Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
I will give you all details tomorrow or as soon as I can but for now her name is Brooke...shes a wonderful kid...saved BUT fallen. She's in trouble at work <Tom Thumb> and she lives w/her dad <another story for later> BUT he whips her with a belt when she does something BIG wrong and this is big. PLEASE please pray that when he finds this out God will stop him from that!!!!! And for intervention asap! Shes been in trouble before and involved the police then and could possibly now. Lord please be with us!!!!

More later...God speed.

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
UPDATE:
:help:

I know I should give it all to God..it's SO hard. I don't know whether to let them punish her which will involve the police and she's only been in trouble ONCE...big trouble that of course is sealed because of her age. I'm petrified that if they get ahold of this..they will send her to juvey? She is SO afraid of her dad, she's moving in with us which is what I wanted anyway. My ex and I were married 15 yrs and when we divorced she was at an age she could choose and being the motherhen type she chose to live w/him...afraid he would be lonely etc...so she could take care of him. I just got off the phone w/him and the way he was talking about how much money hes out on her etc., I myself am afraid of what he will do when he finds out what has happened. It involved gift cards given to this group of "friends" she was trying to fit into, <of course the WRONG crowd> and is 800.00 that we don't have, to pay QUICKLY or they do call the police. Even the loss prevention guy for the store says he knows shes smart, didn't have an attitude w/him about any of it..that she's just trying to run w/the wrong crowd. :cry: Oh Lord Jesus I plead the blood over this right now! I know you love your children and in all things pray and give it to you. Give me the strength to do just that. I ask it in the name of Jesus Christ, AMen. :bow:

Her dad will take/keep her car when he finds out she is really going to come live w/us. That presents us w/a problem because we ourselves only have one car !!!!!!! :prayer: BUT I want her here with us and when I know she's safe maybe then I'll tell him what's happening?????????????????? Im trying to remain calm thru this because the drs said what happened to me in May <when I collapsed and my heart stopped twice>that it was partially due to stress!!!!

Thanks again for letting me vent. Felicia maybe we can email each other as I need some legal advice which I know you don't know the exact laws here etc., but friendly advice or just even a few suggestions will help me at this point. Thanks sis.

And thank you all for your prayers. I will be posting and praying when I calm down a little. Don't know if God could make sense of anything I type/say right now and none of what I said here may make a lick of sense anyway lol

Love you guys! :kiss:

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
UPDATE for those that are even reading:

what's happened now. Well my niece told my ex/Brookes dad. He called her at work poking around asking questions and without any hestitation she told him. :sigh: Now he's angry Brooke didn't come to him first, and no telling WHAT will happen. I had it all worked out, he said she could come live here, she was going to talk to him after work and he agreed. After she got settled in we were going to calmly tell him. At least I would know she's safe. Not anymore. :cry: He called me ranting and raving why didn't she come to him, this and that...<things I don't want to put here>that he's not going to pay a dime. I explained she told me first out of fear...he SAID he would be calm with her etc., but after being married to him 15 yrs I kinda know thats REALLLLLLLLLL iffy and probably not going to happen. So here I am, hands tied again. He basically told me to butt out, he'd handle it ALL. :( She wasn't going to move in over here and that I could deal w/the money part of it but he'd deal w/the punishment, I'm not to be involved. Oh well guess I will stop bothering yall with it now since I'm out of it pretty much anyway. :cry: Thanks for reading, listening, and praying. I'm so down right now what w/my mom, this, David's grandmother. Right now I'm feeling so many emotions it's all I can do to hold myself together for my youngest, Chelsea who btw has a bd tomorrow! Forgive me and will talk to yall soon maybe later dunno. :prayer:

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If you know that he is going to cause her bodily harm, you should let the police know. If she wants to leave, you should begin court action to carry through with that. If she was old enough to choose to live with him, then she is old enough to change her mind. He does not have the right to hold her prisoner from you. She is your daughter, and you are involved in every sense. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do agree that sometimes the only way to learn from a mistake is from the punishment, I don't agree that beating her is the correct punishment. Making her pay the money back, grounding her, taking away certain priviledges, I would think would be acceptable. However, where punishment crosses the line into abuse, there is a problem. I would definately keep an eye on this situation and report anything that you feel uncomfortable with. You are her mother and should have a say in how your daughter is punished.

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
those that have prayed, let me please tell you what an encouragement you've been to me these past few days. And God of course. He's always my rock. But I wanted to personally thank you for your time, posts, prayers, and most of all for caring. It helps me much more than you will probably ever know. My online friends "sisters" in Christ, after my Lord, are the only friends I really have. The rest have moved, gotten married or just don't have time you know how that goes. And then there's my family...like Vada said...something to the affect ...family stuff is always hard. Yep it is. My sister said after what I told my niece which was "keep your mouth shut" <I wrote and apologized later and received an attack letter than noone especially family should never have to endure> was "forget my help, Im done wasn't her fault" well it was. He was asking questions which tells you right there he knew nothing. But anyway what's done is done AND last evening she called. Everything was believe it or not going very calmly Brooke told me. Her dad was calmly discussing punishment etc. with her. They took a break and apparently her stepmother said something derrogatory about the situation and her dad replied "shes my daughter and even tho it was wrong I still support her" which a big argument ensued and he brought Brooke to our house. THANK YOU JESUS. She's going to stay with us until tomorrow and go w/my daughter Chelsea <who's birthday is today> back over there <it's his weekend> and SEE how things are going. If it's still bad, she will come home with Chelsea Sun or Monday depending on the situation. I will know later in the weekend how things are going there. Yes it's a tough situation for any family, especially an "extended" family but my husband, Brooke's stepdad, voices his opinions in a rational manner, we discuss things but never says anything derrogatory or bad towards my children. Nor do I his. Just plain not right, imho. :|

Guess what guys? Now that you know me a lil you know I ramble when I'm upset and sorry just the way I am lol :eek: soooooo anyhoo, ty for those that are praying and will continue to do so :hug:

I just have one question about your response Mr. Cheese. "The girl needs something drilled into her head." Don't really know what you mean there but she is very smart, just not making smart decisions...trying to fit in with "the wrong crowd." BUT yes she has to learn it now or it will get worse I suppose. I thought she had learned from the one other time she was in trouble but this says she didn't. I can only turn it over to God and :prayer: give it to Him.

Upvote 0
If she's likely to be whipped with a belt, that's getting pretty severe... and the fact that she's 16- a bit old for 'normal' spanking.... if she's in physical danger, I'd call child welfare. Can she work it out with the store to have her paycheck docked over a few months to repay what she took? Seems physical beating doesn't fix the problem, or take care of what she owes....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
the story is a little long and is probably why you didn't read it all, but she didn't get whipped w/the belt this time, and won't anymore. We all had a long discussion with him about it and although its very complicated and involved to say the least, we just wanted prayers for her to come back to the Lord. In fact he was very calm until my niece intervened but still he's ok. Just that me and my husband are going to have to repay it all..shes going to prayfully get another job. You can't keep a job you've stolen from, not here in Texas anyway. That is if they don't fire him for missing today.<See "I know God says He won't give us more than we can handle??????" Thread> I really don't think they will, hopefully.

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
yesterday the guy from Tom Thumb called and said he'd call me back w/a police report number, so I can get the particulars after he makes the report...still waiting to hear AND that the accounting office would be calling me to make payout arrangements...still waiting on that too....again, stay tuned!! So I'm thinking as calm as he was and the way God's been moving, it's ALL going to be JIS FINE!! YAY!!!!:clap:

Upvote 0

eliseb

Aug 6, 2003
✟191.00
Faith
Christian
I am praying for divine intervention in this problem and Lord we may not understainnthe whole situation but you do . I have a little boy in this situaion and Lord I pray you look over them both and remedy this situation as you would. I praying for conviction and alesson for these men to learn in dealing with their children. We are all God's children and to be corrected with love. I am praying your protectionand and any emotional scars left on these children to be lifted in Jesus name. Let them know you as Lord and give them the grace to forgive these men for wht they do. And I ask that you wrap them up in your graces in Jesus name.:prayer:

Upvote 0