs necessary to get this administration on track have either quit, been fired, or have openly rejected offers from Trump. He's a joke to everyone who understands politics...which explains why there's still a minority of the population who thinks he's doing great.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
..he's filled positions with his own incompetent family....

When he tasked his son-in-law to securer 'Peace in the Middle East', I thought I was dreaming, I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit. When he said, "If you can't figure out peace in the Middle East then nobody can" I wanted to throw a brick through the TV and scream "Who the bleep is this guy and why is some Real Estate Silver Spoon trust fund baby involved in important governmental matters..."

What is worse is the Trump family thinks they belong at the table. They think they are qualified. I tell you, this is pure insanity.

If you went back in time just 12 years ago and pitched this as a script to any Hollywood studio they would have laughed you out of their office....

I tell ya, truth is stranger than fiction...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When he tasked his son-in-law to securer 'Peace in the Middle East', I thought I was dreaming, I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit. When he said, "If you can't figure out peace in the Middle East then nobody can" I wanted to throw a brick through the TV and scream "Who the bleep is this guy and why is some Real Estate Silver Spoon trust fund baby involved in important governmental matters..."

What is worse is the Trump family thinks they belong at the table. They think they are qualified. I tell you, this is pure insanity.

If you went back in time just 12 years ago and pitched this as a script to any Hollywood studio they would have laughed you out of their office....

I tell ya, truth is stranger than fiction...

It isn't the sheer arrogance and incompetence that gets me...it's the fact that people are still excusing this stuff like it's no big deal. It's not normal for a president to be unable to find anyone who will work with them. To say he's doing a terrible job would be putting it mildly at this point.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It isn't the sheer arrogance and incompetence that gets me...it's the fact that people are still excusing this stuff like it's no big deal.

You are so right it's not even funny. Sometimes I feel like he took a giant dump on the Office of the Presidency and then wiped himself with the Constitution... And all the while his supporters are shrugging and saying, "What's the big deal, why are you so upset?"

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are so right it's not even funny. Sometimes I feel like he took a giant dump on the Office of the Presidency and then wiped himself with the Constitution... And all the while his supporters are shrugging and saying, "What's the big deal, why are you so upset?"

It's just paper!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let's not forget the campaign promises of an all-star team of this nation's best and brightest...he literally had Fox and friends jumping for joy at the possibilities of who could be on his cabinet/a part of his administration.

The reality is that he has placed brown-nosing sycophants into positions they're completely incompetent to fill...he's allowed industry insiders into positions where they can benefit themselves the most...he's filled positions with his own incompetent family...

Basically, anyone capable of doing the jobs necessary to get this administration on track have either quit, been fired, or have openly rejected offers from Trump. He's a joke to everyone who understands politics...which explains why there's still a minority of the population who thinks he's doing great.

#filltheswamp

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. Care to answer the question? FYI, deflection is not an answer.

I would think it would be fairly obvious that I meant all of them but 2.

You can lead a horse to water but what he does with it is out of your control.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There have been only 2 decent presidents the last 60 years, one was killed off and an attempt was made on the other. The rest were only wanting to get rich at taxpayer expense and were patsies for their big donors.

Obviously JFK is the first -- surely you don't mean Reagan as the second?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would think it would be fairly obvious that I meant all of them but 2.

You can lead a horse to water but what he does with it is out of your control.
That's nice. I agree, you can lead a horse to water but what he does with it is out of your control. It seems then your horse does not know what the word "who" means or doesn't have the courage to actually answer the question.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. I agree, you can lead a horse to water but what he does with it is out of your control. It seems then your horse does not know what the word "who" means or doesn't have the courage to actually answer the question.

Do you plan on continuing with this silliness?

Upvote 0