US-Democrat
From 5-ish hours ago (missed the notification apparently):
Headed home
1f3e0.png
on no sleep
1f4a4.png
, steroids
1f48a.png
& a much happier baby. We have instructions to come back right away for more treatment if the stridor gets worse. The more time at home the better!!!
2764_fe0f.png
❤️ He is worth it all and more.

And an hour ago:
Resting watching Mickey Mouse
2764_fe0f.png
❤️
1f42d.png

Finn seems to be much better. We are about to do all of his nightly meds and put him to bed. He hasn't slept much. I forgot to mention too that his temperature has been very low, 96. But that's way better than a fever!

Today was a pretty wild day. I came home from the ER, dropped Finn off at home to rest and then get some breakfast and I headed to CVS to get his prescription. On the way there, I was about to turn into the CVS and a gentleman in a truck ran my car off the road basically doing a hit and run and sped away. It was pouring rain. I pulled over and of course, he didn't. It happened so quickly and with the rain and the chaos I couldn't get his plate. There is damage to the front of my car. My bumper is dented in and the brackets broke so it's hanging a little on the driver's side. When I got to CVS I asked if there were cameras in that area and unfortunately there aren't. I am just so grateful that none of my babies were in the car with me.

Before I had Finn, things like this experience would have shaken my anger to the core and probably ruined my day and week. Now, after having Finn and going through our journey, my perspective is different. I simply took a deep breath, paused and said a prayer for the man that pushed me over on the side of the road that he would please be more careful and not harm others. I then said a prayer to another man, that would be the one upstairs, thanking him for keeping me safe and allowing the only 'damage' to be on my car and not my health or safety.

At this point, I haven't slept since the night before last and that's ok! I will take one night in the ER for a respiratory issue over 8 months in the hospital for heart failure any day of the week. Thank you so much to the team last night at Mary Washington. I was so excited to see Wanda, Patrick, Kim, Amy and meet Dr Johnson. Dr Johnson was the absolute sweetest! I am also so proud of Finn. No matter what he goes through, this sweet boy is so forgiving. At the end of every doctor's visit, hospital stay or ER admission, he somehow finds it in his heart to say thank you to the doctors and nurses and give them a high five no matter how awful he feels and no matter what they have needed to do to him to help him feel better.

Now, to get some sleep, have another day of rest tomorrow and maybe more cooking

(yikes! that's a scary thing being run off the road, especially in the rain... glad Kelly's ok even if her car isn't)

Upvote 0