Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No - I have to decide whether to roll the dice and try to allow the judge to decide to not allow the lawyer to get paid from the estate. The problem is she could turn against me this time and possibly take MORE out of my share to pay the lying lawyers court fees. He's filthy and tried to get money out of my share to pay his court fees even though he and the Executrix broke the law. The judge decided in my favor. My husband said to let it go now and not try to prevent him from getting paid but it grates on me because he put me through 7 grueling months of grief by threatening me and trying to trick me into signing and agreeing to the Executrix taking some of my money.

So this has to translate into definitive action and I don't know what decision to make. The judge could decide in my favor and not let him get any money but my husband said 'it's the lawyers club' - or she could give him even MORE of my money out of my share which is what the corrupt sleaze tried to do.

I hate giving in to him - it sickens me. But I don't want to lose either. Should I quit while I'm ahead or take it to the end?

It takes a gunslinger to fight a gunslinger. Lawyers are today's version of gunslingers. Going into court without being lawyered-up when the other side is lawyered-up is like standing alone against a professional gunfighter.

You have a set of options:

1. If they're trying to take money out of your pocket, then you need your own lawyer to prevent it...presuming what they're trying to take is more than a lawyer will cost you.

2. If they're trying to take money your father left, you've already said you don't want it. You have a choice to simply let them take it and not deal with them anymore.

3. If you don't want them to take all your father's money, see option 1.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It takes a gunslinger to fight a gunslinger. Lawyers are today's version of gunslingers. Going into court without being lawyered-up when the other side is lawyered-up is like standing alone against a professional gunfighter.

You have a set of options:

1. If they're trying to take money out of your pocket, then you need your own lawyer to prevent it...presuming what they're trying to take is more than a lawyer will cost you.

2. If they're trying to take money your father left, you've already said you don't want it. You have a choice to simply let them take it and not deal with them anymore.

3. If you don't want them to take all your father's money, see option 1.
It would have cost too much to pay a lawyer - I represented myself - with trepidation, but I did it - and won.

The issue I have is to whether to pursue the night-crawler trying to ask the judge to prevent him from collecting fees. He ILLEGALLY threatened that if I didn't sign the paperwork agreeing to a reduced amount he would take me to court and take out double that. The guy is a SLEAZEBAG and so is my ex-family.

My dilemma is should I quit while I'm ahead or roll the dice and attempt to pursue justice and not allow him to collect fees?

Another option came to me. I could wait until I got my money in hand and then pursue a complaint with the bar and attempt to make him repay me.

I need the wisdom of Solomon. Can you all please pray? I have been attacked mercilessly by the evil one and this is another attack.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Justice comes to them, but not necessarily in your lifetime.
I have a struggle with that. God built justice into us - so why doesn't He let us see it? I have a very hard time with this. I hate the sense of lack of inner peace. I'm trying to get in the spirit to see what God wants - something is amiss.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would have cost too much to pay a lawyer - I represented myself - with trepidation, but I did it - and won.

The issue I have is to whether to pursue the night-crawler trying to ask the judge to prevent him from collecting fees. He ILLEGALLY threatened that if I didn't sign the paperwork agreeing to a reduced amount he would take me to court and take out double that. The guy is a SLEAZEBAG and so is my ex-family.

My dilemma is should I quit while I'm ahead or roll the dice and attempt to pursue justice and not allow him to collect fees?

Another option came to me. I could wait until I got my money in hand and then pursue a complaint with the bar and attempt to make him repay me.

I need the wisdom of Solomon. Can you all please pray? I have been attacked mercilessly by the evil one and this is another attack.

Walk away from your father's money. It's not going to enrich your spirit to fight for it. When you walk away from the money, the enemy will have no weapon to use against you.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Well you misquoted the bible.

Ok, I was making a point, forgive me, let me breath.

There is no need to go to every thread and correct every one on a little missed quoted scripture.

It was not intentional.

• Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I was making a point, forgive me, let me breath.

There is no need to go to every thread and correct every one on a little missed quoted scripture.

It was not intentional.

I was doing it out of love. You should have no issue with being corrected about scripture. There is a difference between saying Money is the root of evil and the bible saying the love of money. It just stood out as a glaring error.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Walk away from your father's money. It's not going to enrich your spirit to fight for it. When you walk away from the money, the enemy will have no weapon to use against you.
This is a spiritual attack. Wherever lies are and that lawyer is a LIAR. Please pray for me. I'm very weary. He has someone apparently corrupt working in the court with him who "misplaced" my paperwork and now he's using the excuse that it was "filed too late" when it wasn't. Things are really corrupt. This nation needs our prayers.

Can you please pray for me? I'm tired.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I was doing it out of love. You should have no issue with being corrected about scripture. There is a difference between saying Money is the root of evil and the bible saying the love of money. It just stood out as a glaring error.

Right, its all good lol, Just woke up cranky, sorry.

Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
When my father was alive he gave me money for medical expenses but never told me it had to be paid back. He named my sister Executrix and she never had a family and was causing trouble in mine so I told her to stop contacting my children. She immediately threatened to keep money my father left.

A year later I got an accounting in the mail deducting thousands out of my share. I refused to sign it and went for 7 long months of her lawyer breaking the law and threatening to take me to court and go for double that if I didn't sign. I fought through each time and finally was forced to file a complaint in court. The Executrix got a free car and others got years of free rent and I was put out at a young age.

I was concerned because that lawyer works for a firm that is well known. But when I went before the judge she turned out to be honest and decided in my favor. I filed another complaint that the lawyer not be allowed to collect from the estate due to the 7 months of harassing me and charging the estate for his "work" of harassing me.

I would drop it. $400 would not be much for a lawyer, but the rancour that your desire to chase it has stirred up in you is too heavy a price for you to pay for it as well, when weighed against the loss of your tranquillity of soul and peace of mind. Try to pray for the lawyer for your own good ! Eventually, you'll see it's barmy to get worked up about such a wrong'un.The world is full of them, but don't you think God has plans for them, if they don't change their ways? God may well see that you are financially compensated in due course for that $400 as well, maybe from an unexpected source. But don't go spending what you have on the one-armed bandits in Las Vegas to prompt Him !

However, rancour destroys your own peace of mind and judgment, so that you end up doing more harm to yourself than to her. I doubt if missing out on the $400I need wisdom quickly. I believe there is something fishy going on with someone who works in the court as they "misplaced" my complaint and then sent it back and said I filed it too late but I persisted and it's supposed to be heard. I don't know if I should quit while I'm ahead as I'm afraid the Judge may turn around and decide against me - although I don't think they can override a legal will.

The lawyer is a FILTHY LIAR and has all the attributes of satan - he's devious, sneaky, sly, and I hate dealing with him.

Can others give me their feedback? I would sincerely appreciate your prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a struggle with that. God built justice into us - so why doesn't He let us see it? I have a very hard time with this. I hate the sense of lack of inner peace. I'm trying to get in the spirit to see what God wants - something is amiss.

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.
The wages of sin is death.
"Time" is a placeholder, a delay tactic, to delay our payment due us. Our "wages".
So to ask for justice means we all die and receive our wages.
God has delayed our judgment so that we can choose to embrace his free gift.
You are not perfect, so you will die. After this life, all is just.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You shou
I do have a struggle when someone has done something grievously wrong. I can't go into the depth of it but it's bad - the issues are much deeper. I wrestled with it this morning and I wrestled with it for years - God has promised justice when others do us evil. I can't understand why He won't answer. This issue is just a deeper issue of the evil in my ex-family. They're selfish, greedy, ugly people. I walked away from them once and should have never reconnected. My father was in deep denial about the skanks in his family and constantly blathered on about what a great job he and my mother did. They didn't. The bottom line is that this is a symptom of a much deeper issue. The evil Executrix found a stooge to do her bidding using the estate's money. He's an ugly, lying, despicable human that fits right in with all of them.

I wonder sometimes the difference between justice and vengeance. If someone drank and drove and killed someone would his prosecution be called "vengeance" or "justice"?
You should be praying for these people instead of coming on a public forum and trashing them... you are obviously consumed with anger so I will pray for you that you are able to surrender this spirit and receive of the Spirit of Christ. Remember that the fruits of the Spirit include compassion and long suffering... the very things we need for ourselves from God we need to feel for others.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You shou

You should be praying for these people instead of coming on a public forum and trashing them... you are obviously consumed with anger so I will pray for you that you are able to surrender this spirit and receive of the Spirit of Christ. Remember that the fruits of the Spirit include compassion and long suffering... the very things we need for ourselves from God we need to feel for others.
I did pray for them. The issue is much deeper and the wound deep. But know that the evil in that ex-family is bad. There has been anger and I do appreciate your prayers. I think satan is using that anger and their lying in a spiritual attack. I sent the lawyer a salvation tract and the sleaze copied it and made fun of it in his brief to the judge So there is a nice kick you in the teeth for doing "good to those who persecute you" isn't it? I remembered the verse to not cast your pearls before swine. Sometimes the nicer you are to people the worse they treat you. If someone comes at you with a knife are you going to stand there and pray for them or are you going to take sensible action?

If someone stole your money that you could use for necessities could you "just" pray for them? I could say that you're being judgmental like Job's friends. It's a hard thing. I'm struggling because I wasn't sure what way to go with it. Sometimes things aren't always so clear.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
with the attitude of vengeance that you are displaying towards this person, I would say the way to be obedient to the LORD is to let this go.

this thing seems like you're trying to get even with this guy. take what you can, wash your hands of the situation and move on with your life. I believe peace will return to you when you drop the vendetta.

do what you can to just get away from these people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
with the attitude of vengeance that you are displaying towards this person, I would say the way to be obedient to the LORD is to let this go.

this thing seems like you're trying to get even with this guy. take what you can, wash your hands of the situation and move on with your life. I believe peace will return to you when you drop the vendetta.

do what you can to just get away from these people.
How can you decide when a desire for justice crosses into vengeance?
I think I'm going to let it go because it's causing me too much trouble. I hate to see that liar walk away with any money after putting me through that. He's corrupt. It's so within me to fight back - but I don't think it's worth the price.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I'm going to let it go because it's causing me too much trouble. I hate to see that liar walk away with any money after putting me through that. He's corrupt. It's so within me to fight back - but I don't think it's worth the price.

I don't think he's corrupt. If I understand the situation, the lawyer is not your lawyer, he's their lawyer, so he's doing all he can do to get them all the money they can get. He's doing his utmost for the people who hired him, which is what he's supposed to do. He would be corrupt if he were doing you any favors.

I told you before, if the money in question is not worth the cost of hiring your own lawyer, then walk away from it.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think he's corrupt. If I understand the situation, the lawyer is not your lawyer, he's their lawyer, so he's doing all he can do to get them all the money they can get. He's doing his utmost for the people who hired him, which is what he's supposed to do. He would be corrupt if he were doing you any favors.

I told you before, if the money in question is not worth the cost of hiring your own lawyer, then walk away from it.
He is corrupt - his entire brief was a lie. He said my husband agreed that we owed the estate money - my husband had to type a certification that this was a lie. He lied one time after another. He and the Executrix manipulated my brother - who has some problems - into lying and stating that my father said I had to repay money he gave me. But there was no mention of the Executrix repaying the estate for a $15,000 + car she got. He's sleazy.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

didn't you say you won? you got justice. now you're just trying to stick it to someone and that's a form of retribution.

not good, not worth it. get what you can and get out.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
didn't you say you won? you got justice. now you're just trying to stick it to someone and that's a form of retribution.

not good, not worth it. get what you can and get out.
I'm not just trying to stick it to him. I won but he still gets to keep thousands in legal fees from the estate for his "work" of mailing and emailing me threats - something he's not legally allowed to do. The judge refused to allow them to take money out of my share but she allowed him to keep his legal fees. I was trying to keep him from getting paid them.

Upvote 0