• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Urgent question

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, doctors nowadays don’t prescribe benzos, especially to former drug addicts.

I live in Oklahoma and my only option is to take Kratom. It takes my anxiety away and gives a slight mood increase.
It’s legal here is Oklahoma.

I really never considered it a sin, but I’m wondering is it???

I suffer many Mental health problems, been through a psychosis and obsessive thoughts. I was doing just fine in 08 until that spring I was hit with massive anxiety.

In 2010 I found a doc willing to help with klonopin. It helped immensely.

I was yanked off of three mg a day and suffered two grand mal seizures. Fired the docs after being psychotic for three months, got back on the script from a pharmacy and weaned . In April of last year I successfully stopped, I was very anxious tho.

So I started to buy Kratom, it helped greatly with the anxiety.

It has sorta a opiate effect to it but I don’t use it because of that. I struggle everyday with so many things because of what I endured in 05.

I don’t blame God, I blame myself.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aside from too much alcohol, the Bible doesn't speak to drug ethics.

Part of a doctor's job is to recommend drugs that have been reasonably vetted. They can still have rare and/or unforeseen side effects or just react poorly to your particular physiology. Those aren't ethical issues, just medical ones.

The only major ethical violation that I can see in modern pharmaceuticals is products that are derived from human abortion, such as embryonic stem cells and fetal cells used to culture some vaccines (and other products).

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I live in Oklahoma and my only option is to take Kratom. It takes my anxiety away and gives a slight mood increase.

I suffer many Mental health problems, been through a psychosis and obsessive thoughts. I was doing just fine in 08 until that spring I was hit with massive anxiety.

I was yanked off of three mg a day and suffered two grand mal seizures. Fired the docs after being psychotic for three months, got back on the script from a pharmacy and weaned . In April of last year I successfully stopped, I was very anxious tho.

It has sorta a opiate effect to it but I don’t use it because of that. I struggle everyday with so many things because of what I endured in 05.

I will say from a member of the psychiatric community that self medicating is a terrible idea. You only require to work with psychiatrists to deal with your issues. Taking Opioids is a terrible way to live and will make you more psychotic in the end. My suggestion is to get off the drugs and see a licensed doctor. If not you risk having a psychotic episode that may land you in prison.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Like I said. I’ve been on every anti depressants. Anti psychotic, mood stabilizers.

Klonopin, Xanax or Valium where the only things that worked.

I always have a conviction to tell the truth and I do about my drug history.

I fired my pdoc, wanted to go through my pcp. I started to open up about my history. They made me do a UA, ok that’s fine I have nothing to hide. Get a call saying it leaked on the way to the lab then had to do another one. Got a call saying I had meth in my system, said both times came back positive, I haven’t done meth since 2015, and I had stopped in 06. Only did it a month four years ago.

If they are going to lie about it leaking, they’ll lie about the test.

Was told they couldn’t treat me.

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I misread about self-medication. @devin553344 is correct.

Even if the Bible does not speak to drug specifics, God still wants us to abide by the laws of the land (until they conflict with obeying Him, directly).

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was doing just fine in 08 until that spring I was hit with massive anxiety.
I struggle everyday with so many things because of what I endured in 05.
You told us what happened in 08, but what happened in 05? Or was that a typo?

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was raped, by two guards. Thought I gave my Ex HIV.

Walked around okc contemplating suicide.

Went thru a psychotic episode for seven months. Thought I was in a seven year tribulation.

Got saved in 06. In 08 stated to have flashbacks.

In 05 I had a near death experience, I will never be the same. I’m just trying to find peace folks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kratom is legal!

Kratom isn't legal everywhere: Is Kratom Legal In My State?

Regardless of legality, I can tell you from experience that Opioids are not a suitable solution for emotional pain. I was on them for a few years due to chronic migraines, and they made my psychosis worse. I would not advise you to use Opioids if you suffer from mental illness. You indicated that your on SSI so then I assume your mentally disabled.

Opioids are only prescribed for physical pain. Emotional pain is handle thru psych-meds. You should see your doctor.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And I didn’t share the physical pain I’ve been having, it’s flank pain and in the Upper right quadrant. No gall bladder and liver checked out as good.

I think all my psychological illness are doing a number on me physically.

I need klonopin, yet I doubt I’ll wver find a doc willing to prescribe it.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t have a doctor remember?

To answer your OP, and I think the urgent question is whether or not Kratom is a sin, it probably isn't a sin if it's legal in your area. Remember it's not what goes into the temple that defiles it, it's what comes out. That said, if Kratom is worsening you mental condition then it may lead to sin and is probable unwise to use it. See Matthew 15:11.

So more importantly why are you on SSI and not seeing your doctor. That is one of the purposes that you were placed on SSI for, is to be able to get good medical care from psychiatrists.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First of all it’s not an opiate, second it’s legal in Oklahoma and totally legal where I’m moving, to Virginia.

Everything on the internet indicates that Kratom is in fact an opioid-like. Kratom: Uses, Effects, Hazards & Abuse Potential - Drugs.com

You should read the section here:

"The effects are unique in that stimulation occurs at low doses and opioid-like depressant and euphoric effects occur at higher doses. Common uses include treatment of pain, to help prevent withdrawal from opiates (such as prescription narcotics or heroin), and for mild stimulation."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need klonopin, yet I doubt I’ll wver find a doc willing to prescribe it.

Interaction with a doctor is healthy if you accept your doctors medications and recommendations. It sounds like your trying to tell them what medications you would like to take. You'll probably never find a doctor that would do that. They are highly educated in medicine.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t blame God or anyone who did what they did to me.

It happened and there is no changing that.

It was God’s hand of justice.

I can’t have a normal relationship with God because to me He feels like it’s a relationship with my human father. Very abusivr.

Like I have said before, I was wrecking ppls lives. Hurting hearts so all that happened to me was supposed to happen.

Ppl don’t believe I went they what I did, that’s ok, I don’t expect anyone to.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you are asking if it is a sin to take a prescribed medication in accordance to the doctor's instructions, the answer is no. It is not a sin.

Upvote 0

mytel

Sep 18, 2009
australia
✟9,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We need to be open to a full relationship with God. It is Jesus alone who has paid the price in full for all our sins, and allowed us to have such a relationship.
It might sound like strange or obvious advice, but I would recommend to smile more, even if you have to force it. I read articles saying the brain doesn't know the difference between a fake and real smile, it can have the same benefits on our body/mood.
Lately i have been smiling a lot since i also have a tendency to have anxious thoughts, etc. Even when i do not feel like it, forcing myself to smile, and thinking positively, seems to help combat anxious thoughts and really help. Choosing to think positively for me helps to focus my thoughts on grace, and faith and helps keep the mind centred on God, through Jesus.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was raped, by two guards. Thought I gave my Ex HIV.

Walked around okc contemplating suicide.

Went thru a psychotic episode for seven months. Thought I was in a seven year tribulation.

Got saved in 06. In 08 stated to have flashbacks.

In 05 I had a near death experience, I will never be the same. I’m just trying to find peace folks.

Do you attend church regularly?

Upvote 0