Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not just trying to stick it to him. I won but he still gets to keep thousands in legal fees from the estate for his "work" of mailing and emailing me threats - something he's not legally allowed to do. The judge refused to allow them to take money out of my share but she allowed him to keep his legal fees. I was trying to keep him from getting paid them.
So you're going to lose all your share of the money to this guy just in legal fees?

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're going to lose all your share of the money to this guy just in legal fees?
No - he'd be taking almost $4k in legal fees - almost half of which he racked up sending me threatening emails.

Going back to court could be risky - the judge could reverse her earlier decision and give him money out of my share for legal fees - although it would be unlikely I think but my husband doesn't want to risk it. It twists at me to let him get paid - he's a jerk.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No - he'd be taking almost $4k in legal fees - almost half of which he racked up sending me threatening emails.

Going back to court could be risky - the judge could reverse her earlier decision and give him money out of my share for legal fees - although it would be unlikely I think but my husband doesn't want to risk it. It twists at me to let him get paid - he's a jerk.
I'm trying to figure out how much of your money you'll lose in this..

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Walk away. I went through something similar. I was constantly stressed and becoming physically ill. Leaving it all behind was the best thing I did. It was my husband's advice and he was absolutely correct.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to figure out how much of your money you'll lose in this..
GOD MOVED.

Thank you all for praying. I have decided to let it go. I heard from the lawyer and then my estranged sister emailed me when we haven't spoken in two years. She was going to pay me out of her money and I refused. I signed the paperwork and finalized it.

It was so weird - I was very troubled yesterday and I sensed it was a spiritual battle. So as distasteful as it was I prayed for them. So she emailed me and agreed to pay money out of her share but I refused. I am still finalizing it right now. This was a protracted spiritual battle but God moved in a big way. I don't know how it will ultimately turn out but I'm glad I didn't keep pushing it. Thank you all. I hope my struggle here can speak to someone else going through inner turmoil. It was as if it was a heavy spiritual battle and I had to pray in spite of every one of my revulsed feelings inside. But I feel at peace now.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a struggle with that. God built justice into us - so why doesn't He let us see it? I have a very hard time with this. I hate the sense of lack of inner peace. I'm trying to get in the spirit to see what God wants - something is amiss.
God created a Paradise where everything was just. Adam turned away from God and instead of being instantly annihilated, as the rules of justice dictate, God removed man from paradise.

This is a delay tactic so Adam could live. What you see in others who are evil, is the same God saw in Adam. So we are lucky to be alive, but the side effect is that justice does not come to us until after death.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not just trying to stick it to him. I won but he still gets to keep thousands in legal fees from the estate for his "work" of mailing and emailing me threats - something he's not legally allowed to do. The judge refused to allow them to take money out of my share but she allowed him to keep his legal fees. I was trying to keep him from getting paid them.
He is entitled to his legal fees. Its all in the contract your father signed.

Upvote 0