• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Upside-down Christmas trees are a trend — but not everyone finds them festive

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Johnboy53, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+1,426
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    There are some things about Christmas that are just known. For example, the fat part of the Christmas tree goes down, the skinny part goes up.

Well, brace yourselves. In this topsy-turvy year of 2017, even the trees are undergoing a makeover. Meet the upside-down Christmas tree, one of the trendiest items of the season.

Upside-down Christmas trees are a trend — but not everyone finds them festive

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+5,245
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Drove past an upside down house a few months ago in Germany

3. The Times

The Times Well-Known Member

+776
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    In later chapters, Hermes teaches others, such as his son Tat and Asclepius. The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus is a short work which contains a phrase that is well known in occult circles: "As above, so below."

IMG_0014.JPG

The link below.....

Hermeticism - Wikipedia

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

It is Satanic inspired symbolism.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  4. Nithavela

Nithavela Know Chaos, No Order

+7,686
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+5,653
    United States
    Married
    Witchcraft!

6. Almost there

Almost there Well-Known Member

+1,133
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I always make sure I display my Christmas tree EXACTLY the way the apostle Paul displayed his. Anything else is an abomination!

7. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,119
    Christian
    Upside-down Christmas trees? I must be dreaming...

[​IMG]

8. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+7,506
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ugh,I think it looks awful and would cry if we ever decided to do one.

9. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,008
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    You can't put a star or an angel at the top. An old family tradition, so I don't get it...

10. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,518
    Atheist
    US-Others
    I don't like Christmas trees to begin with. Cutting down a tree like that seems like a waste. Rather just plant a pine tree outside and decorate it every year.

11. Jeffwhosoever

Jeffwhosoever Faithful Servant Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,861
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
    Just get an artificial tree and decorate it. It weighs a lot less and doesn't add to the landfill. However, in our city, we burn them so it actually can be used for fuel, but I'd speculate that the generators don't produce enough to pay the labor to haul trees to the combustion plant.

12. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN Happy Father's Day.

+1,874
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    People started doing it to keep their young kids and pets away from the tree. It was on the celling, And not touching the floor. I just thought it was to ugly to try it. Personally it's best to not have a Christmas tree. Less messy.

13. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+1,874
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    They make good mulch. So people can put them in landscape recycler, where I live. I bought a fake tree years ago. I also bought a potted real one. That I decorated on the porch. Before last week crazy wind storms. To my surprise not one christmas ornaments blew off. I really don't like the thought of killing plants, animals or any thing. So I don't bother with buying cut Christmas trees. To keep in the living room for a week or two. Also I heard they were a fire hazard.

14. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+3,793
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Vegetarians usually eat only vegetables because they don't like the killing of animals. But if you don't even like killing plants OR animals or anything at all, what do you eat?

As for my opinion about the upside down Christmas tree, I say it sure looks like a lot of trouble just to be doing something different. So much simpler to just set it up the right way. Next we'll be seeing people trying to drive their cars upside down. o_O

15. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+1,874
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Tree's are not meant to be eaten. But fruits and vegetables are. And I probably eat a lot of process food.

16. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+3,793
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Interesting. Fruits come from a plant, but vegetables ARE a plant.

17. Nithavela

Nithavela Know Chaos, No Order

+7,686
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think for some people it's one thing to kill a plant to eat it and thus sustain their own life, and another thing to kill a plant and then decorate it's corpse and display it in their living room for no practical purpose whatsoever.

18. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,712
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Blind post from reading the thread title.

My initial reaction is satanist are at the bottom of this trend.

19. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,712
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    And I was right. From the OP article, quote:

"So however you decide to hang your tree this year, we will support you. But if you end up summoning the Demogorgon in the process, you better hope you bought a few extra presents."

Definition of Demogorgon, quote:

"Demogorgon, although often ascribed to Greek mythology, is attributed to a fourth-century scholar, imagined as the name of a pagan deity or demon, associated with the underworld and envisaged as a powerful primordial being, whose very name had been taboo."

See also Voltaire's "Plato's Dream."

20. 1000Flames

1000Flames Gloria Perpetua

+136
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Just above your quote in the article is this "That said, let's remember that the popular Netflix show "Stranger Things" sent its characters into the "upside-down." And Target does seem to have a direct line there."

Sounds like you haven't seen the show, but the "demogorgon" is the monster the kids named, and they got it from DnD.

Also, in the middle of the article, "
    But before you cry "disrespect," believe it or not: Upside-down trees are an old, old custom from Eastern Europe and were used in the Middle Ages, TheSpruce.com noted. They represented the Trinity, and Christ being crucified, those Middle Age Eastern European Christians believed. So while it feels new, it's actually a return to an old form."

Satanists really have nothing to do with this. It's just a hip trend to be different.