Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sure seems like some folks think that if they support and love Trump they occupy the moral high ground, utterly amazing. Double :doh::doh:

That's possible with some that think he's the second coming, which he obviously isn't. Just like he's not the worst thing that's ever been elected to fill that office either.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
So how did everybody come to the conclusion that Trump is racist, misogynist, liar, bigot, homophobic and whatever else bad you think about him?

By listening to the media or do you actually know and hang out with him?

No idea, how did people who think he isn’t any of those things come to that conclusion? They his m8s too?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So how did everybody come to the conclusion that Trump is racist, misogynist, liar, bigot, homophobic and whatever else bad you think about him??
That's easy. These are simply the worst things people who want to express their hatred for the man can think to say. There is very little actual connection between his behavior and the names he's been called. That's why they tend to impress only the haters themselves and not the Trump base, which in turn gives rise to threads here asking why his supporters still like him despite all the dirty names that have been directed at him. :scratch:

Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's easy. These are simply the worst things people who want to express their hatred for the man can think to say. There is very little actual connection between his behavior and the names he's been called. That's why they tend to impress only the haters themselves and not the Trump base, which in turn gives rise to threads here asking why his supporters still like him despite all the dirty names that have been directed at him. :scratch:

Yeah here's one: Trump Renews Pledge to ‘Take a Strong Look’ at Libel Laws

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So how did everybody come to the conclusion that Trump is racist, misogynist, liar, bigot, homophobic and whatever else bad you think about him?

Plain and simple observation, such as listening to his speeches and watching how he interacts with other people, particularly people he doesn't like politically and people who challenge him.

Here are a few of the reasons why I don't like him: (1) His use of profanity to describe third world countries; (2) His admission to his philandering and adultery; (3) His bragging about groping women; (4) His bragging about his sexual exploits in a speech at a Boy Scout Jamboree; (5) His bragging about watching young beauty contestants getting undressed; (6) His long history of degrading women; (7) His vicious attacks and tantrum tweets on Twitter; (8) His perpetual dishonesty and being publicly exposed for being blatantly dishonest; (9) His use of profanity to describe Black NFL Players who knelt during the National Anthem; and (10) His documented history of discrimination against minorities, such as being sued by the government for housing discrimination against black people.

I'm including the following background information about him to substantiate my reasons.

Women and Trump:

Donald Trump’s Long Record of Degrading Women

Donald Trump's trouble with women - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place

Trump bragged that he walked in on naked beauty pageant contestants

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants

A running list of all the worst things Donald Trump has said about women. It’s long.

28 Sexist Donald Trump Quotes About Women - 23 Times Donald Trump Insulted Women

Insulting People and Trump:

Here Are The Ways Donald Trump Has Insulted Americans More Than Hillary Clinton

The 289 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

The 424 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

Trump Is on Track to Insult 650 People, Places and Things on Twitter by the End of His First Term

Lying and Trump:

Boy Scout leader apologizes for Trump's political rhetoric

Boy Scouts: Top Leaders Didn't Call Trump to Praise Speech

Donald Trump makes 21 false claims in Missouri speech about tax plan

President Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims over 298 days

Trump citing phone calls with Boy Scouts and Mexico they say never happened

Boy Scouts: Top leaders didn't call Trump to praise speech as the president said

Boy Scouts refute President Trump's claim that chief said he gave 'greatest speech'

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe: President Trump Lies About Working With Tribes On DAPL

President Trump Says He has not Received One Phone Call Complaining of His DAPL Approval

Boy Scouts 'Unaware' of Call Trump Said He Received From Organization Praising Jamboree Speech

Racism and Trump:

Trump's Long History of Racism

The racist comments of Donald Trump

Trump and race: Decades of fueling divisions

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

Donald Trump’s long history of clashes with Native Americans

Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

Trump Condemned Racism As ‘Evil.’ Here Are 16 Times He Embraced It.

Trump on NFL player protests: Owners should get those SOBs off the field

On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism three times as often as whites

Former Apprentice Producer Says Trump Would Make Sexist and Racist Comments

Trump said 'Despicable' Racist Comments about Blacks, Jews in Taped Apprentice Meetings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Plain and simple observation, such as listening to his speeches and watching how he interacts with other people, particularly people he doesn't like politically and people who challenge him.

Here are a few of the reasons why I don't like him: (1) His use of profanity to describe third world countries; (2) His admission to his philandering and adultery; (3) His bragging about groping women; (4) His bragging about his sexual exploits in a speech at a Boy Scout Jamboree; (5) His bragging about watching young beauty contestants getting undressed; (6) His long history of degrading women; (7) His vicious attacks and tantrum tweets on Twitter; (8) His perpetual dishonesty and being publicly exposed for being blatantly dishonest; (9) His use of profanity to describe Black NFL Players who knelt during the National Anthem; and (10) His documented history of discrimination against minorities, such as being sued by the government for housing discrimination against black people.
The fascinating thing about this is that Trump opponents talk as though they are shocked--"shocked, I tell you!"--to hear such words. And they, of course, have never ever uttered such words themselves. Isn't that correct?

But I walked through a bookstore yesterday and the same word (the first part of it, that is to say) shouted out to me from several book and magazine covers. The TV and movies use them all the time. And I just looked at my home town newspaper and saw, on the front page, another word that would have been similarly unmentionable in public only a few years ago.

Is the outrage over Donald Trump saying something like this in a private meeting really as unthinkable, offensive, and unusual as people like yourself are trying to make out? I really doubt it.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fascinating thing about this is that Trump opponents talk as though they are shocked--"shocked, I tell you!"--to hear such words. And they, of course, have never ever uttered such words themselves. Isn't that correct?

But I walked through a bookstore yesterday and the same word (the first part of it, that is to say) shouted out to me from several book and magazine covers. The TV and movies use them all the time. And I just looked at my home town newspaper and saw, on the front page, another word that would have been similarly unmentionable in public only a few years ago.

Is the outrage over Donald Trump saying something like this in a private meeting really as unthinkable, offensive, and unusual as people like yourself are trying to make out? I really doubt it.

Oh, I'm not shocked or outraged. I expect Donald Trump to act like this because that's the kind of person he geniunely is. I have no doubts about the kind of person he is nor do I pretend he's someone he clearly isn't, like a man of integrity and a man who's now committed to the Christian faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

To establish a double standard, need to be comparing two things that are the same

Do I expect a national leader to have a better sense of diplomacy than the average schlub

Shockingly, yes, yes i do

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's strange then, wouldn't you say, that this point is almost never made by the phonies who are pretending to be so shocked? They really do pose as squeaky-clean choir boys who would never stoop so low themselves or, for that matter, countenance such a thing from the politicians they support and have supported--although we know that the truth is much different from that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sure seems like some folks think that if they despise or hate Trump they occupy the moral high ground, utterly amazing. :doh:
Occupying the moral high ground is too easy now with Trump. No effort required since he appears bereft of any moral compass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
It's strange then, wouldn't you say, that this point is almost never made by the phonies who are pretending to be so shocked? They really do pose as squeaky-clean choir boys who would never stoop so low themselves or, for that matter, countenance such a thing from the politicians they support and have supported--although we know that the truth is much different from that.

No, this one’s quite consistent in part. Racism bad, POTUS is being racist, call out said racism.

Beyond that, it’s not about shock. It’s again, about expecting diplomacy from your leaders. Why people continue to expect even a bare minimum of competence from someone like Trump is beyond me, but anyway.....

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

By listening to the media or do you actually know and hang out with him?
I do not think he is racist. He would have to care about a cause outside himself in order to be a racist and a bigot.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's possible with some that think he's the second coming, which he obviously isn't. Just like he's not the worst thing that's ever been elected to fill that office either.
In fairness, it is too soon to know just he badly he may ultimately be as President. I have been guilty of underestimating just how .... groundbreaking he could be.

Trump is a stable genius. He is the best shoveler of horse manure I’ve ever seen hold a high public office.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm including the following background information about him to substantiate my reasons.

Women and Trump:

Donald Trump’s Long Record of Degrading Women

Donald Trump's trouble with women - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place

Trump bragged that he walked in on naked beauty pageant contestants

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants

A running list of all the worst things Donald Trump has said about women. It’s long.

28 Sexist Donald Trump Quotes About Women - 23 Times Donald Trump Insulted Women

Insulting People and Trump:

Here Are The Ways Donald Trump Has Insulted Americans More Than Hillary Clinton

The 289 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

The 424 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

Trump Is on Track to Insult 650 People, Places and Things on Twitter by the End of His First Term

Lying and Trump:

Boy Scout leader apologizes for Trump's political rhetoric

Boy Scouts: Top Leaders Didn't Call Trump to Praise Speech

Donald Trump makes 21 false claims in Missouri speech about tax plan

President Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims over 298 days

Trump citing phone calls with Boy Scouts and Mexico they say never happened

Boy Scouts: Top leaders didn't call Trump to praise speech as the president said

Boy Scouts refute President Trump's claim that chief said he gave 'greatest speech'

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe: President Trump Lies About Working With Tribes On DAPL

President Trump Says He has not Received One Phone Call Complaining of His DAPL Approval

Boy Scouts 'Unaware' of Call Trump Said He Received From Organization Praising Jamboree Speech

Racism and Trump:

Trump's Long History of Racism

The racist comments of Donald Trump

Trump and race: Decades of fueling divisions

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

Donald Trump’s long history of clashes with Native Americans

Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

Trump Condemned Racism As ‘Evil.’ Here Are 16 Times He Embraced It.

Trump on NFL player protests: Owners should get those SOBs off the field

On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism three times as often as whites

Former Apprentice Producer Says Trump Would Make Sexist and Racist Comments

Trump said 'Despicable' Racist Comments about Blacks, Jews in Taped Apprentice Meetings
There you go again. Keeping score. :ebil:

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How much more do you need, exactly

To me it's not "amount" of evidence it's "verifiable" evidence that's the key.

Todays world is full of sensationalism and trying to shape public opinion, so lets just say I'm skeptical as to all of the claims about Trump or any other politician for that matter.

Upvote 0