Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are some things about Christmas that are just known. For example, the fat part of the Christmas tree goes down, the skinny part goes up.

Well, brace yourselves. In this topsy-turvy year of 2017, even the trees are undergoing a makeover. Meet the upside-down Christmas tree, one of the trendiest items of the season.

Upside-down Christmas trees are a trend — but not everyone finds them festive

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some things about Christmas that are just known. For example, the fat part of the Christmas tree goes down, the skinny part goes up.

Well, brace yourselves. In this topsy-turvy year of 2017, even the trees are undergoing a makeover. Meet the upside-down Christmas tree, one of the trendiest items of the season.

Drove past an upside down house a few months ago in Germany

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

In later chapters, Hermes teaches others, such as his son Tat and Asclepius. The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus is a short work which contains a phrase that is well known in occult circles: "As above, so below."

IMG_0014.JPG

The link below.....

Hermeticism - Wikipedia

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

It is Satanic inspired symbolism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I always make sure I display my Christmas tree EXACTLY the way the apostle Paul displayed his. Anything else is an abomination!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just get an artificial tree and decorate it. It weighs a lot less and doesn't add to the landfill. However, in our city, we burn them so it actually can be used for fuel, but I'd speculate that the generators don't produce enough to pay the labor to haul trees to the combustion plant.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can't put a star or an angel at the top. An old family tradition, so I don't get it...
People started doing it to keep their young kids and pets away from the tree. It was on the celling, And not touching the floor. I just thought it was to ugly to try it. Personally it's best to not have a Christmas tree. Less messy.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just get an artificial tree and decorate it. It weighs a lot less and doesn't add to the landfill. However, in our city, we burn them so it actually can be used for fuel, but I'd speculate that the generators don't produce enough to pay the labor to haul trees to the combustion plant.
They make good mulch. So people can put them in landscape recycler, where I live. I bought a fake tree years ago. I also bought a potted real one. That I decorated on the porch. Before last week crazy wind storms. To my surprise not one christmas ornaments blew off. I really don't like the thought of killing plants, animals or any thing. So I don't bother with buying cut Christmas trees. To keep in the living room for a week or two. Also I heard they were a fire hazard.

• Agree
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They make good mulch. So people can put them in landscape recycler, where I live. I bought a fake tree years ago. I also bought a potted real one. That I decorated on the porch. Before last week crazy wind storms. To my surprise not one christmas ornaments blew off. I really don't like the thought of killing plants, animals or any thing. So I don't bother with buying cut Christmas trees. To keep in the living room for a week or two. Also I heard they were a fire hazard.

Vegetarians usually eat only vegetables because they don't like the killing of animals. But if you don't even like killing plants OR animals or anything at all, what do you eat?

As for my opinion about the upside down Christmas tree, I say it sure looks like a lot of trouble just to be doing something different. So much simpler to just set it up the right way. Next we'll be seeing people trying to drive their cars upside down. o_O

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Vegetarians usually eat only vegetables because they don't like the killing of animals. But if you don't even like killing plants OR animals or anything at all, what do you eat?
Tree's are not meant to be eaten. But fruits and vegetables are. And I probably eat a lot of process food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Tree's are not meant to be eaten. But fruits and vegetables are. And I probably eat a lot of process food.

Interesting. Fruits come from a plant, but vegetables ARE a plant.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. Fruits come from a plant, but vegetables ARE a plant.
I think for some people it's one thing to kill a plant to eat it and thus sustain their own life, and another thing to kill a plant and then decorate it's corpse and display it in their living room for no practical purpose whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I was right. From the OP article, quote:

"So however you decide to hang your tree this year, we will support you. But if you end up summoning the Demogorgon in the process, you better hope you bought a few extra presents."

Definition of Demogorgon, quote:

"Demogorgon, although often ascribed to Greek mythology, is attributed to a fourth-century scholar, imagined as the name of a pagan deity or demon, associated with the underworld and envisaged as a powerful primordial being, whose very name had been taboo."

See also Voltaire's "Plato's Dream."

Upvote 0

1000Flames

Gloria Perpetua
Jul 27, 2011
USA
✟108,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And I was right. From the OP article, quote:

"So however you decide to hang your tree this year, we will support you. But if you end up summoning the Demogorgon in the process, you better hope you bought a few extra presents."

Definition of Demogorgon, quote:

"Demogorgon, although often ascribed to Greek mythology, is attributed to a fourth-century scholar, imagined as the name of a pagan deity or demon, associated with the underworld and envisaged as a powerful primordial being, whose very name had been taboo."

See also Voltaire's "Plato's Dream."

Just above your quote in the article is this "That said, let's remember that the popular Netflix show "Stranger Things" sent its characters into the "upside-down." And Target does seem to have a direct line there."

Sounds like you haven't seen the show, but the "demogorgon" is the monster the kids named, and they got it from DnD.

Also, in the middle of the article, "
But before you cry "disrespect," believe it or not: Upside-down trees are an old, old custom from Eastern Europe and were used in the Middle Ages, TheSpruce.com noted. They represented the Trinity, and Christ being crucified, those Middle Age Eastern European Christians believed. So while it feels new, it's actually a return to an old form."

Satanists really have nothing to do with this. It's just a hip trend to be different.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0