Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Together with the Muslim leaders, Cherry Hill Presbyterian’s pastor, Neeta Nichols, denounced Moughni’s complaint about the Easter egg hunt. Nichols and the Muslim leaders also urged area Muslims to come to the Eggstravaganza!” and have their children participate.

The Muslim delegation donated $500 to the church. The money will go toward the purchase of even more eggs.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The press likes to blow stuff completely out of proportion to sell newspapers. (I live in Detroit on the boarder with Dearborn.) Detroit newspapers are known for doing that.
The public schools in Dearborn accommodate situations related to Ramadan, so I don't see anything wrong with them allowing advertising for the Easter egg event.
I agree with this from the article:
Local Muslims took to social media by the hundreds to condemn his puzzling stance against Easter egg hunts for kids—and to condemn the Detroit Free Press for publishing what they viewed as a misleading article in the first place.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Glad I could clear that up for you.
The Detroit News and Free Press newspapers are turning into the National Enquirer with their sensationalized over-the-top articles. It got to where I couldn't even read them anymore because they were writing articles about the bankruptcy that were blatantly intended to scare people into buying the paper--to read the rest of the article. They'll have a screaming headline that says we will no longer have a water department or most police are quitting to leave the state. It's really 'yellow journalism' at it's worst.
I learned from the Free Press/News not to take public papers/news stations at face value--I limit what I watch/read now.

Upvote 0