Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As you can tell i dont stay still for very long. but im back in england just sent my application form of on wednesday for hillsong leadership college to do pastoral counselling so im nervously waiting to see if ill get accepted. but if i do and i get my visa ill be back in sydney in august :clap:

if no ill probably come out for hillsong conference in july but ill be sad cos i wanna live in aus where there are nice friendly people. :) i miss all u nice aussie people and your public transport is so much more reliable than ours. so anyway im just a crazy english person who loves your country. :)

also for thos who know this is worth the biggest celebration of all probate is almost finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just a couple of weeks to go when we set up a trust fund for my lil sister cos shes too young to have it all now it will all be finished. :D

Reactions: Scostar

Scostar

Feb 24, 2005
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟651.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
shout2thelord said:
i miss all u nice aussie people and your public transport is so much more reliable than ours. so anyway im just a crazy english person who loves your country.

Wow! your public transport must be bad if you think ours is reliable.

It's amazing how we can still complain when we've got it so good - public transport, hospitals, education etc. We moan about how it's not up to standard, and then discover it is better than most other places in the world.

We live in a great country. I would miss it too.

james

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hey thats good to hear james, yeh trains here are very unreliable, i missed my flight out because of them - they decided that morning that not many people would travel so cancelled half a days trains with no guarantee of any trains running that day. so i had to change my flight and luckily they did start sending trains out later in the afternoon. but when i go to sydney all the trains were on time, and the buses worked quite well too as a rail replacement system cos they sent more of them out so i still got where i needed to be on time. :) in was quite impressed.

anyway i mostly miss the aussie culture is a lot more friendly and open than english culture. dunno people seem less negative abt stuff :) plus the wheather isn good too!

Upvote 0
T

thejesusfish90

lol... i hate to say shout, but if your comming in July then the weather wioll be pretty nasty down here... We definately get nice summers,.,, but our winters can be pretty cilly (though probably not even close to the winter catergory of northern europe....:p.... Yeah I pray that gods will may be done in your life... and if you dont get accepted dont be too cut about it... god may have something awesome for you to do in England....

YBIC

Chris

Reactions: Scostar
Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scostar said:
Not all of Oz has great weather.

I moved to Canberra from Sydney a year ago, and the weather here is not nearly as good.

Average temperature is 20 celcius.

40 degrees in summer, 0 degrees in winter.

Takes some getting used to.

:thumbsup: james

Hi, I'm in Canberra too. I would agree about the winters. It does take getting used to. My husband and I were in Sydney in 2001, and we came back here in hte middle of winter. Brrrrrr.

I don't think our Summers are that bad, in fact this one has been pretty good.

However, our Winters are not nearly as cold as English winters. (not that I have been to England, but I have friends who have been there a couple of times)

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeh we have snow at the min last summer here was between 15-18c for most of it and where i am dnt rember a day over 24c. winter has been pretty warm 6c-10c for most of it until i got back from aus and now its cold like -5c to 3c. and we got snow at the min.

whenever i was in aus in july 2003 and syd was warm abt 15-20c. some mornings and nigths were colder but i had my tshirts on most of the time. apart from inside cos the houses are colder.

I had a hard time adjusting bac when i got back to england just cos of the difference between the way people are - like loadsa people helped me with my lugage in syd wen i cudnt get it up stairs sereval people always offered or if i looked lost would offer directions people werent always running everywhere and that was just the general public church as last time id been there went way out of their way to be helpful and welcoming.

in england its kinda take care of yourself and so everybody just got annoyed and pushed passed me as i tried to get my lugage up the stairs as they ran to get the next tube even tho one leaves literally every 1 or 2 mins - i will never understand this mentality. anyway were not that bad just a bit too focused for our own good at times!

anyway i know everything is in Gods hands im just so glad probate is almost finished on monday ill sort my money out then tues my sisters then no more solicters or probate or anything else relating to my dads death - i thought it would never be over im so happy its come to an end after over 14 months :)

Upvote 0