Boris89

Apr 21, 2013
Bulgaria
✟15,425.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I humbly ask all of you to pray for a fellow orthodox christian from my home town.

The story started like this:

He turned to Christ somewhere in his 30s, while married and with two children. However his wife soon left him while taking the kids in the process due to his agressive "hyperdox" practices, including forbidding his kids to play with toys. This led him to live a self imposed life as a hermit in his own house - he has no electricity, no phone, computer etc. Soon after I first met him, all of the above I had only heard from what parishioners were talking so I didn't give it much credit. In many ways he was normal and friendly to me and I saw him a few times. However I couldn't help but notice how negatively he talks about all members of our town's parishes I mentioned. Soon I found out that his way of life, as described above, is true. He doesn't go to work - all he does is spending the days isolated at home, reading huge amounts of prayers - the Hours for example and so on. To my advice to at least find some work, he answered that work would leave him "no time for prayers". As I live in another city, I lost contact with him and hadn't seen him for almost a year.

This last Saturday I was in my home town again. I saw him at church and the look on his face was... demonic to say the least. The coming Sunday morning, the parish priest chased him away from church and told me "Don't you see him? That's our new priest!" - it turned out he'd started coming to parishioners, offering them to read prayers which only priests are allowed read for laymen. After the service ended, he came into church again. I kindly told him that he doesn't look well and he just answered that: "To hermits and to laymen a different grace is given." Immediatlely after that he went to a parishioner, who just entered the church, and made him a remark that he shouldn't wear a hat in church. A few hours after that I had to leave my hometown and I couldn't be of any other help to him.

This man (his name is Momchil), probably now near his 40s, has already spent years in isolation and has slowly fallen into a heavy state of prelest. If things go like this, he will undoubtedly be led to something even more serious, suicide is not out of the question. I feel like if I don't write this, it will be my sin for not doing anything about it. Please include him in your prayers.

Last edited:

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I humbly ask all of you to pray for a fellow orthodox christian from my home town.

He turned to Christ somewhere in his 30s, while married and with two children. However his wife soon left him while taking the kids in the process due to his agressive "hyperdox" practices, including forbidding his kids to play with toys. This led him to live a self imposed life as a hermit in his own house - he has no electricity, no phone, computer etc. Soon after I first met him, all of the above I had only heard from what parishioners were talking so I didn't give it much credit. In many ways he was normal and friendly to me and I saw him a few times. However I couldn't help but notice how negatively he talks about all members of our town's parishes I mentioned. Soon I found out that his way of life, as described above, is true. He doesn't go to work - all he does is spending the days isolated at home, reading huge amounts of prayers - the Hours for example and so on. To my advice to at least find some work, he answered that work would leave him "no time for prayers". As I live in another city, I lost contact with him and hadn't seen him for almost a year.

This last Saturday I was in my home town again. I saw him at church and the look on his face was... demonic to say the least. The coming Sunday morning, the parish priest chased him away from church and told me "Don't you see him? That's our new priest!" - it turned out he'd started coming to parishioners, offering them to read prayers which only priests are allowed read for laymen. After the service ended, he came into church again. I kindly told him that he doesn't look well and he just answered that: "To hermits and to laymen a different grace is given." Immediatlely after that he went to a parishioner, who just entered the church, and made him a remark that he shouldn't wear a hat in church. A few hours after that I had to leave my hometown and I'm not personally able to be of any other help to him.

This man (his name is Momchil), probably now near his 40s, has already spent years in isolation and has slowly fallen into a heavy state of prelest. If things go like this, he will undoubtedly be led to something even more serious, suicide is not out of the question. I feel like if I don't write this, it will be my sin for not doing anything about it. Please include him in your prayers.
Lord have mercy! He will be in my prayers.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy. The man is obviously mentally ill.

Demons can do that to you. Spiritual pride is one of the most dangerous sicknesses of all - perhaps THE most dangerous.

Why hasn't the priest taken him in hand?

Of course I don't know the situation, but don't be too quick to blame the priest. Jesus used to sometimes ask first if a person wanted to be made well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abel Gkiouzelis

The Smile of God in your heart
Feb 25, 2016
Greece
Visit site
✟30,904.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate

This last Saturday I was in my home town again. I saw him at church and the look on his face was... demonic to say the least. The coming Sunday morning, the parish priest chased him away from church and told me "Don't you see him? That's our new priest!" - it turned out he'd started coming to parishioners, offering them to read prayers which only priests are allowed read for laymen. After the service ended, he came into church again. I kindly told him that he doesn't look well and he just answered that: "To hermits and to laymen a different grace is given." Immediatlely after that he went to a parishioner, who just entered the church, and made him a remark that he shouldn't wear a hat in church. A few hours after that I had to leave my hometown and I couldn't be of any other help to him.

Saint John Maximovitch of San Francisco help him!

Upvote 0