United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And I was right. From the OP article, quote:

"So however you decide to hang your tree this year, we will support you. But if you end up summoning the Demogorgon in the process, you better hope you bought a few extra presents."

Definition of Demogorgon, quote:

"Demogorgon, although often ascribed to Greek mythology, is attributed to a fourth-century scholar, imagined as the name of a pagan deity or demon, associated with the underworld and envisaged as a powerful primordial being, whose very name had been taboo."

See also Voltaire's "Plato's Dream."
You've never watched Stranger Things, have you?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There are some things about Christmas that are just known. For example, the fat part of the Christmas tree goes down, the skinny part goes up.

Well, brace yourselves. In this topsy-turvy year of 2017, even the trees are undergoing a makeover. Meet the upside-down Christmas tree, one of the trendiest items of the season.

Upside-down Christmas trees are a trend — but not everyone finds them festive

This is how I feel about upside down Christmas trees, and in fact this Gif was the most popular on Twitter this year. And as Twitter said, it perfectly sums up 2017, does it not?

1800.jpg

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. Fruits come from a plant, but vegetables ARE a plant.
True but they are made to eat. I never said I judge people, that have real Christmas trees. I find it hard to buy a real tree, that's been cut down. I have 3 lantana bushes I don't like in my yard. But wont get kill of them.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always find it interesting how whenever any comment made here, at Christian Forums, which attempts to or does portray satanism in a negative light, that comment garners automatic and typically instant rebuttal distinguished by a defense of same. Curious.

Just above your quote in the article is this "That said, let's remember that the popular Netflix show "Stranger Things" sent its characters into the "upside-down." And Target does seem to have a direct line there."

No offense, but did you take any time to actually consider the revelation embedded within that line? Look, I realize there are those members here who, for whatever reason, feel required to challenge any comment I make, but this is an issue I have studied and dealt with for years. Have you ever met a satanist? Discussed issues in depth with them? I have. One revelation from those experiences is the universal desire to infiltrate and corrupt any and all institutions satanist can manage to worm their way into. Another revelation is blatant and obvious for all to see, the desire of satanist to reveal who they really are.

As someone else posted prior in the thread, satanist dogma is easy to spot and follows a pattern. The term "upside-down" is tied directly to the occult phrase "as above so below," a phrase which is considered an occult maxim. It is a phrase employed in wicca, witchcraft, and satanism, but ultimately refers to the controlling power believed to be inherent in the craft. Turning things "upside down" or backwards is a staple of satanism, the most obvious example being the satanic bible, the ten tenets of satanism, the satanic rituals, blah blah blah whatever crap they come up with today. It is all just Christian principals twisted to express the opposite desires, expressions, and mandates.

It doesn't surprise me Target would have a "direct line" to the "upside-down." They did run this image as part of their advertising:

target2.jpg

Sexually objectifying children, the beast eye-symbol. This crap is staring all of us right in the face, but most refuse to see. As I stated elsewhere in another thread, aside from often being one and the same, satanist and atheist have much in common. They both hate Christianity and in the pursuit of destroying it anything goes.

Another advertisement published by K-Mart:

kmart-illuminati.jpeg

You can't get much more blatant than that. Atheist will look at this image and scream "don't mean nuthin', man, you're just stooopid, you're just a stupid God person, man," because that is the standard level of discourse with most atheist. But meanwhile satanist and those Christians who really care will look at it and see exactly what is going on.

The line you quoted from the OP article is an admission, not a deflection.

Sounds like you haven't seen the show, but the "demogorgon" is the monster the kids named, and they got it from DnD.

Where do you think the creator and writers of D & D got it? Seriously, they didn't just make it up. In the first edition Monster Manuel from D & D is the creature known of as Belial. Look that up in the dictionary.

Also, in the middle of the article, "
But before you cry "disrespect," believe it or not: Upside-down trees are an old, old custom from Eastern Europe and were used in the Middle Ages...

Eastern Europe and the Middle Ages, an area and a time period rife with paganism. From the cited article, quote:

"Legend has it..."

Ok, I looked it up. From "The Christmas Tree: Legends, Traditions, History," by Lino Lozza, quote:

"All this is historically documented. The rest belongs to the legend which tells how, at the first blow of the axe, a strong gust of wind instantly brought down the tree. The astounded Germans fearfully recognized the hand of God in this event and humbly asked Boniface how they should celebrate Christmas. The Bishop, the legend continues, pointed to a small fir tree that had miraculously remained upright and intact beside the debris and broken branches of the fallen oak. Boniface was familiar with the popular custom of taking an evergreen plant into the house in winter and asked everyone to take home a fir tree. This tree signifies peace, and as an evergreen it also symbolizes immortality; with its top pointing upwards, it additionally indicates heaven, the dwelling place of God."

With its top pointing up toward Heaven. That is what I was taught as a child.

Tell me, when you hang a tree upside down, to what is the top now pointing? And please, spare me the argument the top is now the bottom and the bottom is now the top, because if you make that silly argument you are only proving my point.

...They represented the Trinity, and Christ being crucified, those Middle Age Eastern European Christians believed. So while it feels new, it's actually a return to an old form."

A pagan form.

Satanists really have nothing to do with this. It's just a hip trend to be different.

Yeah, that is the argument absurdum always proffered in defense of satanism, that is amounts to nothing more than an attempt to be edgy or hip or trendy. But then again, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why should I?
Aside from it just being a great show, the whole upside-down/Demogorgon thing would probably make more sense if you had seen it. The upside down is what they call the alternate dimension in the show.

Again with the argument absurdum.
Really.... It's absurd I think these are just normal people having fun with their Christmas trees and not some Satanic ploy to turn Christmas upside down? Do you know what absurd means? Believing this is the work of Satanic forces is what's absurd to me. Believing this is anything more than the benign, harmless act it is, is absurd, in my view.

Well at least you understand satanism is an attack on innocence.
I also understand not everything Christians don't like is a deliberate attack on their faith.

This is one of those things.

Upvote 0

1000Flames

Gloria Perpetua
Jul 27, 2011
USA
✟108,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's nice to see that the satanists are picking up the slack in the war on christmas now that the atheists have thrown in the towel. You have really giving me hope that they could turn this thing around, Sistrin.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aside from it just being a great show...

According to you. But given you believe a guy talking about how great pedophilia must be for pedophiles actually constitutes humor, forgive me if I question your discerned critique of a television show.

...the whole upside-down/Demogorgon thing would probably make more sense if you had seen it.

I do not need a television show as a source of education or information. The term Demogorgon has been in use long before the writers of "Stranger Things" were ever born. Likewise the pagan principles associated with the occult mantra "as above so below" have been in practice for centuries prior to the invention of Netflix.

The upside down is what they call the alternate dimension in the show.

And you really think that is original?

Really.... It's absurd I think these are just normal people having fun with their Christmas trees and not some Satanic ploy to turn Christmas upside down?

Does it require a grand conspiracy in order for Christians to oppose abortion? Is a grand conspiracy required for Christians to oppose animal sacrifice? Is a grand conspiracy required for Christians to oppose a monument to satan being erected in the public square? Is a grand conspiracy required in order for Christians, or in this case any other group, to express sympathy for a cause by donating either time or money in the attempt to address or support that cause?

Satanist are like minded people. Their hatred of Christianity is inherent in their belief. Therefore no grand conspiracy need exist for their membership to adopt any practice which mocks God and/or Christianity.

Do you know what absurd means?

This is how you know you are winning an argument, when the opposition resorts to the Johnny Bravo defense.

Believing this is the work of Satanic forces is what's absurd to me. Believing this is anything more than the benign, harmless act it is, is absurd, in my view.

And you are free to hold that view. However the articulation of that view reveals one of two truths concerning it. One, you have no idea of what satanism it actually about and are defending it as a knee-jerk reflection of your animosity for Christianity. Two, you do know what satanism is about but still defend it as an auto-response of your animosity for Christianity. Either way, you are defending an institution which has been practicing their art in one form or another for millennia. Consequently, a pattern has been established. The reverse application of Christian principals and beliefs is endemic within that pattern.

I also understand not everything Christians don't like is a deliberate attack on their faith.

As was stated above by another member, most things are.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When an article makes a pop culture reference...

That is the point you all seem to be missing. Or perhaps simply ignoring. It isn't a pop culture reference, it is a historical reference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Witchcraft!
Oh my. Doesn't this story deserve its own thread? At least it would be interesting to see how people decide to spell schadenfreude. I think I nailed it with the help of my keyboard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums