1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Update & Prayer Request :(

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by HeidieNicole, Nov 26, 2001.

1. HeidieNicole

HeidieNicole Guest

+0
    Hi everybody! I just wanted to say thanks for the prayers for my Grandma, she's doing much better now and hasn't had to have a pacemaker put in yet, the medication she's on seems to be doing it's job so, God willing, she won't have to have one put in! :)

On another note tho, my brother's best friend, Norm, isn't doing so well :( He got put in the hospital the weekend before Thanksgiving as they found another mass on his back, at the base of his neck, that was giving him alot of pain. They gave him a round of radiation last monday hoping to shrink it (it's inoperable because of the delicate location it's at) but he had a severe reaction to it and they almost lost him on Tuesday. He made it through that and was doing okay over the weekend but yesterday they had some bad news, the tumor has grown and the outlook isn't good at all. It seems that it is just going to get bigger and eventually cut off his circulation and paralyze him and then finally cutting off his breathing. They don't think he'll get to come out of the hospital :( If you could, pray for strength for him and his family, he has a wife and 2 young boys (both under 10).. i can't even begin to imagine what they're going through. My brother seems to be doing alright for now, but he's not really one to show his feelings anyway and I know this is tearing him up. I don't know whether to pray for a miracle or what.. i've just been praying that God's will be done and if it's in His will that it's Norm's time that he goes peacefully and doesn't suffer.. Any and all prayers are greatly appreciated.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. kilikina15

kilikina15 Guest

+0
    They will be in my prayers!!

3. Redheaded Goddess

Redheaded Goddess Un-Regular Member!

+1
    Wow...I will be praying for them. :(

4. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    I will too!!

And thanks for the update on your grandmother. :)

5. HeidieNicole

HeidieNicole Guest

+0
    Hello.. I wish I could come and have a better update but, I just got a call from my dad and Norm passed away this afternoon at about 2:30.. at least he's not suffering anymore and is Home.

Please continue to pray for his family and my brother for strength to make it through this trying time.. Thanks.

6. Redheaded Goddess

Redheaded Goddess Un-Regular Member!

+1
    I will...I know they must be hurting.

7. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    I'm sorry to hear that...

I will pray for the family and friends...that they may receive comfort in this time.

8. Reborn2000

Reborn2000 Guest

+0
    Oh Heidie, I am so sorry to hear about Norm. I know this has to be a hard time for all of you right now. I will be sure to keep you all in my prayers. It is good to know that he isn't suffering anymore though. I'll be praying....

Hugs,
    Kelly

9. PrinceJeff

PrinceJeff Well-Known Member

+0
    Dear Heidi,

Let me express my deepest sympathies in the loss of your brother's best friend. I shall pray for you, your brother, and the family of Norm that you all would be able to come through this tough time knowing that God truly IS in control. I can tell you from experience that it is so true! Read John 16:22-23 and Revelation 21:3-4 for some comfort. Me and my fiancee (PrincessTracy) will be praying for everyone and may God put His fatherly arms around you and give you a real good bear hug! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask us!

In Christ,

Jeff