Update on Fr. John Corapi

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CJtheCatholic

Hello all! First off I want to say that I have been gone for a long time from the Christian Forums. It has been a turbulent year of struggling with my personal faith and I have also been busy and not had the time to post here on the forums in a while. I also am no longer Roman Catholic and am in the process to be chrismated in the Orthodox Church.
That being said, though no longer Roman Catholic I have much respect and an affinity for many many Catholic religious teachers including Fr. Robert Barron and Fr. John Corapi. As all may know, Fr. Corapi was suspended from ministry a few months back after certain 'accusations' from a former employee of his.
Sadly, just today Fr. Corapi announced that he is no longer in the active service of the Catholic Church. He has a new website, TheBlackSheepDog.us, and he said he is removing himself from his priestly ministry due in part to his bishop being unwilling to allow him to continue his ministry. He now refers to himself simply as John Corapi, no longer 'father'. I can say personally that this is a very sad day for Corapi and all of us. Let's all continue to support him in his future endeavors!
God bless and its good to come back. Just wish it was under better circumstances!

Reactions: OuterWater

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all! First off I want to say that I have been gone for a long time from the Christian Forums. It has been a turbulent year of struggling with my personal faith and I have also been busy and not had the time to post here on the forums in a while. I also am no longer Roman Catholic and am in the process to be chrismated in the Orthodox Church.
That being said, though no longer Roman Catholic I have much respect and an affinity for many many Catholic religious teachers including Fr. Robert Barron and Fr. John Corapi. As all may know, Fr. Corapi was suspended from ministry a few months back after certain 'accusations' from a former employee of his.
Sadly, just today Fr. Corapi announced that he is no longer in the active service of the Catholic Church. He has a new website, TheBlackSheepDog.us, and he said he is removing himself from his priestly ministry due in part to his bishop being unwilling to allow him to continue his ministry. He now refers to himself simply as John Corapi, no longer 'father'. I can say personally that this is a very sad day for Corapi and all of us. Let's all continue to support him in his future endeavors!
God bless and its good to come back. Just wish it was under better circumstances!
Wow! :(

I posted something the other day about an announcement being imminent but I was hoping it would be good news.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I will be attacked for this, but Corapi is arrogant and thinks he is above the law. He wants his parishioners to be obedient to the magisterium, but when it comes to him no.

I say, don't let the door hit you in the backside. I knew it from jump street and I let my intuition be known on this forum. Corapi was a sketchy guy and I think he was in the ministry for all the wrong reason.

Reactions: CruciFixed
Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will be attacked for this, but Corapi is arrogant and thinks he is above the law. He wants his parishioners to be obedient to the magisterium, but when it comes to him no.

I say, don't let the door hit you in the backside. I knew it from jump street and I let my intuition be known on this forum. Corapi was a sketchy guy and I think he was in the ministry for all the wrong reason.

No attack coming from me but I won't be surprised by it when it happens and I have a few people in mind who will jump you as soon as they sign on. I've written their names on my envelope and will be putting check marks next to them as they show up.

"I quit because I can't have my way"

Big baby and yes he's very arrogant. Sure wish Bene was here to see this.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
If what he says about the Church is true about a priest thats been accused...well that needs to be overhauled completely.

I'm wondering if his Bishop will say anything.

Just be careful Michie. You know I call the church on the carpet, But Corapi is all about Corapi. Yes the church needs to repent, but Corapi is not the vehicle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
No attack coming from me but I won't be surprised by it when it happens and I have a few people in mind who will jump you as soon as they sign on. I've written their names on my envelope and will be putting check marks next to them as they show up.

"I quit because I can't have my way"

Big baby and yes he's very arrogant. Sure wish Bene was here to see this.

Me an Bene conversed on this. We were attacked pretty vociferously. But we were correct in reading his character.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just be careful Michie. You know I call the church on the carpet, But Corapi is all about Corapi. Yes the church needs to repent, but Corapi is not the vehicle.

Well you know sense he tends to preach the truth on a lot of issues then he's just being attacked and persecuted. That's how he'll spin it in his favor.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just saddened by the whole situation. Corapi being Corapi does not affect me faithwise at all. I just find it all very sad. I don't know the story so I'm trying to remain neutral.

He has done a lot of good when he was a priest. There is no denying that. I'm just wondering what his plan is now exactly.... will he still preach Catholicism or is he going to go all political on us with a dash of religion thrown in?

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Me an Bene conversed on this. We were attacked pretty vociferously. But we were correct in reading his character.

I saw that too, and I remember those who didn't like it to the point of flaming y'all and falsely accusing. Those and some others are on my list next to my computer as I watch.

I was neutral on it.

Now I see not only did he appear as a rock star he actually seen himself as one too.

Many prayers for him.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
8-O Shock!! Father Corapi not to be a Father!!!!! The Black Sheep Dog?!!

What is his status? Still a Catholic? Is he leaving on his own or being released from the priesthood? Good grief and knock me over with a feather!
My fav on EWTN, now no more. Geeze.... :*( Sad day...
Yeah... I have the same questions & more.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

No attack from me. All are entitled to speak their piece without attack to personal suff. Glad you post if I agree with ya or not. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.