Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I was deceived regarding my prior view and the evidence of this is a lack of peace in my life, a lack of steadiness, which was strong when I found God, and back then, I did agree to the Trinity.

I allowed someone to teach me another doctrine, and I only recently noticed the life effects. I now repent of all that foolishness, and have decided that it surely isn't possible for me, a creation of God, to understand the fullness of God. I will take on faith that God is Trinity, lest He personally correct me.

So, hello again and please forgive my foolishness.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think I was deceived regarding my prior view and the evidence of this is a lack of peace in my life, a lack of steadiness, which was strong when I found God, and back then, I did agree to the Trinity.

I allowed someone to teach me another doctrine, and I only recently noticed the life effects. I now repent of all that foolishness, and have decided that it surely isn't possible for me, a creation of God, to understand the fullness of God. I will take on faith that God is Trinity, lest He personally correct me.

I’m happy to see that you have decided to stay. I am sure these forums will be richer for your presence.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I still regret being so misguided.
I would not presume to judge your beliefs, but I think you are an interesting poster and am happy to see you stay.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hello and welcome to CF.

Indeed, it is impossible for man to fully comprehend God, and He cannot be placed into a box. That's why we are careful about how we state (and don't state) our beliefs. It seems like every thread where folks try to go into deeper detail than the Creed and "explain" the Holy Trinity to others, someone eventually veers into heresy (or many quickly dive into it lol). I have been inadvertently guilty of it myself at times, so I try very hard to limit myself to what was revealed to the Christians by the Holy Spirit and leave it completely at that. :)

I'm glad you decided to stay also. :)

By the way, I caught in your other thread - be careful of the word "catholic" (little c). As someone else said, it didn't mean "the fellowship in communion with the Pope of Rome" until after 1054, though her beliefs were becoming her own for some centuries before that. You might see the word and it appears in the Creed from the early centuries, but that's not what it means. Just like "orthodox" (with a small o) is used by many to refer to "accepted teaching" and not meant by folks to identify with my Church either.

It's a good thing to know on these forums, as it comes up a lot.

God bless you, and again, welcome to CF. :)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Glad to hear you are planning on sticking around.

We are all learning and growing yet never will we be able to fully comprehend the richness and glory of God :thankful:

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, you're ok. I fell into that trap, too. It's an easy one to fall into, and God is gracious and mercifully patient with us. Glad to see you're staying!

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most important thing is realizing error and going to God for forgiveness. I had to do the same thing 4 years ago, I'm happy to see that you are growing and back on track! Hope to see more of your posts! :yellowheart:

Upvote 0