Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus stated that the Holy Spirit's role in our lives is to bring back to remembrance things God said. If we haven't read scripture, it won't come back to remembrance.

The role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, is the same role the Father took in the role of Jesus's life. So without a knowledge of scripture, there's nothing to quote, and Jesus quoted scripture so must've studied.

Maybe you should re-read my initial post in this thread.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you should re-read my initial post in this thread.
I initially replied to that post, but then you departed from that thesis, so I replied to your post.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I initially replied to that post, but then you departed from that thesis, so I replied to your post.

Let me help you,...

"There is a learned discipline associated with adhering to the word of GOD over what someone says, but this also applies to over what you see others do. Any Spirit-filled Christian should be receiving a check inside when someone/something is not right, and they should immediately go in prayer and break out their bibles seeking an answer from GOD."

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Let me help you,...

"There is a learned discipline associated with adhering to the word of GOD over what someone says, but this also applies to over what you see others do. Any Spirit-filled Christian should be receiving a check inside when someone/something is not right, and they should immediately go in prayer and break out their bibles seeking an answer from GOD."
Mhmm I replied to it, and you started speaking against using the scriptures, and thus our conversation proceeded.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Mhmm I replied to it, and you started speaking against using the scriptures, and thus our conversation proceeded.

Well let me help you again,...

"Again,.... those who are led by The Holy Spirit are sons of GOD, not those who are led by scripture only. Scripture was written by The Holy Spirit and is a basis for our walk with GOD, but it takes The Holy Spirit revealing how to properly apply it that makes all the difference."

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well let me help you again,...

"Again,.... those who are led by The Holy Spirit are sons of GOD, not those who are led by scripture only. Scripture was written by The Holy Spirit and is a basis for our walk with GOD, but it takes The Holy Spirit revealing how to properly apply it that makes all the difference."
It's possible you read my post wrong, what you said didn't sound all that relevant to my situation.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's possible you read my post wrong, what you said didn't sound all that relevant to my situation.

This part of your post,...

Some people may have overplayed the importance of the scriptures for too many years in a row. So as an act of "balance," people are subconsciously avoiding any social situation that resembles that.

...Led me to post about The Holy Spirit, since He really provides the balance in our lives as Christians, and especially with scripture. He is the one Who leads us into all truth. We must seek His council and revelation on scripture to understand the multifaceted meanings in it, or we are trying to do things on our own.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This part of your post,...

Some people may have overplayed the importance of the scriptures for too many years in a row. So as an act of "balance," people are subconsciously avoiding any social situation that resembles that.

...Led me to post about The Holy Spirit, since He really provides the balance in our lives as Christians, and especially with scripture. He is the one Who leads us into all truth. We must seek His council and revelation on scripture to understand the multifaceted meanings in it, or we are trying to do things on our own.
It was a pattern I've observed, if you wanted to know the answer to your question.

The answer was not autobiographical.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It was a pattern I've observed, if you wanted to know the answer to your question.

The answer was not autobiographical.

Mmhmmmm.

Let's get back to the topic,...

"I'm noticing some folks in this section and others are uplifting experiences over what the word of GOD says, as if they allowed that experience to be the truth to them instead of scripture."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mmhmmmm.

Let's get back to the topic,...

"I'm noticing some folks in this section and others are uplifting experiences over what the word of GOD says, as if they allowed that experience to be the truth to them instead of scripture."
Hmm okay, so how I can relate to this is.

I experience something with God. while I'm experiencing it, scripture passages come back to mind, so I make a connection that X = truth because The Holy Spirit acts this way towards me.

So when people teach an alternate viewpoint using scripture, it means they have not had a similar experience, and those scripture verses have not come back to remembrance teaching the same lesson.

Is this what you're referring to?

Upvote 0