• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm really sorry for disappearing on everyone again. I've been trying to get meds straightened out, which worked til insurance got all messed up again, so now I'm on week two med free....................again!
I am now working a full-time job and hoping I can stick with it for I really need it right now. The downside is being without the meds. I'm hoping I'll get another script afore they completely get out of my system. I'm already not sleeping well and waking up all through the night. That don't mix well with having to get up at 5 am every morning. I'm really riding on a wing and a prayer right now, so if y'all get the time, please say a word or two for me.
Hope all is well.
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

Reactions: PrairieGurl

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would be wrong with taking the older generic medications, that is what I believe I am going to have to do, I hope they will work for me.
Thomas,

The problem with the older medications is that often the side effects are far more severe and persistent.
In other words - they dope you out - make you gain weight - causes rashes - depress you - give you anxiety or panic attacks, give you the shakes, cause heart, liver and kidney problems etc. Sure they are cheap, and yes they often treat the symptoms reasonable well - but the cost can be very high.

I'm currently experimenting with older medications and find that only very low dosages or infrequent usage of the medications can stem the side effects somewhat - of course they are not as effective under these circumstances and one has to except more active symptoms to make life harder to cope with.

Hope it will do the trick for you.

Gerry

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.