Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please, please, please pray for Whitney who was mountain climbing and fell 30 feet! She's the only child of one of my daughter's friends. Whitney was flown to a bigger, better hospital, and is in a medically induced coma. Please God have mercy in this situation.

My daughter will send me more information soon. :cry: :prayer:

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"Within 10-15 minutes after impact the patients condition quickly deteriorated and she became repetitive and confused. I assessed her pupillary response and she had non-reactive pinpoint pupils. She continued to get more combative and aggressive - signs of increasing intra-cranial pressure. Her friends who were climbing with her did a great job trying to calm her down as folks tried to package her safely for a carry out.

"We were able to package the patient and transport her down the trail to the river and over rough terrain to the new "high water bridge." This took a lot of teamwork and cautious movement in this rough terrain. We were able to meet Symons Ambulance from ... at the power plant at the end of the paved road that comes down from the lower gorge parking area....This speedy extrication from the climbing site to the ambulance access point was thanks to the amazing climbers at the wall that day that dropped what they were doing and offered to help.

"With minimal delay the paramedic was given a concise report and the patient was transferred to the journey and loaded into the ambulance. - the ambulance was on scene no more than 10 minutes
[at a local hospital] she was evaluated and stabilized and then she was flown ...to... Medical Center for care further care not available in our rural hospital.

"I currently don't know how this patient will recover and what her prognosis is but I hope the best for her and that she makes a full recovery. The Injuries she sustained are serious and she will need our thoughts, prayers, good vibes, and positive energy flowing her way..."
From her mom yesterday: "At neuro check (off propofol for 5 min) this morning she still didn’t follow commands but did look at me and her pressure didn’t spike as high and it recovered quickly. She is now tolerating 60 percent with loud drill noises in room closet for maintenance. Hope to take bolt out this morning! They put a pressure gauge in her brain that is bolted in her skull. Want low pressure for brain to heal. They are also giving a sodium drip right into her heart to pull fluids out of the brain and keep it oxygen rich.”

Note: The doctors weren't able to take the bolt out. She needs to be able to handle less sedation first. Her mom's mom had gall bladder cancer surgery today.

So please pray for Whitney's mom and grandma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know you hear us, Lord! We are lifting up this young lady and her entire family. Thank you for all those who have engaged in her restoration, physically and Spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong Wave

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟28,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can’t even imagine what your friend’s family must be going through. I have no idea why, but your post brought me to tears. (I’m listening to the song, You are my hiding place… I will trust in You.) I’ll be praying for Whitney, asking God to touch her with His healing hand and surround her with His strength. I said a prayer for Whitney's mom, grandma, and family, as well, that the Lord may comfort, strengthen, and uphold them during this time. I hope you’ll remember the words of the apostle James: “The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” (James 5:15). May God bless you as you reach out for prayers.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, we pray for Your grace and mercy upon Whitney, that You might be upon every atom in her body that needs healing, and that You will restore her to health. Nothing is too hard for You, and You have done so many miraculous healings in the past. May You be with these others that were mentioned as well, and may they come to rejoice together with You for healing upon them. May they all continue to live well, giving praise and thanks to You, lifting You up and magnifying You before others. May their healing bring others to place their trust and lives in Your eternal hands. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Love and thanks! Let's continue to pray.

Latest:
She is down to 25% on propofol right now (she also has versed but I don’t know how much) with ICPs 13-16 so she’s doing well. She opened her eyes randomly last night then when nurse called her name opened them wider and raised her eyebrows- not even on a neuro check!
1f64f
1f64f

Christian Oswald Chambers Prayer.jpg

Lord, I can't thank You enough. Please continue to heal Whitney and her grandmother. Give all of this family Your blessed strength and know that we are grateful. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I can’t even imagine what your friend’s family must be going through. I have no idea why, but your post brought me to tears. (I’m listening to the song, You are my hiding place… I will trust in You.) I’ll be praying for Whitney, asking God to touch her with His healing hand and surround her with His strength. I said a prayer for Whitney's mom, grandma, and family, as well, that the Lord may comfort, strengthen, and uphold them during this time. I hope you’ll remember the words of the apostle James: “The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” (James 5:15). May God bless you as you reach out for prayers.

I had tears, too, when my daughter told me.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Love and thanks! Let's continue to pray.

Latest:
She is down to 25% on propofol right now (she also has versed but I don’t know how much) with ICPs 13-16 so she’s doing well. She opened her eyes randomly last night then when nurse called her name opened them wider and raised her eyebrows- not even on a neuro check!
1f64f
1f64f

View attachment 216483

Lord, I can't thank You enough. Please continue to heal Whitney and her grandmother. Give all of this family Your blessed strength and know that we are grateful. In Jesus' name, Amen.

:heart: Praise God!!!! Praying!!!!! (((hug)))

Upvote 0