Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolai_42

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
✟8,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am asking you to pray now for me, but not me only. I believe that the church in general - the vast majority of those who call themselves the Body of Christ - need prayer. So when praying consider that you may well be praying for yourself. A few years ago, I began posting on another message board and have been to a few in the span of those years. The first passage that I believe the Lord gave me then was in Revelation 3:

" I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.                       As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore,   and repent.
  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
 Revelation 3:15-21

I see now how true that is of the church today. This passage was not directed at unbelievers - you hear many quoting verse 20 as applying to unbelievers - but to the church. It is painful and fearful that those that go by the name of Christ should be as the above passage says, but I believe it is true. Such a people, as can be seen in verse 17 (highlighted) are not trodding in the path of the cross anymore but in leisure and ease. It is for such an attitude that the Lord will severely judge the church.

Please, pray for those who fall into this category. And consider first yourself - in all honesty - and bring it to the Lord with prayer and supplication. The church in North America needs an awakening and a revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.