Update on: Is it a sin to use a crack in order to use my software?

Jul 8, 2022
colorado
✟15,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys so back in July I came on here to get advice and help as I felt convicted because I modified software that I got from ebay and used illegal files to make it run and not have to activate it as photoshop cs3 servers have been taken down as of years ago. Well after seeing the responses I reailzed I was sinning and immediately deleted and permanently erased the software from my computer. In this time I realized it doesn't matter why your doing it there is no justification for sin. It doesn't matter that the seller scammed me, It doesnt make it right to do something and use something your arent supposed to be using. Onto now, so Four months have passed since then and I wanted to say that I ended up revicing a blessing from God. My dad was able to get me a legit copy of photoshop 5.0 from ebay in the orignal box and serial number for a good price and the best news is it doesn't need to be activated as the activation servers didn't exist when it was made and It works on my computer completely legally. It is super old like from the 90's but it works and I'm glad God blessed me with something good enough I can use for my art.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys so back in July I came on here to get advice and help as I felt convicted because I modified software that I got from ebay and used illegal files to make it run and not have to activate it as photoshop cs3 servers have been taken down as of years ago. Well after seeing the responses I reailzed I was sinning and immediately deleted and permanently erased the software from my computer. In this time I realized it doesn't matter why your doing it there is no justification for sin. It doesn't matter that the seller scammed me, It doesnt make it right to do something and use something your arent supposed to be using. Onto now, so Four months have passed since then and I wanted to say that I ended up revicing a blessing from God. My dad was able to get me a legit copy of photoshop 5.0 from ebay in the orignal box and serial number for a good price and the best news is it doesn't need to be activated as the activation servers didn't exist when it was made and It works on my computer completely legally. It is super old like from the 90's but it works and I'm glad God blessed me with something good enough I can use for my art.

That's great! Photoshop can be very expensive so I can see wanting to Crack it. I'm glad you realized that it was illegal and stopped doing it!

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,029.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how good you are with Photoshop, but if you want to learn, have a look at Phlearn and PixImperfect on YouTube, they both have a lot of excellent tutorials that are easy to follow.

Upvote 0